No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were responsible for the playlist and for selecting band members and special guests for the forthcoming tour, I would certainly have Comfortably Numb and invite Ice-T

https://youtu.be/He_nqJzxwCA?si=V4kA5ru-mweY0xSW
    Last edited by Floydophile; 09-20-2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ono View Post
      David could do an enitre show with all his song (as solo artist and as PF leader) and it would be a great show too but, to be honest, it's not what we would choose.. to do.
      Speak for yourself. I would kill to see a concert done by David with only AMLOR + TDB + OAI + RTL + L&S (and his first 2 albums but he will never touch those). I love those albums. The Division Bell means more to me internally than any of the "big 4", and AMLOR man, with that 2019 remix? Unstoppable. AMLOR 2019 is pretty much a 10/10 to me as long as I erase A New Machine, both parts. The last 3 solo records took more than one listen to make sense to me, but when they do finally make sense it is a very beautiful thing. I remember not liking On An Island really at all on my first listen, and now... well, what can I say? It's incredible. Maybe these albums don't mean anything to you, but they mean a lot to a ton of people and I promise you that David would still fill arenas with only his songs. It's David fucking Gilmour.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• rontoon
        rontoon commented
        Editing a comment
        He did speak for himself 😁 and I, for one, agree with him.

David could do an enitre show with all his song (as solo artist and as PF leader) and it would be a great show too but, to be honest, it's not what we would choose.. to do.
      I saw Robert Plant a few years ago, most of the show was newer material. He only did a few songs from Zeppelin and his earlier solo stuff, but hearing songs like Black Dog and Big Log rearranged in a sort of psychedelic bluegrassy way to fit the feel of the newer material he was doing was a real treat. That was a great show, and I’m sure David doing something similar would be just fine. Even after the lineup change on the last tour a lot of the music still felt very paint-by-numbersish, to me.

Comment

• stonytokes
        stonytokes commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you talking about the recent tour with Allison Krauss? Incredible show. The highlight for me was their arrangement of When The Levee Breaks/Friends. What an incredible musical pair they make...

The Brighton show is at halftime. I asked my friend how his voice is and he wrote, "A few cracks - but best performance EVER. Heavy Floyd rotation."

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
        The Brighton show is at halftime. I asked my friend how his voice is and he wrote, "A few cracks - but best performance EVER. Heavy Floyd rotation."
        I am super excited for tomorrow, this will be my first time seeing him!

Comment

Amazing first set. A guitar lovers wet dream.

Comment

Good to hear that !
            Do you know if the rehearsals are filmed ?
            Hope that he will come in France in 2025 !

Comment

• Alan
              Alan commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like there are a lot of cameras set up around the stage. Hope we'll get to see it!

• rontoon
              rontoon commented
              Editing a comment
              I doubt it. Probably just a reference for the band.

My friend's comments on the show. A longtime Floyd/Gilmour fan.

Every track from new blows the doors off (says a lot about the album production)
            Best show ever - Floyd stuff was great
            Blistering performance
            Here’s the thing - this might be his best touring band. The thing he said about free to do his thing and fly - this was it​

Comment

The different videos I saw are really promising !
              I think that the lucky owners of tickets for the tour will have great moments !

Comment

I'm very happy to see he played Marooned, one of my favorite tune.
                Anyway no other surprise in the setlist.

Comment

Just finished the Brighton show, well he blew the roof off! Those that worried about his voice, don’t - it was superb as was his guitar playing. It is no exaggeration for me to say that I think some of the hits he played this afternoon were the best versions. Oh, and the lights/lasers have been turned up a notch too!​

Comment

I think David would like to erase RW from his shows. The fact is that he simply can't do that. On a list of 20 PF s top songs, i think that 15/17 would be song with RWs lyrics on. David could do an enitre show with all his song (as solo artist and as PF leader) and it would be a great show too but, to be honest, it's not what we would choose.. to do.
                    I would be happy if he just shut up and played his guitar. Just jam for 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by orangemaze View Post

I would be happy if he just shut up and played his guitar. Just jam for 3 hours.
                      That would be quite exclusive

We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                        Just finished the Brighton show, well he blew the roof off!​
                        Just to add, at the start when Guy Pratt said not to use phones too much, he said ‘just wait for the film’

Comment

One thing I haven't seen any discussion on yet: Before the show, a soundscape was played consisting of all sorts of sound effects. I need to check if both nights played unique ones, but it is certainly worth soaking up in your seat instead of waiting about elsewhere. Here is one from Friday that took me by surprise.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• neonknight
                            neonknight commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was impressed with it on Saturday. Somebody should 'tune in' and capture the soundscape. There's naturally, otherwise, always going to be too much audience noise.

• Ello_Guvner
                            Ello_Guvner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I tried on Friday but to no avail I'm afraid. Assuming the soundscape began when doors opened, it's about 55 minutes long. I managed to get over 1/3 of Friday's and 2/3 of Saturday's with my Zoom H1n.
                            Last edited by Ello_Guvner; 09-24-2024, 09:31 AM.
                        Working...
                        X