No announcement yet.

Richard Wright wet dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to have this guitar roaming at the end of "Cat Cruise"; thus we have now the complete ending; instead of some fade out (like for Gilmour first album (which have been extended for the HDTracks release). But there it's great to have the "cold cut" end of the song. I think that will work better with the songs.
    Now, the more I listen to this track, the more I wonder if this could have been a kind of one of Rick's suggestions for Dogs and the "stone(d)" part on Animals : the "Dragged down by the stone (stone, stone, stone, stone, stone)" part.
    Because it sounds to me like a variation of this part, played in a different key, at a faster speed, with grand piano intro which I like a lot, but with some intriguing synth layer which reminds me Rick's work for Sheep (besides the amazing Fender Rhodes jazzy intro).
    Just like "Funky Deux" (Deux = two) could be a kind of sequel to Funky Dung part from Atom Heart Mother. Thinking twice, The Endless River's album also had these kind of musical reference to all epic Pink Floyd's albums (Meddle, WYWH, etc...)

Some drum fills are great, loud and warm and very Nick Mason'ian.

With Pink's Song and Against The Odds (a superb acoustic guitar solo before David Gilmour re-arranged High Hopes in 2002- stunning work by Snowy White) I think that "Wet Dream" is really a great album.
    Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 07-03-2023, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
      It's great to have this guitar roaming at the end of "Cat Cruise"; thus we have now the complete ending; instead of some fade out (like for Gilmour first album (which have been extended for the HDTracks release). But there it's great to have the "cold cut" end of the song. I think that will work better with the songs.
      Now, the more I listen to this track, the more I wonder if this could have been a kind of one of Rick's suggestions for Dogs and the "stone(d)" part on Animals : the "Dragged down by the stone (stone, stone, stone, stone, stone)" part.
      Because it sounds to me like a variation of this part, played in a different key, at a faster speed, with grand piano intro which I like a lot, but with some intriguing synth layer which reminds me Rick's work for Sheep (besides the amazing Fender Rhodes jazzy intro).
      Just like "Funky Deux" (Deux = two) could be a kind of sequel to Funky Dung part from Atom Heart Mother. Thinking twice, The Endless River's album also had these kind of musical reference to all epic Pink Floyd's albums (Meddle, WYWH, etc...)

Some drum fills are great, loud and warm and very Nick Mason'ian.

With Pink's Song and Against The Odds (a superb acoustic guitar solo before David Gilmour re-arranged High Hopes in 2002- stunning work by Snowy White) I think that "Wet Dream" is really a great album.
      FYI, that middle bridge during Dogs uses the same chord sequence as the verses, just slowed down.

Comment

I played this last night as I had it on last week when friends were over to jam/dinner and it was very low in the background...I loved it totally and it takes me back to when I bought it on vinyl as a 14 year old...I didn't like it back then...I love it now and there was so much more I heard this time around as it's been ages since I sat and listened to it... I'm very much looking forward to the new mix even just for the ..hopefully, softening of the highs as it's quite bright...and some lovely bottom end... Snowy was fantastic on the nylon string solo...a highlight... Bring it on!

Comment

When I listen to Cat Cruise - and ignore the saxophone - I wonder if Roger could have used the piano/drums as part of a song on the Wall. He was asking the others to write stuff but got nothing from Rick. Maybe Rick could have saved himself if he offered little musical bits here and there.

Comment

I preferred it to that Zee thing.

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
            Of course the artwork just needs 'The Keyboards and Soul of Pink Floyd' sticker to finish it off.
            Sounds better than "the Turkish Delight lick of Pink Floyd"...

Comment

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...right-blu-ray/

Comment

Amazing!!
                just missing the original mix in high definition!

Comment

Can they put Gala in charge of all remaining Floyd releases?

Seems the kids make more fan orientated decisions than the old blokes. Wasn't it Harry that convinced Roger to release ITAOT?

Comment

yes!! amazing

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	YpLRfN8mIqQ.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	355057 Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	520.5 KB
ID:	355058

https://www.seturmarinas.com/

interesting - was it the same photo/video sessions ?

Comment

Just preordered mine
                        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

This site lists it as being "sold out" now -- which is a little confusing for a preorder 😀 -- but since Rhino is the record label I went to their site, and sure enough, it's still available for preorder there:

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-sto...ichard-wright/

Comment

Pre-ordered Vinyl and BD 😁

Comment

Is this still streaming on the 28th?

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Working...
                                X