Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Le festin des huitres/Chit-chat with Oysters" is available online since tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanko View Post
    Just because the first post doesn't include much context, is this the black and white footage Maben shot that made it into latter releases of Pompeii? More footage was broadcast here than was ever included in any release of Pompeii?
    He originally shot around 3 hours. Only around 8 minutes was used in the Pompeii Directors Cut film, and it was sadly cropped to 16:9. This is probably the best from the 3 hours that he has edited together in 2013, but I would very much love to see the whole uncut 3 hours!!
    Just finished watching it and it's incredible! It's so amusing and we get a little more insight into the band at that time. You really get the feeling that they are ready to move forward!

Comment

Thank you for the post
      Does anyone have the video with French subtitles?

THANKS​

Comment

Originally posted by Peter7 View Post
        Thank you for the post
        Does anyone have the video with French subtitles?

THANKS​
        Subtitles can be activated on this video:
        Chit Chat With Oysters (Adrian Maben, 2013) - HENRI - La Cinémathèque française (cinematheque.fr)

Comment

Thank You! Wow, what can I say, I love it..

Comment

Originally posted by Floydfan2410 View Post

I am looking for the downloaded video with subtitles or the subtitle file.

Comment

on youtube
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwbxVIhn1I

Comment

Many thanks for the original link and some work that others have put in after the fact. This is really great to see.this is really great to see.

Comment

Fantastic! This footage and the original film cut could be used to make a new Special Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalofloyd View Post
                    I used the link above and was able to grab in 1080p with IDM. No subtitles.

Video
                    ID : 1
                    Format : AVC
                    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                    Format profile : High@L4.2
                    Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
                    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                    Format settings, Reference frames : 5 frames
                    Codec ID : avc1
                    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                    Duration : 52 min 35 s
                    Bit rate : 4 941 kb/s
                    Width : 1 920 pixels
                    Height : 1 080 pixels
                    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                    Frame rate mode : Constant
                    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
                    Color space : YUV
                    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                    Bit depth : 8 bits
                    Scan type : Progressive
                    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.095
                    Stream size : 1.81 GiB (96%)
                    Writing library : x264 core 161 r3027 4121277
                    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=34 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=infinite / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=5 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=5500 / vbv_bufsize=15000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
                    Encoded date : 2024-01-05 16:03:12 UTC
                    Tagged date : 2024-01-05 16:03:12 UTC
                    Color range : Limited
                    Color primaries : BT.709
                    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
                    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
                    Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
                    ID : 2
                    Format : AAC LC
                    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
                    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
                    Duration : 52 min 35 s
                    Bit rate mode : Variable
                    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
                    Channel(s) : 2 channels
                    Channel layout : L R
                    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
                    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
                    Compression mode : Lossy
                    Stream size : 71.2 MiB (4%)
                    Default : Yes
                    Alternate group : 1
                    Encoded date : 2024-01-05 16:03:59 UTC
                    Tagged date : 2024-01-05 16:03:59 UTC
                    I got the same one using IDM

Comment

Originally posted by Chazarrelli View Post
                      Fantastic! This footage and the original film cut could be used to make a new Special Edition.
                      I was kind of expecting that to happen. Apparently a 2K scan of the Pompeii film does exist and was screened to a small audience some years ago. Reviews were really good and supposedly it looks better than ever. So here's hoping 😊

Comment

Outstanding footage...there was tension while working even then... I barely blinked while watching that...What a fantastic document. Thanks to everyone Involved.

Comment

I was able to find and download the French subtitles on the web site of La Cinémathèque Française and force the download; this is an unusual format : .VTT not .SRT

But a quick google search showed me that it can be converted to .srt but I don't have the time right now.

do you know a software to convert .vtt into a more common format such as .srt ? For the French subtitles ?
                          We need a good software which will keep the "é", "ç", etc...
                          I have seen that on the web site of la cinémathèque française they put a black square behind to show the subtitles in white which is not really pleasant.

I have seen that there are many software that can convert VTT format to srt. Even some web site (not using a software)
                          I just don't have the time right now; but many people asked me for the French subtitles.

download link on page 4
                          Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-10-2024, 02:45 AM. Reason: edit - error with wetransfer because re-direct when clicking on the download link, try the long one, if it does not work copy/paste it into your browser rather than clicking on it

Comment

• Elisto54
                            Elisto54 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There's an error in the link, "we" can't find the page
                            I'm building the srt file but it's rather long and tedious because of all the synch.
                            If it works with the VTT, it would solve my problem 🙂

by the way MKVToolNix on Mac can handle the .VTT format and remux the subtitles into a .mkv file; so perhaps it's not necessary to convert subtitles into .srt first.

Comment

ok, it's done with MKVToolNix on Mac : just add the .VTT file which I have uploaded above to the video/audio file (opened with MKVToolNix); MKVToolNix will recognize this file and will mux it into an .mkv file : the French subtitles are okay with "é", "ç" appearing like standard subtitles; I have checked it quickly, the subtitles does not look out-of-sync with VLC.

I will check on my TV set tomorrow and if people here who need French subs can't do it; I could re-up the whole thing into an .MKV file - but it will be like 2 Gb.
                            Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-10-2024, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                              I was able to find and download the French subtitles on the web site of La Cinémathèque Française and force the download; this is an unusual format : .VTT not .SRT

But a quick google search showed me that it can be converted to .srt but I don't have the time right now.

do you know a software to convert .vtt into a more common format such as .srt ? For the French subtitles ?
                              We need a good software which will keep the "é", "ç", etc...
                              I have seen that on the web site of la cinémathèque française they put a black square behind to show the subtitles in white which is not really pleasant.

I have seen that there are many software that can convert VTT format to srt. Even some web site (not using a software)
                              I just don't have the time right now; but many people asked me for the French subtitles.

https://we.tl/t-pt4YAv3GDz​
                              This is the best subtitle program I've come across. It's excellent.

https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases
                              Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Working...
                              X