No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love reading everyone’s opinions - though I seem to disagree with most, I rather enjoyed this one - mostly - it’s got a good fun beat, though some of lines of the lyrics aren’t my cup of tea (the bit about ecstasy). Between Two Points remains my favourite single

Comment

I love this new track, its down and dirty and bluesy. Guy and Steve Gadd really drive that groove. So far DG is 3 for 3. Cant wait to hear the rest of the album!

Comment

Whichever vocalist gets tasked with cowbell duties on the tour is gonna have a hell of a sore arm at the end of each night.

Comment

The lyrics is trying to hard, it’s far to complex for me

Comment

My 2 cents:

I listened to the song and I know the problem. I am rarely overly critical, but it does feel rather weak and now late career formulaic style. The trouble is that it’s not a song, but is desperately trying to be one…it is pieces trying to be stitched together with no discernible melody and is jarring. I have no issue with PS lyrics or her influence, but it’s normally off the base of a DG guide/scat vocal melody demo song.

The lyrics are quite chock full and he’s struggling to fit them all in - the drums are unexpectedly plodding considering it’s Steve Gadd, which doesn’t help - the elephant in the room is that he doesn’t just need a new producer, like (nearly) all famous artists have a songwriting team to form a *song*, and is no longer a taboo in music. This is flown in poetry, then reverse engineered session musician created music which is quite weak - feels quite Take A Breath - and then a DG solo.​ I genuinely liked The Pipers Call for context as a stronger composition in all aspects.​

Comment

Originally posted by PFC67 View Post
              My 2 cents:
              it is pieces trying to be stitched together with no discernible melody and is jarring.
              I had the same thoughts with Beauty on Rattle that lock.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC67 View Post
                it is pieces trying to be stitched together with no discernible melody and is jarring
                Originally posted by thebelgiangnome View Post
                I had the same thoughts with Beauty on Rattle that lock.
                if it had worked on The Endless River - why not use the same trick further

Comment

In fact, this is not the first time David uses different piece of work to make a song....

Comment

I have speculated whether Childhood’s End may be included in the set list for the upcoming tour (please please) and today I’ve noticed that the official David Gilmour Instagram account has “liked” a video uploaded by the official Pink Floyd account showing the Childhood’s End video … which I have not seen before, though I may well be getting my hopes up for nothing

Comment

Here is an interview with David done at a Dolby Atmos playback event a couple of days ago - https://youtu.be/GGmJNheY7_4?si=L5JWZwL1WulFGA1c
                      Very interesting that David just rehearsed through a whole (almost) set on his own, very much like what he did before Live 8 to make sure he is really ready to go, but this time around, he didn’t get through it which made me nervous!!! I hope this doesn’t mean he will now cut down the setlist, but still early days and was probably his 1st proper performance trial so once he gets with the band in full rehearsal mode, it should be full steam ahead. None the less, still getting ready on his own should be held as a good thing I suppose and he said he felt good and confident with how it went so I guess things are OK.​

Comment

Originally posted by Gilmour Is God View Post
                        Here is an interview with David done at a Dolby Atmos playback event a couple of days ago - https://youtu.be/GGmJNheY7_4?si=L5JWZwL1WulFGA1c
                        Very interesting that David just rehearsed through a whole (almost) set on his own, very much like what he did before Live 8 to make sure he is really ready to go, but this time around, he didn’t get through it which made me nervous!!! I hope this doesn’t mean he will now cut down the setlist, but still early days and was probably his 1st proper performance trial so once he gets with the band in full rehearsal mode, it should be full steam ahead. None the less, still getting ready on his own should be held as a good thing I suppose and he said he felt good and confident with how it went so I guess things are OK.​
                        Thanks for sharing!!!
                        - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I see Sorrow is listed as a sticker on 1 of his Guitar pedals, taken from the rehearsal pictures. Looks like that is confirmation of that song being played on the tour. YOU BEAUTY!!! LET’S ROCK!!!​

Comment

This isn't exactly the place, but I'd like to know if anyone can help me:
                            I know it'll be easier here than talking to an Amazon robot... I bought the deluxe vinyl set on Amazon France (paying almost double what it cost, in shipping and taxes) on June 18, when the special edition wasn't available yet (which, from what I noticed, only has one extra photo), and it seems that my purchase ended up being that special edition. However, it hasn't been shipped yet and my credit card hasn't been charged. Has anyone bought this edition on Amazon France? Has it been shipped yet? Have you received it?

Thanks, everyone!​

Comment

In the album previews you can see the choir in the recording studio doing a kind of vocal avant garde... it sounds very interesting!! But I haven't been able to identify that part in the final mix... does anyone know where that vocal section is?

Comment

Originally posted by voices2010 View Post
                                In the album previews you can see the choir in the recording studio doing a kind of vocal avant garde... it sounds very interesting!! But I haven't been able to identify that part in the final mix... does anyone know where that vocal section is?
                                obviously it's just a rehearsal

but you can hear some of the choir experiences in A Single Spark (Orchestral)

Comment

Working...
                                X