Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

It’s been confirmed! 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 October!

EDIT: And dates in Rome, Los Angeles and New York
    Last edited by DesertRat; 05-13-2024, 02:36 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	3177
Size:	578.2 KB
ID:	368767

"The only UK shows"....
    One of These Days....

Comment

Pre-sales for UK resident only who preordered the album... Well, not a big fan of this kind of things...

Anyway, I will decide on the 10th. Could be huge to see him at the RAH, but, maybe a little bit expensive (i'm from france)

Comment

When he last toured I was skint at the time and I was going to buy tickets but didn’t get paid in time and so I missed out - so I’m utterly determined to go this time. Admittedly it’s easier for me as I’m only a couple of hours for London - I hope all who wish to come are able

Comment

Originally posted by lvri View Post
          Pre-sales for UK resident only who preordered the album...
          Where did you find this? I can only see that there is a pre-sale, nothing about the conditions.

Comment

• DesertRat
            DesertRat commented
            Editing a comment
            In an email which was just sent: “If you've already pre-ordered the new album you will receive a pre-sale access code for Royal Albert Hall dates this October.

Your pre-sale code will be sent after 5:00pm BST Wednesday 8th May 2024.“

Haven’t seen anything about needing to be a UK resident though.

• Journey Man
            Journey Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I noticed it was mentioned here,
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/3438...0050228990482/

Seeing as these are the only UK dates, I doubt he's going to visit tons of cities if he comes to the US. Regardless of whether he goes to NY, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, I do not care — I am going.
          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
            Seeing as these are the only UK dates, I doubt he's going to visit tons of cities if he comes to the US. Regardless of whether he goes to NY, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, I do not care — I am going.
            Well last time around in North America, he only did NY, LA, Chicago and Toronto so I wouldn't expect any more than that again. He could easily sell out larger cities like Atlanta, Miami, Denver, Seattle, etc if he really wanted to.
            What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
            PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
            Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
            Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
            Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Where did you find this? I can only see that there is a pre-sale, nothing about the conditions.
              On his twitter message : https://twitter.com/davidgilmour/sta...JkFS4AHoQ&s=19

"First ticket access to UK/IE resident" not sur what IE resident is for... Ireland ? But it's in UK, so...

Comment

• DesertRat
                DesertRat commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it means Ireland, and Ireland is not in the UK - you may be thinking of Northern Ireland

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

Well last time around in North America, he only did NY, LA, Chicago and Toronto so I wouldn't expect any more than that again. He could easily sell out larger cities like Atlanta, Miami, Denver, Seattle, etc if he really wanted to.
              perhaps we'll get lucky (strangely!), and he'll play some historic venues in out-of-his-normal-routine places (kind of like how he did in europe for 'RtL')? the grand ole opry comes to mind. but chicago will probably be the closest to me, again, so i best be saving up some travel dough!!
              ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

I won't be able to go since I don't live anywhere close to where he would play. So I guess I'm just looking forward to some good recordings.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffers View Post

perhaps we'll get lucky (strangely!), and he'll play some historic venues in out-of-his-normal-routine places (kind of like how he did in europe for 'RtL')? the grand ole opry comes to mind. but chicago will probably be the closest to me, again, so i best be saving up some travel dough!!
                  I'm praying he comes to Atlanta. I'll pay some Money for seats if he does.
                  What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                  PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                  Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                  Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
                  Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

I'm praying he comes to Atlanta. I'll pay some Money for seats if he does.
                    We'll be lucky if he plays the same 4 North American cities again. Outside of that, I'm giving odds.

Comment

Wonder if David would do The Sphere in Las Vegas? Imagine that. Of course, the concert promoters would want Pink Floyd-centered selections performed.

Comment

I saw the 2006 and 2016 tours. I will probably pass. Although I can afford tickets, luckily, the price of most tickets these days are just too much. By this, I mean that I personally do not get enough enjoyment from going to shows anymore to justify the price.

Comment

I take hope from "The only UK shows" by specifying the UK there may be other countries and
                          he may play some US dates.

Comment

Working...
                          X