No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I tried… was in the queue about 5 minutes before the sale started for the Monday date, but by the time the 1500 people in front of me had had their pick, there were no tickets left. I keep checking back to see if a miracle happens, but it seems it sold out within minutes….

Comment

Only EU shows — so US is confirmed.

Time to drop life savings to not only drive to NY but also get the actual tickets.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by b_squared View Post
        Dang, I tried… was in the queue about 5 minutes before the sale started for the Monday date, but by the time the 1500 people in front of me had had their pick, there were no tickets left. I keep checking back to see if a miracle happens, but it seems it sold out within minutes….
        yep me too. I snoozed and lost.

Comment

How to get a presales.code for Rome:
          https://www.virginradio.it/news/rock...15-maggio.html

Comment

London and Rome only for Europe, he's taking the "old man tour" to new levels. Thought I'd see him in Toronto, now I'm worried. I'd go to Vegas for a week of shows, not sure I'd want to go that long to NYC or Chicago personally.
            Last edited by OAI; 05-10-2024, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Man, I woke up early (in Brazil there is a 4 hour difference) and after a while I managed it! In the arena, fourth row!! But then my international card found an unusual operation and the purchase was denied!!!!! And there was no time to resolve it!! Now, with everything resolved, tickets are sold out!!

Comment

• Simond
                Simond commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow! Sorry to hear that.

• DesertRat
                DesertRat commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s awful - I sincerely hope you make it to a Rome show instead if you so wish

• goguilorenzo
                goguilorenzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you guys! I'll see what I do now! The idea was to see it at the RAH, but luckily, in 2015 I managed to see 4 of the 5 shows at the RAH...
                A tip: At least in 2015, David never entered through the Stage Door, and yes, he was walking from Hyde Park, together with Polly and entered through another door... I asked him to sign my tour book and he kindly said no !

Does anyone know how concerts work at circo massimo? Is it a general admission no seat kind of thing? Those shows are tempting as I'm guessing the weather is great there that time of year, and after seeing David in Verona last tour, I really loved the Italian crowd vibe.

Comment

Looking for a kind soul who may have a spare for any London show. I missed out on everything yesterday and today. Happy to wire the money immediately as long as we can share IRL details - any face value ticket - including the hospitality packages. PM me so we can sort. Cheers all 👍
                Last edited by PFC67; 05-10-2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Given I would argue people on this and the AFG boards are probably the most passionate Floyd fans in the world, and very few seem to have got tickets (certainly i see more complaints than cheers) I really think dave has pissed off his hard core fan base massively here

For the record, I am in the p!ssed off state, Had three tabs open for three shows, got nothing. Fortunately unlike a friend i had not already bought my Australia UK return tickets

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                    London and Rome only for Europe, he's taking the "old man tour" to new levels. Thought I'd see him in Toronto, now I'm worried. I'd go to Vegas for a week of shows, not sure I'd want to go that long to NYC or Chicago personally.
                    Since he doesn’t like to travel on tours anymore it would be cool if he did a Billy Joel style residency somewhere (London, I assume) where he plays a show or two once a month for the indefinite future.

Billy’s been playing at Madison Square Garden for years.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post

Since he doesn’t like to travel on tours anymore it would be cool if he did a Billy Joel style residency somewhere (London, I assume) where he plays a show or two once a month for the indefinite future.

Billy’s been playing at Madison Square Garden for years.
                      I understand the appeal to the performer, especially older ones, for wanting to just do residencies but it's really a big screw you to the fans. Especially long time fans that don't live in those areas or don't have money (or time) to travel to see THEM.

Ego thing as well? "If you want to be My fan, you have to travel to see Me." I don't have the inclination to travel 1,000 miles to see someone that just wants my money above all else (see above about Dave "declining" to sign a tour book). I'd rather see someone in the local clubs I could maybe get an autograph, actually converse with or drink a beer with.
                      What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
                      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                        Does anyone know how concerts work at circo massimo? Is it a general admission no seat kind of thing? Those shows are tempting as I'm guessing the weather is great there that time of year, and after seeing David in Verona last tour, I really loved the Italian crowd vibe.
                        From what I read yesterday on some Italian site - it's the same as the UK for the pre-sale tickets. You have to pre-order the album in Italy get a personal number/ticket in the queue.

However, given the size of the venue and the fact that it's a few dates in the same place, I doubt he's going to sell out the venue from pre-sales alone. Sure, Floyd were big here, but this isn't the band and it's not like his solo albums have raised the roof. I don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just suggesting it shouldn't be too hard to get tickets, pre-sale or not.

Honestly, the fact that you have to pre-order the album to be in with a chance for the pre-sales is some of the lowest form of marketing I think I've ever seen. Surely you'd buy it because you just wanted to buy it - and not because you were somehow forced to? What if you're a big fan of the last one but not this one? What if you're not even a fan of his solo work (that's me) and just want to hear the classics? I'm surprised these artists aren't called out for this more in general. It's low, real low, and the only thing it really does is artificially boost their album sales. I have no doubt that's the sole reason behind it.

Comment

• neonknight
                          neonknight commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For the UK concerts you didn’t have to pre-order the album to get a pre-sale link. There was an opt out.

Originally posted by MrFender View Post

I understand the appeal to the performer, especially older ones, for wanting to just do residencies but it's really a big screw you to the fans. Especially long time fans that don't live in those areas or don't have money (or time) to travel to see THEM.
                        Yeah I get it. But he’s pretty old now. If David was a nobody who worked in an office his whole life, he would have been retired for like a decade or so. I can picture lots of people that age who just want to relax and don't want the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post

Yeah I get it. But he’s pretty old now. If David was a nobody who worked in an office his whole life, he would have been retired for like a decade or so. I can picture lots of people that age who just want to relax and don't want the hassle.
                          Except Roger and Nick are way older and do 100x more than David. David has been on record saying that he is just lazy and he needs someone to push him extremely hard to do stuff, i.e., touring and recording.
                          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I kind of like the residency thing but this one just feels a little short. He could probably sell 14 nights in the UK no problem.
                            For the OA I tour wasn't it London, Manchester and Edinburgh?
                            I certainly don't begrudge how he's doing it. If he doesn't like touring anymore that's up to him. He's got nothing to prove anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X