Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Le festin des huitres/Chit-chat with Oysters" is available online since tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks I will download your software; but I have just muxed it with MKVToolNix on Mac, it instantly recognized the format .VTT and muxed it to an .mkv; the French subs looks nice with "ç" "é" "respected"; thus I guess MKVToolNix knows to handle .VTT format. I have checked with VLC, it looks okay no sync problems, better than the subs on the web site : looks like blu-ray subs; just have to see if this works on my TV set, but it depends on blu-ray player; and I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    If really people here who wants badly to see it with French subtitles can't do it; I could upload the whole .mkv; but you only need the sub file I posted above to do it by yourself : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/34cc02372d697750d67d851d49f6fb7920240210011649/7704aab12da03694dd537bd69582dffa20240210012016/595aa4
    Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-10-2024, 02:36 AM.

Comment

try the long url (copy/paste if the short link on previous page does not work) : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/34cc02372d697750d67d851d49f6fb7920240210011649/7704aab12da03694dd537bd69582dffa20240210012016/595aa4

the short wetransfer link can have a re-direct error; so if the error happens instead of clicking on the link, copy/paste the link instead in your browser

I'm currently uploading a mkv with the French subtitles; but is it really necessary if you know the trick to add it to the video ?
      Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-10-2024, 02:43 AM.

Comment

or try this link (French subs .VTT file ripped from the web site; works just fine if you muxed it into an mkv video file) : https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/aac8...4-25ce8c13123d
        Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-10-2024, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I took those French subs and loaded them up in Subtitle Edit and translated to English. It's not exact word for word but good enough. Here you go...

https://fromsmash.com/English-Subs
          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Here is a link to the SRT subtitles

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y6K...usp=drive_link
            Last edited by Peter7; 02-14-2024, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Great stuff.

The bit with Rick messing up the lyrics to Echoes is very telling (knowing what's going to happen in the future). He looks frustrated and embarrassed.

Once the pressure started ramping up I can see why he would go inside himself.

Comment

They messed up the lyrics especially in 1987 when Echoes was still in the setlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydfan2410 View Post
                  They messed up the lyrics especially in 1987 when Echoes was still in the setlist.
                  During which show? I know that they rearranged them but that was a creative call.

Comment

• David S CA
                    David S CA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lately, I've been listening to (and loving!) Jimfisheye's recent remastered matrix of the 1972-09-22 Hollywood Bowl show. They mess up the lyrics to "Echoes" in that one, one of them singing the lines from the first part during the second part.

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...remaster-24-96

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

During which show? I know that they rearranged them but that was a creative call.
                  Some of the bootlegs I've heard from 1987 when they play Echoes is sounds like they forget the lyrics. Can't remember which shows.

Comment

• beeco
                    beeco commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thyr messed up lyrics, forgot where they were in songs. Those 70's shows sound bloody great!

anyone noted that DG calls the lyrics "rubbish", like the teacher in ABitW?

Comment

FYI, someone who downloaded the file from the link I supplied also deleted the file. The link no longer works but there's at least 50 of you now that can help the others out.

Comment

• H.Timseel
                      H.Timseel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They are among us! Thanks for the link, Ron.

Very nice film. I have two questions
                    1. What are the Wbins David talks about at 33:00? Internet search suggests a special form of subwoofer speakers by JBL
                    2. The snippets from Pompeii: have they been converted to black and white only for this film to make it all look more cohesive?

Comment

• Rupert Pupkin
                      Rupert Pupkin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's what I think (2)
                      Even if Pompeii was not shot in 16mm like the black & white footage, I think that A.Maben did the editing in 2013 and that the restoration used the "upscaled" source of Pompeii (as release on DVD then on blu-ray - you can tell it because there are some edge enhancement whereas the black & white footage has some fine grain - argentic-like texture)
                      At the beginning for instance we have a short sequence of Pompeii with what I think is an alternate edit (not the performance itself, but this short sequence filmed from above the sky).
                      Whereas the other sequence of Pompeii suffered from edge enhancement and excessive/abrasive DNR.
                      My hope and guess it that the Cinémathèque did not have access to the Pompeii restoration (the one which was broadcast or stream at one Italian channel a few years ago - and which has a lot of HD details and film-like texture the Early Years transfer does not have it).
                      So they probably did these inserts and turned it into black & white.

Originally posted by newyorkpf View Post
                    Very nice film. I have two questions
                    1. What are the Wbins David talks about at 33:00? Internet search suggests a special form of subwoofer speakers by JBL
                    2. The snippets from Pompeii: have they been converted to black and white only for this film to make it all look more cohesive?
                    Answer to your second question: Yes I think they have just made the Pompeii footage B/W to make it fit the rest of the film. But I'm a bit surprised that they haven't used the higher resolution footage for those shots. Maybe they weren't available at the time?
                    This post from 2013 gives really good information about the restored Pompeii film. It's sad that it still hasn't seen an official release!
                    Restored Floyd at Pompeii and new Maben Floyd documentary at Montreal Film Festival | QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum
                    Last edited by Floydfan2410; 02-15-2024, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Unfortunatly I can't d/l the full show (not the yt video, mean the full video). Anyone could send me a link to d/l it?
                      please please
                      thanks a lot !

Comment

• Elisto54
                        Elisto54 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        See your PM 🙂

Enjoyed the film very much, if only for the personal dynamics on full display. But a lot of their in-jokes and defensive humour was pretty much identical to how some of the gangs of boys acted at the all-boys school where I spent my childhood.

Comment

Working...
                      X