Waters-DSOTM redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone is interested
    I got these for sale because because we are prevented to do the trip from sweden:
    Two tickets in row Q of the STALLS seats 34+35 to Roger Waters perform Dark Side of the Moon Redux at the London Palladium on SUNDAY 8th October 2023.
    Tickets will be sent over as PDF 24 hours before the show.

V.I.Palladium tickets, se more information here, a bit down on the linked page:
    Roger Waters Tickets - The London Palladium, London – Official Box Office

PM me if interested I can give a really good price.
    Confirmation from LW​
    Last edited by mulle; 10-07-2023, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

Pretty standard going rates for a new release vs. $300 for ~10 discs of the same thing that’s been available for 50 years with an incomplete concert that’s been available for over a decade and a slightly different surround mix that the average consumer will never listen to. Not exactly comparable in my eyes. You can guess which one I chose to spend my money on.

I’m sure the publishers have more to do with the cost than anything else, but my point is that we’re getting something new other than the obscenely lazy set the band already put out.
      >Earlier in the old now-locked thread, we had been talking about the colored vinyl versions of DSOTM Redux and Triply summarized:
      > Black LP from Roger's store
      > Transparent Orange LP from Roger's store
      > Violet LP from Amazon.co.uk
      > Blue LP from HMV.com
      > Yellow LP from FNAC.com
      > Red LP from NewburyComics.com
      > White LP from jpc.de

>Which brought up the question, also asked by Booster and svaerige, "where's the green?"
      >Here it is: https://recordstore.co.uk/collection...green-vinyl-lp

Nope, no money grab here. 🤔

For the record, I hate that all artists do this kind of garbage.
      What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

• grignr
        grignr commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean, you have a point -- does anyone really need all those colored vinyl versions? Probably not.

And yet, for some people (including me), it seems like a fun idea. And these are limited editions, e.g. the 500 red from NewburyComics. So, sure these are going to make money, but limited runs of 2 colored vinyl LPs for ~$35 probably isn't making as much money as, say, a single night's live show.

If you put all seven colored vinyl versions in your shopping cart, you'd have 14 nice limited run vinyl LPs of a newly-recorded album and still have a lower sticker price than the $300 that Pink Floyd wants for the 50th anniversary box whose highlights were an incomplete Wembley show and new mix that was nearly indistinguishable from the old mix.

Not only is this album a better way of celebrating the 50th, this marketing is a lot more fun. YMMV.

Originally posted by nipote View Post
      It looks like the soundscape of the Pulse cassette with Waters speaking.​
      more speaking !!!

oh he is restless

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

>Earlier in the old now-locked thread, we had been talking about the colored vinyl versions of DSOTM Redux and Triply summarized:
        > Black LP from Roger's store
        > Transparent Orange LP from Roger's store
        > Violet LP from Amazon.co.uk
        > Blue LP from HMV.com
        > Yellow LP from FNAC.com
        > Red LP from NewburyComics.com
        > White LP from jpc.de

>Which brought up the question, also asked by Booster and svaerige, "where's the green?"
        >Here it is: https://recordstore.co.uk/collection...green-vinyl-lp

Nope, no money grab here. 🤔

For the record, I hate that all artists do this kind of garbage.
        So, you’re saying it’s a cash grab because you have the option to buy it in any color you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

So, you’re saying it’s a cash grab because you have the option to buy it in any color you like?
          Originally posted by Gingnr:

> If you put all seven colored vinyl versions in your shopping cart, you'd have 14 nice limited run vinyl LPs of a newly-recorded album and still have a lower sticker price than the $300 that Pink Floyd wants for the 50th anniversary box whose highlights were an incomplete Wembley show and new mix that was nearly indistinguishable from the old mix.​

---

To address both comments:

You'd have 8 (counting white) versions of the same, exact album. No differences in mixes, mastering, Atmos, etc. Just a different color of vinyl (plus the gold cassette, don't forget that). It's still 47:51 of the same exact music. In the US, the black and orange from Rog's site are $42 and $46 respectively. The sites for the Green shows $36 and Red is $56, Blue is $35. Plus shipping so say an average around $40. Getting all eight is going to be around $300 - $320 so you're pretty much in the same range as the official 50th box set. For the same 47:51 of music. And we all know that many people will not just be buying one copy/color.

The 50th Aniv box can be rightly criticized but at least it had the vinyl, cds, dvd, blu ray, Atmos, book, etc in it (as weak as it was). As the poll some weeks ago showed, most people have multiple, multiple copies of Dark Side so it's fair to make the same point of being the same music but we're talking Redux vs 50th box set here. It could have been worse I suppose, PF could have done the multi-color stuff and see how many suckers, er fans, would have bought multiple boxes.

In summary, yes, a cash grab all around.
          What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
          PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
          Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
          Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
          Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Imagine for a moment that you're not an English speaker.

And all that feeling of the music that transmits to you the beats of the heart increasing in volume is being told to you by someone with the lyrics of Free Four... which you remember as an upbeat and hippy song... and the record plays with small passages of background music (horrible drums... even though someone spoke of their audacity)... because of course... this is not a record... it's an audiobook.

And what gave life to this marvel from '73 is missing. Neither the effects, nor the guitars, nor the keyboards, nor the voices, nor the sax... nor the bass. It's flat. Smooth. There's no imagination. Did it seem like a great idea to them? Can people enjoy it? I think more about their ego and that I prefer the Peppa Pig or "A Capella" versions... it has more rhythm and imagination.
            But to each their own...

Stop imagining that you're not English speakers already!!!!!

"A new, re-imagined version by Roger Waters."... the record says. And that's it. But it's not something my cats can't do... "A new, re-imagined version by Godin & Truman".

Comment

• ruben77
              ruben77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there a Peppa Pig version of Dark Side of the Moon??!! Now I Have to search for that

• Grilo do Demo
              Grilo do Demo commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man, I LOVE the a capella version! Not only imaginative but also excellently done!

Personally, not to my liking.

If I hadn't listened to DSOTM a thousand times (or there about's), and bought this as a RW solo work, it mighta kinda maybe worked for me. But to put this in classic Aussie - "yeah, nah".

Am a fan of Rog, and love a lot of his solo stuff, but this just doesn't work for me.

Comment

Absolutely dreadful. One listen was one listen too many...

Comment

Gilmour hits back!

See clip here: https://youtu.be/_XXKqLMRG3Q

Further details have emerged. See article here: https://www.madhousemagazine.com/dav...zmDw2lNyrPkkY0

Comment

• Alan
                  Alan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're probably aware, but just to avoid spreading misinformation in case anybody reads this to quickly: the video is ten years old, not related to Gilmour as far as I can see, and the story is satire (or just fake, I don't know).

It was a fun read, though.

• Floydophile
                  Floydophile commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly, Alan. Thank you for offering your assistance.

Here is the disclaimer for the fun read, which I just provided:

Madhouse Magazine is The Greatest Rock n Roll Comedy Magazine in the world. We bring you a twisted satirical view of the music and entertainment world.

So, I'm terribly sorry, If I have caused any confusion.

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
                Its a slog to get through. A plodding bore. Roger is too in love with himself and his words. If he just stuck to a musical reinvention in the same way he treated the last 2 songs instead of blabbing over the entire work it might have been listenable. The human drum machine is truly awful!
                Agreed^^^^^^^
                I thoroughly enjoyed his DSOTM tour. Redux, not at all.
                Last edited by mark2114; 10-08-2023, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I feel bad for people who paid money to listen to Roger read boring excerpts from his memoirs for the first half of the show last night. And then there was all that time wasted on political rants. Barely time for The Bar and Mother. Those in attendance were not happy!
                  Last edited by rontoon; 10-09-2023, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I can't help feeling angry about the ridiculous amounts of time and money that are wasted on vanity projects such as this. Roger isn't the only guilty party here, Gilmour & Co are just as much to blame. Endless reissues in multiple formats for eye-wateringly obscene amounts of money just takes the biscuit. As a fan I will still enjoy the music but I am quite happy to keep listening to my 80s-issue CDs thank you very much. I am and will continue to experience these new releases through the medium of torrent sites, rapidgator links, etc. but I refuse to hand over any more cash for the barrel-scrapings of a once-brilliant but sadly totally spent and desperate musical force... so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
                    Last edited by gabbleratchet72; 10-09-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Funny review of Rogers London performance https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Donald.html

Comment

Originally posted by herring8 View Post
                        Funny review of Rogers London performance https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Donald.html
                        Totally says it all... always thought our Rog was a bully. Would be wonderful if somebody sneaked a few fireworks into his current gigs, might wake the bugger up!

Comment

• aybesea
                          aybesea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I am so fed up with this guy. What a tool.

• }{eywood
                          }{eywood commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fireworks are a guaranteed way to piss him off just enough that he gives an above average performance

im listening on apple music, its a little pointless and self indulgent - i wont be buying a physical copy and will probably never re-listen but i'm glad i listened.

Comment

• DesertRat
                          DesertRat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          On apple music you can turn his vocals off/down - just saying!
                      Working...
                      X