Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post! I think this is marvellous. It's hilarious and absurd, and also quite creepy.

Judging from the horrible faux-live version he put on the B-side of one of the Radio KAOS singles, this type of reinvention is infinitely preferable to yet another live album full of inferior versions of the existing arrangements.

Comment

Meanwhile, being the anorak that I am, I have finally managed to snag a copy of each version of this:

Black LP from Roger's store
      Transparent Orange LP from Roger's store
      Violet LP from Amazon.com
      Blue LP from HMV.com
      Yellow LP from FNAC.com
      Red LP from NewburyComics.com
      White LP from jpc.de

CD from Roger's store

Gold Cassette from Roger's store

Now, if only we get an actual physical release of the Atmos Mix, I'll be a happy camper.

The lesson I've learnt is to never laugh at someone else's silliness. 3 years ago, I had a private chuckle as the Beatles and McCartney fans went on a quest to get every coloured vinyl (and CD) edition of McCartney III. Fast forward to 2023 and the joke's on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Triply View Post
        Meanwhile, being the anorak that I am, I have finally managed to snag a copy of each version of this:

Blue LP from HMV.com
        Yellow LP from FNAC.com
        White LP from jpc.de

CD from Roger's store

Gold Cassette from Roger's store

Now, if only we get an actual physical release of the Atmos Mix, I'll be a happy camper.

The lesson I've learnt is to never laugh at someone else's silliness. 3 years ago, I had a private chuckle as the Beatles and McCartney fans went on a quest to get every coloured vinyl (and CD) edition of McCartney III. Fast forward to 2023 and the joke's on me!
        If "Green" gets released - be very grateful if someone could post a link to it here ;-)
        One of These Days....

Comment

Blue LP from HMV.com
          Yellow LP from FNAC.com
          ​
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Where_Is_the_Green_Sheep.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	355250
          somewhere must be the green
          Last edited by svaerige; 07-24-2023, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Blue LP from HMV.com
            Yellow LP from FNAC.com
            White LP from jpc.de
            Note for anyone looking, you have to go to the Amazon.co.uk site to find the Violet version.,

Does anyone know how to get HMV to ship to the US? All the others seem to allow it, but the HMV Blue is listed as "ships to UK only." -- is there a way to do it, or does anyone have a drop shipping service they can recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by grignr View Post
              Does anyone know how to get HMV to ship to the US? All the others seem to allow it, but the HMV Blue is listed as "ships to UK only." -- is there a way to do it, or does anyone have a drop shipping service they can recommend?
              Looks like in the US, the blue vinyl is also available from https://experiencevinyl.com/products...x-blu-vinyl-lp and will be in local record stores as a RSD release too
              Last edited by grignr; 07-25-2023, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
                ​
                Click image for larger version Name:	Where_Is_the_Green_Sheep.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.6 KB ID:	355250
                somewhere must be the green
                Well, there was a Green LP release of "Is This The Life We Really Want?"

Comment

Roger will be performing in London on October 8....
                  https://lwtheatres.co.uk/whats-on/roger-waters/

Comment

Originally posted by Mark45 View Post
                    ...Sunday Night at The London Palladium...wonder if Jimmy Tarbuck wil be hosting

Comment

I'm still quite excited for this album to come out. I really like this version of Money, because at this point it would be weird if I didn't have the opposite opinion to much of the Floyd fandom (see also: my views on The Final Cut)
                      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark45 View Post
                        unusually small venue for roger these days, maybe the more intimate atmosphere will help the new redux breathe (in the air) a little bit better

Comment

Second date added on October 9th.

Comment

I wonder if the 8 & 9 October performances are promos for the album release or a trail balloon for touring DSOTM Redux..

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

Can you imagine Not Now John done in this fashion?
                              It's bad enough on the "[Obscured]" version.

Comment

The obscured version as in "Stuff all that" which was released as a single .

Comment

Working...
                              X