No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David confirmed in his interview in the new edition of Mojo magazine that Run Like Hell, Money and Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 won’t be played during this tour. Well he said in a previous interview about Money, everyone knows he was never going to play Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 but Run Like Hell is a new surprise culling. He says he now doesn’t feel comfortable singing the “Run, Run, Run” lyrics as they sound “violent”.
    The whole new album is about death David, come on, your being ridiculous, and your only just thinking this now, what about 8 years ago when you played it during the entire of the last tour!!!
    The whole interview is available in the magazine but this part is featured on there website, here is the link - https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/...aters-rift/​

Comment

• ruben77
      ruben77 commented
      Editing a comment
      People have all the right to change their mind at any time. You're being ridiculous expecting him to be still the same person he was 8 years ago or 50 years ago. Just respect his decisions and his changes, even if you don't like them.

I will finally have doubt about his mental health. After the insane prices and all the stuff around this album. Listen to him saying that this album is the best thig he has done since Dark side... Come on...

Comment

• blauwdruk
      blauwdruk commented
      Editing a comment
      ever heard of promotion and marketing?

Originally posted by thebelgiangnome View Post
    I will finally have doubt about his mental health. After the insane prices and all the stuff around this album. Listen to him saying that this album is the best thig he has done since Dark side... Come on...
    With a post like that, I think it's more likely that your mental health is in question.

Comment

• blauwdruk
      blauwdruk commented
      Editing a comment
      Let’s drop the discussion on mental health… comes to nothing..

Originally posted by Gilmour Is God View Post
    David confirmed in his interview in the new edition of Mojo magazine that Run Like Hell, Money and Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 won’t be played during this tour. Well he said in a previous interview about Money, everyone knows he was never going to play Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 but Run Like Hell is a new surprise culling. He says he now doesn’t feel comfortable singing the “Run, Run, Run” lyrics as they sound “violent”.
    The whole new album is about death David, come on, your being ridiculous, and your only just thinking this now, what about 8 years ago when you played it during the entire of the last tour!!!
    The whole interview is available in the magazine but this part is featured on there website, here is the link - https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/stories/david-gilmour-on-roger-waters-rift/​
    I actually think that you're being a bit ridiculous with your assessment of equating mortality with violence. And I'm glad that he's not playing RLH again, I've seen this song performed more than enough times.

Comment

I still maintain that he doesn't want Roger to earn any PRS from his tour and wants to drop anything that he isn't at least co-author for.

Comment

The whole interview is available in the magazine but this part is featured on there website, here is the link - https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/...aters-rift/​
        Why is Gilmour so uptight...violent..he is just figuring it out now

Comment

If you want to see RLH , ABITW & Money just put on a DVD or watch an old concert on YouTube. I would have thought most Floyd fans would like to see Dave either play something new or some other songs from the Floyd/Gilmour catalogue . There's always The Redux versions being toured by Mr. Waters or something a little more true to the Floyd memories with Nick Mason & friends.

Comment

Originally posted by thebelgiangnome View Post
            David is no stranger to having something a bit odd or even contradictory to say when it comes to the work he’s done, and it isn’t as if charging stupid prices for something he’s involved with is something new or even entirely up to him.

What gave me pause was his recent comments about being in better shape and having a stronger voice than he did last tour. I think we’ve all known someone who has said things in the face of something horrible as if to convince themselves that those things are true. That stuff makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Emdy View Post
              What gave me pause was his recent comments about being in better shape and having a stronger voice than he did last tour. I think we’ve all known someone who has said things in the face of something horrible as if to convince themselves that those things are true. That stuff makes me sad.
              And you're basing this on what? A rehearsal?

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
                I actually think that you're being a bit ridiculous with your assessment of equating mortality with violence. And I'm glad that he's not playing RLH again, I've seen this song performed more than enough times.

I do agree that Run Like Hell has been played alot but I am 1 of the ones seeing him live for the 1st time and I would have loved to have seen him play that iconic Guitar intro and shout out the “Run, Run, Run” parts with my fists in the air!!! I was just surprised with his response to that song, that’s all. And as he said also, it is his music to that song.
                No offence was mean’t by my comments, I am just passionate!!!

Comment

He is tired of playing Money and Run Like Hell non stop since 72 and 80. Get over it. He owes you nothing. He said no to the classics and then said he was open to some; bold of you to assume he would be open to the same ones he has played for the last 50 years rather than some lesser played ones. Thank god he's doing something different.
                  - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

For me th'ats not a problem that he does not play some songs, I'm more dubious with the invoqued reasons.

I agree with the promo and marketing thing, but coming from Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstrat View Post
                      I still maintain that he doesn't want Roger to earn any PRS from his tour and wants to drop anything that he isn't at least co-author for.
                      He is co-author on Run Like Hell...
                      And in 2006, if I'm not mistaken, he didn't play any songs which were only from Roger.

In fact, we all want this or this song. And each time we want different songs. And when these songs are added, we want others.... This is a neverending story.

On my side, yes, I would have love to see David play Dogs, Echoes, Childhood's End, Near The End, Yet Another Movie, ... But he won't. Nevertheless, I know I will love seeing him again playing and sing.... That's all.

Comment

If you play the same songs at your shows hundreds of times over the course of decades, it's very easy for you to hate them yourself.
                        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Working...
                        X