No announcement yet.

Richard Wright wet dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This release is and always was a gem. To think, his voice in a lead capacity has been left off the two PF albums before this and of the one after.

Comment

I love this new mix. It sounds really amazing and almost three-dimensional.
      For some reason, my CD still hasn't shipped from Amazon so I'm just streaming that at the moment.

I hope David does release Steve Wilson's mix of David's debut solo album.

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
        Of course the artwork just needs 'The Keyboards and Soul of Pink Floyd' sticker to finish it off.
        Surprisingly, the CD does not have a sticker indicating that he was the Pink Floyd member Richard Wright, which would certainly have been a sales bonus. Instead, there is a note that it is remixed and remastered by Steven Wilson.

By the way, all pictures of the old original artwork can be found on the inside of the eight-page fold-out booklet.​
        Last edited by Pittylabelle; 08-08-2023, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Glad this new remix has sparked new interest in this amazing record! Can't wait for my vinly copy to be delivered. Will be released end of the month, I pre ordered it of course
          Great job Steven Wilson! A rare case of no PF fan complaining about anything on a remix (except the artwork, I liked the old one more 😉 )

Comment

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post
            By the way, all pictures of the old original artwork can be found on the inside of the eight-page fold-out booklet.​
            https://www.discogs.com/ru/release/2...U6OTg2MDQ5NDg=

Comment

If the error is already in the master file it will most likely also be in the Blu-ray edition.

If they want to correct it, they would of course first have to know about this error. If so, I don't think they will be able to correct it by the scheduled Blu-ray release date. The effort would probably be too high.
              The original Blu-Ray release date according to Rhino was July 28. Having heard nothing, I contacted Rhino, and they just wrote back that the Blu-Ray release date is now Sept 28. Maybe to correct the glitch? Could just be a normal delay, but one can hope...

Comment

Originally posted by jaman57 View Post

The original Blu-Ray release date according to Rhino was July 28. Having heard nothing, I contacted Rhino, and they just wrote back that the Blu-Ray release date is now Sept 28. Maybe to correct the glitch? Could just be a normal delay, but one can hope...
                I think the delay is because they added the original mix.

Comment

To me it sounds like a glitch, not a delay at all, especially since it only occurs on the right channel.

Comment

To me it sounds like a glitch, not a delay at all, especially since it only occurs on the right channel.
                    I meant the delay in the release date, not that the glitch is a delay.

Comment

• Pittylabelle
                      Pittylabelle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh sorry, I had misunderstood.

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
                    Strange one to remix. I bought it years ago on CD and thought it was forgettable.
                    I have had in on vinyl for decades, and I find in not only forgettable, but the smooth jazz of every other song is frankly objectionable. Way to go geting Mel Collins of King Crimson fame and turning him into Kenny G

Regarding the remix, it's not enough. It sounds essentially the same, even in an A/B comparison. I expected more from Wilson. His unwillingness to stray far from the original mixes kinda negates the point of a remix
                    Last edited by }{eywood; 08-14-2023, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by }{eywood View Post

I have had in on vinyl for decades, and I find in not only forgettable, but the smooth jazz of every other song is frankly objectionable. Way to go geting Mel Collins of King Crimson fame and turning him into Kenny G

Regarding the remix, it's not enough. It sounds essentially the same, even in an A/B comparison. I expected more from Wilson. His unwillingness to stray far from the original mixes kinda negates the point of a remix
                      I disagree with everything that was written in the above post.

Comment

I think the new mix sounds fa​​​​​ntastic!

Comment

The new mix sounds amazing…
                          love it…

Comment

Not that anyone asked for my opinion and I don't feel like I often agree with }{eywood, but with regards to the original album (I've not heard the remix yet), I totally agree about the smooth jazz vibe being disappointing to what my preconceptions were for a Richard Wright (synth wizz) solo project back in '78. And I really don't like that style of sax playing. For me, sax needs to be harsh and dissonant. I get that some / many love it. But I wanted something more like Shine On or On the Run. Older me realises that On the Run in particular probably was very little of Mr Wright on synth and more Dave and Rog twiddling knobs on the VCS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Nothing View Post
                            I totally agree about the smooth jazz vibe being disappointing to what my preconceptions were for a Richard Wright (synth wizz) solo project back in '78.
                            This is one album where the original cover artwork accurately suggests the kind of music inside. Sounds like light jazzy music to listen to while you’re enjoying a late afternoon cocktail on your boat, or sitting by the pool.

Comment

Working...
                            X