New Alan Parsons PULSE mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanko View Post
    Can we get Steven Wilson to work his magic on the early albums, next?

Does Alan Parsons have much of a reputation for remixing the work of others?
    Don't know about the Steven Wilson question.

As for Alan parsons remixing a version of Dark Side of the Moon... well, I guess nobody questions that. His work as engineer in the original album (and his quad version of the same) are enough credentials for me.

Comment

I wonder if they’re gonna package this as a 2 disc CD/BluRay set. I can’t imagine they’d bring in Alan to do a remix for it to be a video only release.

Anyone wanna place bets on how much this will go for?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanko View Post
        Can we get Steven Wilson to work his magic on the early albums, next?

Does Alan Parsons have much of a reputation for remixing the work of others?
        The Raven that Refused to Sing By steven wilson the mix is by Alan Parsons

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll pass on the latest release in the Endless Cash Grab series. IMO the reason they're releasing it as a single disc is because AP really has no involvement with the other material, and hey, let's be honest...no-one is really interested in the other at this point To piggyback on another comment in the thread, PULSE really is where PF started to abuse their fans in the name of cold, hard cash. Another double live album? A mere seven years after the last one? Sure, the blinking red light was kind of a cool marketing device, but I remember seeing a lot of them in the cut-out bin not too long after its release.

Meanwhile, I would pay handsomely for a decent stand-alone single disc stereo fold-down of Parson's quad mix of DSOTM but I won't hold my breath waiting for that.
          Last edited by stonytokes; 07-23-2024, 12:30 AM.
          And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Comment

Besides the concerts from '74 and '94, from which other concerts are there soundboards of the album?

Comment

Originally posted by AtomHeartFucker View Post
              Besides the concerts from '74 and '94, from which other concerts are there soundboards of the album?
              The Wall live album, to an extent... the partial soundboards of August 8th and 9th 1980 have several moments that appear on the live album, but they're such bad quality that it's a little embarrassing to present these as soundboard recordings, even though they are. The other August show used (the 7th) has soundboard copies flying around in the trading circles.

I'm not sure if Dortmund was recorded the same way, but they did multi-track some of those shows. Guthrie has said once before that those shows weren't used at all because of the terrible sound and his disdain for those performances. June 1981 has no soundboard recordings, period. Only the partial multi-tracks that they produced (for example, they didn't record anything audio-wise of Flesh 1, Young Lust etc.).
              - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Wasn't PULSE remastered and remixed like 5 years ago? Why do we need a third of what the original album had as a standalone product? I'm trying to understand the strategy here but there just isn't one.
                Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

• Emdy
                  Emdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only the video was “restored” and re-edited, the audio wasn’t touched.

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
                Wasn't PULSE remastered and remixed like 5 years ago?
                No, it was not.

Comment

I don’t want start an argument here and I’m not commenting on the merits and shortcomings of either musician (love them both) - but is it possible that an element of this release was motivated by Roger’s DSOTM Redux?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, David wanted to make a remix of PULSE for the Later Years, but Guthrie used his veto.
                    Why is it possible to do DSOTM now is strange, but maybe the original mixer has some rights to do it ? And so, David uses this opportunity to do, at least, a part of the show ?
                    Don't think this is motivated by Roger's redux
                    ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                      ... but is it possible that an element of this release was motivated by Roger’s DSOTM Redux?
                      Originally posted by lvri View Post
                      Don't think this is motivated by Roger's redux​​​​
                      once again to put in Polly Samson to the credits isn't that not motivation ?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	452503288_18448349725034325_5301740546996772567_n.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	371540

Comment

The funny thing: I complained on this episode (https://youtu.be/l8fdKHMlhmc?si=AR3dhQsi8vrYJUSk&t=3798) that they were not brave enough to release only the DSOTM set on CD but created another Double Live CD on which the Dark side part fell aside. Now 30 yrs later they may do that...

Best
                        Nils

FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                        Youtube
                        Apple Podcast
                        Amazon Music
                        Spotify
                        Deezer
                        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	452503288_18448349725034325_5301740546996772567_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	243.5 KB ID:	371540
                          In a movie, a book, or any creation, you have the right to thank whoever you want. This is not a credit, just a message. And David is not the first one to do that.
                          ​​​​
                          Do you think the thank you to the audience is against Roger too ?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                            is it possible that an element of this release was motivated by Roger’s DSOTM Redux?
                            Not likely. My hunch is that this was planned before Redux. There's a schedule of Pink Floyd releases worked out years in advance.

Comment

• DesertRat
                              DesertRat commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Cool, this is the answer I was hoping for 🤘

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
                            Unnecessary and unfunny post.

Comment

• aybesea
                              aybesea commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Absolutely agree

• NuffM
                              NuffM commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Absolutely agree, as well
                          Working...
                          X