Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is frustrating is reading so much whining. it affects them as if their favorite doll had been broken. understands that although it is a forum, it is also a common space. one, two, a hundred people can express how much the new version of Money sucks for them. but reading 10 times the same opinion of the same person expressing the same thing... that's really nerdy. nuff: we already understood that you didn't like it, you've already vomited so much about the topic that you already stink and smell like vomit... please stop... we have the right to our opinion... but your position is already clear to us.

Comment

• NuffM
      NuffM commented
      Editing a comment
      You can like it, I just don't. I'm not invalidating anybody's opinions. I just don't like it and I don't think it's fair for the negative comments to be silenced. To each their own.

Have a nice day

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post

Let's ask the same question, but thusly: "Is it necessary to repeat many times that they like it?" (and keep the rest of the paragraph the same).
    From the same person?

Comment

OK, official warning.

If you can't discuss any Roger Waters related topics without getting in a fight, what can we do...?!

RW Team: Please stop feeling attacked because anybody does not like his output, or please stop reading it.
      RW hate Team: Please stop bolstering you contention that this is all soooo bad.

If we have to close all threads due to these childish fights...this forum renders itself being useless. Use reddit for these fights.

//Skinny
      FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
      Youtube
      Apple Podcast
      Amazon Music
      Spotify
      Deezer
      Facebook

Comment

Sorry guys, but this strikes me as bad cover band material. It's truly a disservice to one of the legendary albums of all time. Just my take.

Effectively, Roger has taken the best part of the album (the musical performance) and chucked it out. It doesn't work at all for me.

I've now given it one obligatory listen. I shant make that mistake again.
        Last edited by aybesea; 07-23-2023, 04:11 PM.
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Just want my vote to be counted: I quite like it.

Comment

Originally posted by voices2010 View Post
            From the same person?
            Like you continuously repeating yourself by whining about people repeating themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Like you continuously repeating yourself by whining about people repeating themselves?
              Really? Why can‘t you stop. This post creates nothing but more anger. Stop. All has been said.
              FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
              Youtube
              Apple Podcast
              Amazon Music
              Spotify
              Deezer
              Facebook

Comment

Let’s give a short summary: Roger has done a new version of Money and some of us like it and some don’t…
                What is the problem?
                The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
                  So Steve Lillywhite has heard Roger has turned "Money" into a country song for the new Dark Side release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdZV3nUCKE
                  Going all the way back to the original post here, I'm not sure if this quite hit the "country" mark, but it does have a somewhat charming "sleazy jazz club" feel.
                  "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

On a side note - what does everyone think of the cover art? I don’t mind it, don’t see the relevance of it but maybe it’ll become clearer with the full release? Old dogs, lack of new tricks?!

Comment

• deibd
                      deibd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Call me crazy but I think the dog represents Roger, wouldn't be the first time he has used a dog for that purpose. The original cover of dark side being reflected on the dog's eye with two hands holding it represents fan expectation imo "THIS is what dark side should be". Maybe I'm full of shit who knows.

It has doggo and that's enough for me to like it.
                    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

​Let's be serious...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	318
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	355238

Comment

Wow, this really sucks. I'll take Dave's 1982 version over this any day. It's better than the Syd sessions from 1974 though.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryIsBored View Post

Going all the way back to the original post here, I'm not sure if this quite hit the "country" mark, but it does have a somewhat charming "sleazy jazz club" feel.
                          Had the same thought and I still can't shake the curiosity what a country version would sound like.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post
                            OK, official warning.

If you can't discuss any Roger Waters related topics without getting in a fight, what can we do...?!

RW Team: Please stop feeling attacked because anybody does not like his output, or please stop reading it.
                            RW hate Team: Please stop bolstering you contention that this is all soooo bad.

If we have to close all threads due to these childish fights...this forum renders itself being useless. Use reddit for these fights.

//Skinny
                            I think this thread is still inside the framework of an emotional but also interesting discussion regarding a emotional subject but without any real personal attack which is quite an improved progress.

Regarding the new version; well that´s all we are here for also, to hear new and different versions of known tunes. For my part with DSOTM I would prefer a studio album of the first half of 1972. But I can´t complain with all there is.

Comment

Working...
                            X