New Alan Parsons PULSE mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
    once again to put in Polly Samson to the credits isn't that not motivation ?​

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
    Unnecessary and unfunny post.
    I got a chuckle out of it, for one reason or another…

There’s really no reason to turn this into another David/Polly vs. Roger issue. While I’m sure they get some satisfaction out of it in regards to the feud, Roger’s still laughing all the way to the bank every time they release something like this, and it is just David showing appreciation for his wife after all.

It does make it oddly David-centric for a Floyd release though, where’s the thanks for Annette? Has this been the case with the last couple live releases?

Comment

The "Thanks to Polly" is for the work on Division Bell. This is already on the bluray, not only this specific release (and maybe on the DVD, but not sure for that).
      This is a non subject.
      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by lvri View Post
        The "Thanks to Polly" is for the work on Division Bell. This is already on the bluray, not only this specific release (and maybe on the DVD, but not sure for that).
        This is a non subject.
        ​​​​​
        The credits had to be changed to include Alan Parsons but since none of the Division Bell tracks are included with this release it must just be a courtesy to leave her name in the credits "as is." Which is fine.

Comment

I would not be surprise if they only change the credits for the mix and keep exactly the same for the rest as the previous release.
          ​​​But, not very important at the end. Certainly, like you say, it must just be a courtesy to leave her name.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, David wanted to make a remix of PULSE for the Later Years, but Guthrie used his veto.
            ​​​​
            How does this work? I’m surprised that a person not in the band who I assume was fairly compensated for his work somehow gets to control something and can veto a band decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
              How does this work? I’m surprised that a person not in the band who I assume was fairly compensated for his work somehow gets to control something and can veto a band decision.
              It's because of his status a producer of the original that he has a saying on any modifications to the product and subsequent re-releases. That's independent from his role as sound mixer/engineer, for which he was fairly compensated back then.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post

It's because of his status a producer of the original that he has a saying on any modifications to the product and subsequent re-releases. That's independent from his role as sound mixer/engineer, for which he was fairly compensated back then.
                Does that mean that he has some ownership of the live album? Again, surprised that a non-band member, regardless of their role, can veto things.

Comment

I guess I'll get around to checking it out when it hits streaming services before I decide to buy. I already own an unreasonable number of copies of both Dark Side and Pulse in one form or another. I'll at least lend an ear before passing judgement. It's certainly not something I would have ever put on a wish list, but maybe it will justify it's existence to me. Haha

Comment

None of this is true. There was no veto. Everyone was happy with the original mix.

Comment

This release is ridiculous. How about dig up the Saint-Ouen, France 1972 recording instead?

Comment

None of this is true. There was no veto. Everyone was happy with the original mix.
                        There was not a story about not including the CD of PULSE because it was impossible to remaster/remix it without the approval of Guthrie (who refuses... At last, IIRC)

Comment

There was not a story about not including the CD of PULSE because it was impossible to remaster/remix it without the approval of Guthrie (who refuses... At last, IIRC)

Yes, there was. It was said/posted by someone at least once or twice. Therefore my statement above.

Edit:

I found what may be the origin of that information (and the somehow reliable source I remembered). It's on the Steve Hoffman forums, and the information was shared by someone who is also a member here. The post is from 2019 on the Later Years thread at https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...#post-22831851
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ruben77; 07-25-2024, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Okay I’m very dense this morning (coffee hasn’t kicked in yet). So he has veto power - but didn’t exercise it, or he does not have veto power?

Comment

Yes, there was. It was said/posted by someone at least once or twice. Therefore my statement above.

Edit:

I found what may be the origin of that information (and the somehow reliable source I remembered). It's on the Steve Hoffman forums, and the information was shared by someone who is also a member here. The post is from 2019 on the Later Years thread at https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...#post-22831851
                              That post was from 5 years ago. New information came to light after that which has been shared since. Guthrie didn't veto it, he just didn't see the need to remix it and apparently neither did Gilmour.
                              Last edited by rontoon; 07-25-2024, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all these informations.

So now, we'll see what Alan Parson offers to our ears (I imagine the footage will be the same quality... Maybe a new cut ?). A bonus with a making of could be great too (always interesting to listen them about the work they do !).

Comment

Working...
                                X