No announcement yet.

New Alan Parsons PULSE mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 5.1 of the Pulse Dark Side set isn't quite on my top 20 wish list but it's better than anything else they've put out for awhile. I understand the annoyance with another re-release of music we've already heard and I definitely understand the annoyance with a release that's only half the show (we wouldn't be here if we didn't have at least a bit of a completism fetish), but if I'm being honest I have probably listened to the first disc of Pulse maybe twice since 1995. As a greatest hits set peppered with Division Bell fluff there is not much in it for me. But the 1994 tour was the only time I got to see Pink Floyd live. I saw the original set at Yankee Stadium in June and then Giants Stadium in July, which turned out to be the second of the Dark Side shows. But I hadn't heard yet that they'd actually done it, just had seen a few usenet rumors it might be coming. When they fiddled with the set list in the first set we figured something interesting was going to happen, and when Speak to Me started up the second set the excitement in the stadium was off the charts. An unforgettable show. Our seats weren't great but well positioned for the On the Run airplane flying right overhead. Yes, I am pretty psyched to see this again in surround sound.

Comment

Dave vocally thanked Roger on stage anyway (I know, I was there), so it's fair for him to thank Polly in the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

That post was from 5 years ago. New information came to light after that which has been shared since. Guthrie didn't veto it, he just didn't see the need to remix it and apparently neither did Gilmour.
        Thanks for the clarification. As you can see the information is still referenced and believed as true (not only here but in other places too), so an update with the proper facts is always welcome. Now that I know it, I won't repeat incorrect facts.

Comment

by the way I still don't understand what happened to the mastering of Any Colour You Like in 2019/2022 release

it is noticeably different from the previous releases

1994 – Pay Per View Broadcast
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - PPV 1994.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	371704

1995 - LaseDisc Release

Name:	2 - LD 1995.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	371705

2006 - DVD Release

Name:	3 - DVD 2006.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	371706

2019/2022 - Blue-Ray Release

Name:	4 - BR 2019.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	371707

for comparison - the mastering of the other tracks is not much different in the early and late releases

Comment

And if instead of releasing a not-so-interesting live version of Dark Side in 5.1 they simply opted for a CD with this, wouldn't you be happy?

1971-03-07 Studio 3 & Control Room 3, EMI Studios, Abbey Road, London, England Pink Floyd – Meddle

Tracks:
            01 – Return Of The Son Of Nothing (Echoes) – takes 1-16 recorded (take 16 marked ‘best’); take 16 guitar, organ and super-weird bass for crossfade into drums, bass, organ and guitar overdubbed​

Comment

Working...
            X