X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear god....

Comment

What the fuck have I just listened to?
      Can a trusted friend please take Roger to one side and discourage him from dismantling his incredible legacy?

Comment

Oh, that's difficult for me...i better say nothing. Money. Got it.

Best
        Nils
        FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
        Youtube
        Apple Podcast
        Amazon Music
        Spotify
        Deezer
        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
          My review of Money - interesting idea but he’s made the whole thing sound like When We Were Young off Is This The Life We Really Want.
          Spoiler alert, 95% of Roger's stuff all sounds the same and has the same formula. Several songs on ITTLWRW are just Have A Cigar 2 and 3, and some Mother rip offs. I like some of Roger's stuff but he is objectively obsessed with G/D/C/F chord progressions.
          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Ya know...I heard tbe Us And Them clip. I was iffy but it grew on me. I heard Eclipse, I liked it a lot.

I heard this last night and was intrigued until the verse came. I literally said aloud "What the FUCK?", and it happened several more times after the verse was over. I couldn't get through it all, the cello solo.

I showed some mates of mine and I accurately predicted their reactions would mostly be "what the fuck." I mean, if it's good or bad to you, so be it but I feel like even if you think it's great, you still have a little "what the fuck" in you. Maybe not for the same reasons I do, but because it's so different.
            - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Oh my days. The mood of the piece is nice in that it would work in a drugged out movie scene but it adds nothing to the original.

I think I get it though, it's the only way he can get people to listen to his weird 6th form nonsense without having to actually write an album.

I won't be preordring.

​​

Comment

No, that is not my piece of cake...
                Now Money sounds (as us and them does) like ITTLWRW, which is a good song, but one of that kind is enough.

Comment

Comment

It’s embarrassingly awful. I can’t think of anything positive to say about the song or the video.
                    If it’s money he’s after, I’m out.
                    Last edited by Journey Man; 07-21-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I like it.
                      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Sounds like the older brother of Paolo Conte to me…really awful
                        The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

Or just like Leonard Cohen's "You want it darker"?

Comment

Is this the redux we really want?

And may be An Original Composition is the 20-minute The Bar?​

Comment

Speaking of money, imagine having so much you could throw some away creating an unnecessary redux album. With top-notch production quality and fancy music videos and whatever he has to pay musicians, engineers, etc.

Comment

The sound universe of the most intolerant people to the new version is very small. there are dozens of related works in the recording universe and well appreciated. surely these are the same fans who expect the "classical" (and not necessarily real) formula of: intro-verse-solo-verse-solospectacularguitar. my honest recommendation: listen to more music, broaden your musical horizon... it doesn't hurt... learning new things, changing points of view... it's never been bad. in fact, a 79-year-old man is demonstrating it to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X