This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit Rae View Post
    ​Sounds too much like bland elevator music to me.
    That's what I thought as well! Totally imagined myself in the elevator of a fancy hotel. Also makes me think of these "lo-fi music for studying" videos Youtube is full of lately.

This being said, I'm still curious about what he's come up with. I suppose not everything will be like this. I really like to listen to alternative versions of music I like and know well, so this won't be an exception. I'm not very confident I'll like the result, though, after this sample and what he did to Comfortably Numb. But I'll listen for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by floydwall View Post
      Social networks have destroyed the new version of DSOTM without having heard it yet, that has annoyed me lately because we don't know how this work of Roger will be. Personally, the new version of CN that I was able to listen to live this past 2022 made me shed a couple of tears, not only because it is MY Floyd song but also because it has a very overwhelming feeling, it captivates you and makes you feel many things, at least in me, that's how it worked. I will wait for this work and then I will give my opinion, but I look forward to it. There are people who still do not know how to distinguish and do not know how to understand.
      I agree that the new Comfortably Numb was spectacular witnessed live. I saw it twice in Toronto. But a country version of Money, I really doubt I will like. I can't stand country music.

Comment

Originally posted by fatoldpig View Post
        It's like listening to DSOTM after too much Xanax. Might be good to fall asleep to.

There really was no need to redo DSOTM. It feels more like Roger saying "these are MY songs, I'll do what I want.
        This is a guy who tells most of his audience to "f*ck off to the bar" a split second before his shows start. Most fans are there for the Pink Floyd music, not the politics.
        Last edited by FloydFlashback; 03-04-2023, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by buffalofloyd View Post
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	273.5 KB ID:	282886

I tried to like it. I really did. But it's not happening.​

Comment

Apparently, Nick Mason thinks Roger's new version is "absolutely brilliant".

Pink Floyd's Nick Mason Reacts to Roger Waters' Re-Recorded 'Dark Side of the Moon': 'Absolutely Brilliant' | Music News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Nick Mason hails Roger Waters' 'Dark Side of the Moon' (faroutmagazine.co.uk)

Comment

No idea if it will be any good or not, but I agree that it won’t harm the original album, which will still be available in several formats forever.

And as we’ve seen, some duplicative albums have for better or worse faded away. Will anyone confuse Roger’s two (!!) live Wall albums with the original? No way, and they certainly don’t replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eggs View Post
                  I personally believe that the last, but truly the very last thing we could ever need was for someone to think of remaking Dark Side.
                  Updating works from the past makes me very sad.
                  But what do you want to update... Country? In 2023???
                  It's his work, man. He can do whatever the hell he wants with it. If you don't like it being reworked, simply don't listen to it. Easy. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eggs View Post
                    I personally believe that the last, but truly the very last thing we could ever need was for someone to think of remaking Dark Side.
                    Updating works from the past makes me very sad.
                    But what do you want to update... Country? In 2023???
                    Yes, because reworking albums in a new style is totally a new thing, and so is rerecording DSOTM. Never been done before. /s
                    In all seriousness, if you don't want to listen to it, don't. That simple.
                    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Also, at least Roger's new version actually fits the criteria of being something new. The boxset Dave has put together is an absolutely pathetic effort and pales even in comparison to the Experience edition 12 years ago, much less the Immersion edition. The remix is good, but that's it.
                      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Roger doesn't want to replace DSotM, he just wants to reinterpret it. Why not? Many do it today with other people's music, probably due to lack of imagination and often without much respect (not all). Generally I don't like it but I've already found some gems here and there. Let us be surprised...

In any case, Money "country version" (if true...) piques my curiosity!

I had access to the beginning of this new work and I offer you a sample:​
                        Attached Files

Comment

• YASHA
                          YASHA commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unexpected and interesting!

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
                        ... The boxset Dave has put together ....
                        You really think he did it alone? All by himself? Seems like your passion is blinding you, as every new release of any pre-Wall work needs the input and approval of all the members. Don't forget that. If that boxset is mediocre and pale in contents it's thanks to Roger too, as he had to sign on it.
                        Last edited by ruben77; 04-01-2023, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elisto54 View Post
                          Roger doesn't want to replace DSotM, he just wants to reinterpret it. Why not? Many do it today with other people's music, probably due to lack of imagination and often without much respect (not all). Generally I don't like it but I've already found some gems here and there. Let us be surprised...

In any case, Money "country version" (if true...) piques my curiosity!

I had access to the beginning of this new work and I offer you a sample:​
                          April Fools--- this is Dub Side of the Moon

Comment

• Elisto54
                            Elisto54 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exact !

And I, therefore, fell for a holiday joke ...

However, I liked this "lame buffoonery"
                          TBS14

Comment

• Elisto54
                            Elisto54 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A little good mood in this sad world doesn’t hurt

Undoubtedly. I more happy than upset
                          TBS14

Comment

Working...
                          X