This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Dark Side

So Steve Lillywhite has heard Roger has turned "Money" into a country song for the new Dark Side release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdZV3nUCKE

album should still be a good listen to as will be interesting to hear his new take on a album her created 50 years ago but has now done a remixed and revised version as he stated.

Comment

Wow, this new project has me amused to death
      Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

I personally believe that the last, but truly the very last thing we could ever need was for someone to think of remaking Dark Side.
        Updating works from the past makes me very sad.
        But what do you want to update... Country? In 2023???

Comment

• YYZ
          YYZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Country is as popular as rock in America ( I think?), so maybe he might have another No.1 on his hands someday soon.

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
        So Steve Lillywhite has heard Roger has turned "Money" into a country song for the new Dark Side release!
        Hoping it will be more of a stripped down acoustic blues version rather than country, kinda like what he did in the Lockdown Sessions but reverting to his blues inspired roots... 'The Diddley Side of the Moon' would get some of my ££$$ for sure.

Comment

Country is as popular as rock in America ( I think?), so maybe he might have another No.1 on his hands someday soon.
          Pink Floyd meets Rascal Flats? Or maybe he'll have Taylor swift as a guest vocalist? I can't tell if this is amusing or terrifying!
          Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

• YYZ
            YYZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Its terrifing.
            Its just Roger being Roger.
            I've lost a lot or respect for him over the last few years.
            Gilmour & Polly are no angels either.

• aybesea
            aybesea commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes... very petty people. It's really a shame. Although I don't see Dave messing with the historic back catalog.

• daemonspudguy
            daemonspudguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Dave did try to claim ownership of the sound effects to Money, despite apparently not even being involved in any of the sound effects for the album.

Social networks have destroyed the new version of DSOTM without having heard it yet, that has annoyed me lately because we don't know how this work of Roger will be. Personally, the new version of CN that I was able to listen to live this past 2022 made me shed a couple of tears, not only because it is MY Floyd song but also because it has a very overwhelming feeling, it captivates you and makes you feel many things, at least in me, that's how it worked. I will wait for this work and then I will give my opinion, but I look forward to it. There are people who still do not know how to distinguish and do not know how to understand.

Comment

I’m always interested in new interpretations of music I love. That one of the original writers is at the helm is a bonus.

I’m curious if Jonathan Wilson has had any sort of influence over how this re-recording has been approached. With his extensive involvement on ITTLWRW and his inclusion in the 4ish-piece studio rehearsal band for TINAD shown in the initial 2020 launch video, he’s evidently a major component in Roger’s current endeavors, and his own solo discography ranges from Floydish to country. Combining that influence with Roger’s acoustic demonstration of Money with a “trans-Atlantic” feel on the Making Of DSOTM doc, I think this could actually be pretty alright.

I am however a little concerned for the… poetic adaptation of TGGITS.

Comment

I'm still curious as to what Roger meant on Facebook about the love for Gilmour's solos on DSOTM, "both of them." Maybe I'm wrong, but there were more than two solos on DSOTM if you count Any Colour You Like. I mean, the Sun would've had to freeze over for those two to work together now, right?

And to the person who joked about Taylor Swift being a guest vocalist on a new DSOTM, please don't a) give me nightmares and b) give my kids a lot of hope. LOL As I mentioned over on Y!, at the bare minimum my oldest likes Floyd, and they all like Taylor Swift.

Comment

Originally posted by bluorangefyre View Post
                I'm still curious as to what Roger meant on Facebook about the love for Gilmour's solos on DSOTM, "both of them." Maybe I'm wrong, but there were more than two solos on DSOTM if you count Any Colour You Like. I mean, the Sun would've had to freeze over for those two to work together now, right?
                I suppose he was generalising or being lazy when referring to past work. He’s never going to answer back catalogue interview questions with fan-level accuracy and he’ll no doubt have been referring to the two biggies: Time and Money.

Comment

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/stat...-_VTiC57ipw8aA

Can‘t describe yet what i think…
                  FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                  Youtube
                  Apple Podcast
                  Amazon Music
                  Spotify
                  Deezer
                  Facebook

Comment

• YYZ
                    YYZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That snare drum is terrible !
                    Depressing or what.

I personally think that the preview Rog just posted sounds really good and look forward to hearing more of the album.
                  Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                  Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                  Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                  Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

I can. 🤮

Maybe others will like it, and good for you if you do. Sounds too much like bland elevator music to me. Drums sound like a drum machine. I would have rather heard Roger do a solo performance with an acoustic guitar than this.
                    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
                    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
                      MGoBlue1989 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. I gave it an objective listen and I'm not feeling it at all. I'll give the whole album a listen before final judgement but this isn't making me feel good about it so far.

• mooncusser
                      mooncusser commented
                      Editing a comment
                      the "drums" sound awful

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

….it took me 10 secs to realize it us and them….:rolleyes:

FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                    Youtube
                    Apple Podcast
                    Amazon Music
                    Spotify
                    Deezer
                    Facebook

Comment

• ozorio floyd
                      ozorio floyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought it was just me...

Just as with nearly all other remakes of all other types, not just with music, it's a very bad idea that only diminishes the person putting it out, while besmirching the original.
                    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Comment

Working...
                    X