Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected.
    Last edited by DiegoFermoli; 06-21-2024, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFermoli View Post
      "He has a wonderful lack of knowledge or respect for this past of mine."

Indeed - perhaps Charlie, being a smart lad, was remembering all the great tracks his father never wrote?
      He wasn't referring to his son.

Comment

Looks like Wish You Were Here will be played on the tour, which is great for me seeing him live for the 1st time!!! Seeing him sing and play this song for the 1st time is something I have been waiting so long for!!! I never doubted this song being in the setlist but having something like this confirms it.
        https://youtu.be/MqV557Clb-c?si=zCxOjouBlcjja-sL​

Comment

People say tickets to see Roger Waters on tour are expensive. A single ticket to see David Gilmour's current tour is more expensive than both of my tickets to see Roger combined. Christ on a cracker. Guess I'll see the bootlegs and the concert film if that ever exists.
          No this isn't meant to be a David v Roger feud bullshit thing. Don't even bother, I'm not interested in that.
          Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
          Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
          Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
          Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
            A single ticket to see David Gilmour's current tour is more expensive than both of my tickets to see Roger combined. Christ on a cracker.
            Christ on a cracker indeed, David touring is such a rare event that a lot of folks treat it as a holy pilgrimage.

On the one hand, comparing prices of tickets, based on quantity alone you would have been ~3.5-4 times as likely to see a Roger Waters show than you would a David Gilmour show between 2015 and the end of 2024. Scarcity (unfortunately for most) typically dictates price of whatever product/event.

On the other hand, David’s voice seemed to be fairly shot three songs in on one of those Von Trapped / Covid things he did a few years ago, and as he doesn’t rely on the production/backing vocalists/double tracking/lip syncing (however we want to amicably phrase it) that Roger does to get through a show… I can’t justify the cost of tickets, travel, board, etc. to go see two hours of what is looking to be mostly solo material that largely doesn’t do much for me, which may ultimately be a lackluster (in my eyes) performance anyway. I get it, it’s a more authentic performance, but as a lifelong fan who has never seen him live and likely won’t get the chance to after this tour, I just can’t justify the cost.

All the power in the world to the people who want to and can pay to see their guitar god for probably the last time. I’ve said it before, I’m excited for you guys.
            I’m looking forward to the boots proving me wrong.

Comment

I've seen him twice at good price during the rattle that lock tour. The Brighton warm up concert and the Tienen concert in Belgium. Both tickets were below 80€. In simply don't understand the rising of the prices here nor I understand the rising of the price of the box sets.

Comment

The advertisements for the tour now say "The new album Luck & Strange and Pink Floyd Classics." Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb were obvious before the "rehearsal" teaser, but I bet this is just referring to those two songs + maybe Learning To Fly, definitely High Hopes and maybe something from the Syd era (David did mention that Astronomy is a fantastic opener...)
                - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I see a lot of votes for Yet Another Movie and Childhoods End, I'm hoping for those as well, but what are the odds, they seem to be really deep cuts.
                  ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Floydfan2410 View Post
                    I see a lot of votes for Yet Another Movie and Childhoods End, I'm hoping for those as well, but what are the odds, they seem to be really deep cuts.
                    ​​​​
                    Fat Old Sun and Wots Uh The Deal could be considered deep cuts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Fat Old Sun and Wots Uh The Deal could be considered deep cuts as well.
                      Wots... Uh the Deal was indeed a deep cut when he played it back in 2006, that was a big surprise.
                      I think I felt the same way about Fat Old Sun and the Syd songs when I watched the Meltdown DVD. The
                      Rattle That Lock tour also had some nice surprises like What Do You Want From Me, One of These Days and Sorrow. So I guess the Lock and Strange tour will have a few surprises/deep cuts as well.

At the moment I'm actually compiling my own "David Gilmour Plays Pink Floyd" concert of of all the Floyd songs he has played live since 2001, if I haven't missed any I count 28 songs, including Atom Heart Mother and Remember a Day which I add as bonus tracks. I hope to be able to add a few more soon.
                      ​​​​
                      Last edited by Floydfan2410; 07-26-2024, 07:13 PM.

Comment

sorry if this is posted in the tour thread and not the album (but I think that the main thread about the album has been closed) :

live in France and I wanted to pre-order at the Fnac David Gilmour's new album.

There is no combo CD+Blu-Ray release ?

Like Richard Wright "Wet Dream" it will be Blu-Ray OR CD release ?

There was a deluxe box set with a hardbook + CD + Blu-Ray, but it has been deleted from the pre-order. Has this been canceled or postponed ?
                        https://www.fnac.com/a20420553/David-Gilmour-Luck-And-Strange-Coffret-Deluxe-CD-album​
                        Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 08-05-2024, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                          sorry if this is posted in the tour thread and not the album (but I think that the main thread about the album has been closed) :

live in France and I wanted to pre-order at the Fnac David Gilmour's new album.

There is no combo CD+Blu-Ray release ?

Like Richard Wright "Wet Dream" it will be Blu-Ray OR CD release ?

There was a deluxe box set with a hardbook + CD + Blu-Ray, but it has been deleted from the pre-order. Has this been canceled or postponed ?
                          https://www.fnac.com/a20420553/David-Gilmour-Luck-And-Strange-Coffret-Deluxe-CD-album​
                          https://www.fnac.com/a20784646/David...eluxe-CD-album

Comment

thank you :-)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxnpDTw16k

Nice guitar solo (when this track - which we can hear near the end of this short video - will be released ?) - before the album like the 2 other songs ? Apparently David Gilmour listened to Frank Zappa's "Sexual Harassment in the Workplace" and the moustachu probably listened to "Dogs".
                              Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 08-06-2024, 11:24 PM.

Comment

It seems that the very expensive deluxe box has disapeared and been replaced by a new one at 80€

https://davidgilmour.fr/products/cd-...lu-ray-audio-1

It seems to be the same but impossible to find the description of the previous one.

Edit : about the previous boxset "exclusive to this set is a high-quality Anton Corbijn photo print"
                                Last edited by lvri; 08-08-2024, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X