No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there will be additional "rehearsal concerts" in Brighton.

JUST ANNOUNCED! David will perform two special rehearsal concerts at the Brighton Centre on Fri, Sept 20 (evening) and Sat, Sept 21 (matinee). First access to tickets - costing £30 each - will go to fans who order Luck and Strange from https://store-uk.davidgilmour.com/ (including those who've purchased the album from there already).​

Click image for larger version

Name:	459139598_1091500559008963_8141553034101879925_n.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	374218

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post

JUST ANNOUNCED! David will perform two special rehearsal concerts at the Brighton Centre on Fri, Sept 20 (evening) and Sat, Sept 21 (matinee). First access to tickets - costing £30 each - will go to fans who order Luck and Strange from https://store-uk.davidgilmour.com/ (including those who've purchased the album from there already).​

Click image for larger version

Name:	459139598_1091500559008963_8141553034101879925_n.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	374218
      Really don't like this. There are people attending the first concert in Rome and this will surely spoil the setlist for people that aren't going to these "rehearsals". I'm confident it will quickly leak online and upset people.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

Really don't like this. There are people attending the first concert in Rome and this will surely spoil the setlist for people that aren't going to these "rehearsals". I'm confident it will quickly leak online and upset people.
        That's like saying that the first concert in Rome will surely spoil the setlist for people that will be seeing him on this tour. It's not that difficult to avoid spoilers if that's important to anyone. He also did rehearsal shows for the previous tour as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Had an email stating I will be given a code, for £30 I will definitely be up for trying - even if my train will be double the ticket cost and some in all likelihood!

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

That's like saying that the first concert in Rome will surely spoil the setlist for people that will be seeing him on this tour. It's not that difficult to avoid spoilers if that's important to anyone. He also did rehearsal shows for the previous tour as well.
            Fair enough.

Comment

I’m going to Rome for the second night. I thought that one day of Floyd black out will be enough, but now if I learn anything prior to the show, I don’t care that much. I enjoy the performance regardless of knowing which song is going to be played next or not. I agree that a full surprise (if we can event talk about a full surprise here) would be nice, but I’m not going to be crazy about it.

30 pounds for a DG concert compared to the prices of other shows looks like a bargain. I’d do my best to go if I lived in UK. I will get a code and would be happy to share it with someone who’s actually planning to go but won’t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post

Had an email stating I will be given a code, for £30 I will definitely be up for trying - even if my train will be double the ticket cost and some in all likelihood!
                Only 1,500 people in each audience. That should make for a very intimate evening. I wish you the best in gaining a ticket. If I were in the UK, I would surely try to be there too.

Comment

• DesertRat
                  DesertRat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you kindly!

That's a steal, man. One of the few with only 3,000 attendees total.

Have fun!

Comment

But we expect you to get back with a recording… 😂
                  The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

More songs confirmed for the tour via a photo from Greg Phillinganes during rehearsals of the screen he has in front of him while playing the Keyboards.
                    I must say, I am VERY EXCITED!!!
                    ​PS: Don’t look at the photo if you don’t want spoilers.

Comment

• David S CA
                      David S CA commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for *not* putting the details of what's seen in the photo in your post. I'm one of those who like to go to the show not knowing what's coming up and then being surprised and delighted as the artist plays each song. Kudos!

Btw, I'll be seeing the show on 30 October at the Hollywood Bowl. Sorry, everyone, but I'm not a taper–no equipment for taping nor experience at making a good recording!
                      Last edited by David S CA; 09-14-2024, 07:24 PM.

Just got a single ticket to see a 2nd show at the Royal Albert Hall and it happened to be at 1 of the shows that I am still in London for, the 4th show, the 12th of October in the 4th row of stalls section M, 1st level of stalls, just off centre to the right, WHAT A SPOT!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!
                    Royal Albert Hall keep releasing extra tickets so just keep checking.

Comment

Well I managed to get a ticket to the Brighton rehearsal show, safe to say I am ecstatic! Fingers crossed all other R&D members who tried are successful!

Comment

Well I managed to get a ticket to the Brighton rehearsal show, safe to say I am ecstatic! Fingers crossed all other R&D members who tried are successful!
                        I'm going with my son on Saturday!

Comment

More furious madness from the gadgets of Ticketmaster!

A nerve shredding and infuriating experience with checking free sets, then not being to complete transaction, having to remove them from basket before being able to try again - playing whack-a-mole watching bought seats light up as available again and then the same process again.

I managed a credible 644 in the queue from the kick off - but it was a totally farcical ballache. Managed to score 2x for Saturday - after a total failure to score any RAH shows after over 35 years a loyal fan.

Really loving that 20% service fee. Cheap ticket, and relieved but the exhaustion of trying get tickets and the whole shooting match has left me totally disillusioned about attending live performances.

No downer here just does it all have to be so mesmerisingly complicated. Rant over 🤣
                          Last edited by PFC67; 09-16-2024, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• neonknight
                            neonknight commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly the same experience and outcome here, and I started at position 187 in the queue. My spur-of-the-moment solution was to be counter-intuitive and buy one seat in front of the other (in different rows).

I ought to be glad to get tickets after losing out on the fight for the RAH, when I should have been faster with my fingers. I went straight back in to see how many were in the queue immediately after securing my tickets and there were 2000+ for Saturday alone.

I'm expecting taper contacts from this forum to be present at both concerts.

• DesertRat
                            DesertRat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Similar experience for me, started at 913 in the queue and assumed I was buggered if everyone was buying two tickets and then when I got through it was whack a mole as well!

I think the days of hassle free ticket buying for big name acts are long gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X