Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ello_Guvner View Post
    I need to check if both nights played unique ones
    I don’t remember hearing the phone call from the Wall on Saturday (could’ve been before I took my seat, I sat down about 10 mins after doors opened). We had voices from DSOTM, and a few pings from Echoes - I captured a tiny fragment of Saturday’s soundscape on my phone.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ello_Guvner
      Ello_Guvner commented
      Editing a comment
      Going off my timestamp, it seems that my sample is from 30 minutes after doors opened. So I think it is safe to say that they are unique, as I don't remember it being played on Saturday either. Both of them had some nice surprises I thought.

For the latest coverage on the Brighton dress rehearsals: https://www.pinkfloydz.com/david-gil...s-in-brighton/

Comment

Just announced ..... "A limited number of Choir Seats are to be made available for next month's otherwise sold out Royal Albert Hall shows in London.
      The tickets will be on sale from tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am BST, from royalalberthall.com.​"

Good luck guys ...

Comment

i caught a glimpse of a rumour somewhere, about shows in 2025. anyone heard more?

Comment

Looks like a special guest is preparing to join David Gilmour on his tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ph3EUOlU4

Comment

I think this is as good as the gig she and John did with Chuck Berry! Can’t wait to see the thousands-strong crowd singing together with her.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Taking a page out of Roger’s book, how exciting!

Comment

• rontoon
                rontoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Inspired by Andy Rehfeldt's work, actually. Check him out on Facebook and YouTube. Good for a laugh every day if you have a sense of humor. (obviously some folks dont)
                Last edited by rontoon; 09-26-2024, 05:28 PM.

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
              AMLOR 2019 is pretty much a 10/10 to me as long as I erase A New Machine, both parts.
              Really? Even One Slip and Dogs of War?

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

There’s an old one out there where it’s supposed to be her singing Great Gig in the Sky. Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by keleven View Post

Really? Even One Slip and Dogs of War?
                  Both are a thousand times better than the originals. The drums on the original One Slip are absolutely horrendous to me and Dogs Of War isn't as boomy.
                  - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Hi,
                    i'm going to Rome for 1st october show. I have a flight tomorrow so I'm wondering if:
                    1. Is it possible to record a show from outside the Circo?
                    2. Does anyone used viagogo resell system to buy a ticket? I'm interested to go on 2nd oct as well.
                    if anyone know anything please let me know.

Comment

• Ello_Guvner
                      Ello_Guvner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1. Looks possible from the posts I have seen. Check out the David Gilmour subreddit for what people have been saying about that exactly.
                      2. Not used it, but I would recommend staying away from it. The Italy shows have their own official resale system here: https://www.fansale.it/tickets/all/david-gilmour/459254

Hope you enjoy!

Both are a thousand times better than the originals. The drums on the original One Slip are absolutely horrendous to me and Dogs Of War isn't as boomy.
                    Okay, but now they're still horrendous songs, they just have better drums.

Comment

• beeco
                      beeco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In your opinion. It's the beauty of music...

Originally posted by keleven View Post

Okay, but now they're still horrendous songs, they just have better drums.
                    Amazing songs. Music is subjective. They were just ok before but now they're amazing.
                    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Amazing songs. Music is subjective. They were just ok before but now they're amazing.
                      “Dogs of War” being described as amazing certainly wasn’t on my bingo card for today!

I actually prefer the original AMLOR mix over the remix. Adding Nick and Rick was a neat idea, and I’m glad they did it, but the cheesy grandeur of the original mix is the soul of the album for me. Trying to make it a truer Floyd album almost paradoxically highlights how unFloydish the music is.

Comment

I have both mixes. I listened to the 2019 mix exactly three times and I don't rule out the possibility of repeating it someday=)

Yes, AMLOR is quite ambiguous in its style ("bad music of the 80s"), but this is what emphasizes its uniqueness and skillful ignoring of "reinforced concrete" stereotypes every time
                        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Working...
                        X