Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Le festin des huitres/Chit-chat with Oysters" is available online since tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
    cool.

I think that I have grabbed the audio : Ron, search for file : bb77c549.m4a
    the audio is 76,5 Mb file.

I will do a mkv and check if the audio is out of synch.
    Muxing to MKV is perfectly fine and in sync.

EDIT: Oh, if you meaning adding the audio file separately I did not check that.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

• Rupert Pupkin
      Rupert Pupkin commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah they had 2 separate files : a mp4 video file and a m4a; that's why at first I got a video file without audio. I grabbed their audio m4a file (48Khz audio file) and muxed it into mkv.
      It's a 2,02 Gb file now; audio is not out of synch; I have checked quickly; will watch it this morning.
      Thanks a lot for your mp4 dl. I will keep both files. I Wonder why my file is slightly bigger than yours (mkv encapsulated perhaps ?); will search for subs files (only French subs are available).

My question was more technical : some software will re-encode with ffmpeg2 for instance the video, whilst with Jdownloader I did not download a youtube video here but instead grabbed and force the download of the mp4 video file and m4a audio file from the web site (thus I assume that there has been no re-encoding).
      Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-08-2024, 02:08 AM.

I have a perfectly synched MP4 that I uploaded.
    Please PM me for a link.
    Last edited by rontoon; 02-08-2024, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I just finished and this was a very enjoyable watch, amazing after all this time to finally see this. It's so difficult to get straight answers out of them during some of the questions, had to be extremely frustrating. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Very cool
      Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

I can't wait to I can't wait to see it this morning... already on my USB stick...
        It looks to me on the DC of Adrian Maben that these b&w sequence were more nonchalant than the color interview (Roger about the whole society collapsing, etc... these are cult moments); that is to say the oyster scene (what did they put into their cosmic oysers is still a mystery; looks like David Gilmour is already in the outta-space) were also priceless; Had Adrian Maiben not add the ugly 3D footage and morphing David Gilmour into a greek statue (every groupie knows that David is as handsome as a demi-Dieu) to the DC I would have liked it better.
        The vocal take of Echoes with Rick Wright suddenly taking the lead is priceless as well as David Gilmour rhythm funky part of Echoes.
        I hope that there will be more sessions in this priceless B&W footage.
        We could wonder why this has not been a part of the Early Years box set.
        I mean, I know three were some (c) issue, but if you compare the Italian HDTV broadcast which has some real argentic grain to what has been released; it's sad.​
        Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-08-2024, 04:47 AM.

Comment

IDM Its OK Thank You Very Much

Comment

thank you so much for this gem 😘 (kiss from my "stagiaire" new intern, Ana)
            Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-08-2024, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Thank your very much! This is really a gem!

Best
              Nils
              FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
              Youtube
              Apple Podcast
              Amazon Music
              Spotify
              Deezer
              Facebook

Comment

Wow! How good is this…

Comment

What a treat! Thanks for sharing the link! This is the sort of thing that would work well on an Early Years Volume II

Comment

I think I answered all PMs that asked for a link. There were a few dozen of you so appologies for any lack of written response other than the link itself.

Comment

This is truly a gem!
                      it's been on my wishlist for years!
                      I was expecting it to be an extra on a new Live At Pompeii restored edition on Blu-ray.
                      But this it amazing!

Comment

This is amazing 🤩 I have wanted to watch for yonks

Comment

I did not except such wonderful stuff!

The b&w inserts in Pompeii DC are some parts outtakes or are edited (the scene with David being surprised to see suddenly Rick "taking the lead" on Echoes).

It's great to have some parts of guitar (especially in the background, I almost believe that it was another "Pieces" of Echoes (like on the Early Years) in major; but it's certainly one channel of the multitrack of their Pompeii recording which is playing in the background.

It's fun to see David "pose" like L'Oréal parce que je l'vaux bien; looking and smiling at the camera; the "Strangers popping(?) in the street" with a French accent scene;
                          His voice has nothing to do with Gilbert Bécaud - Mister 100 000 Volts.
                          David's voice sounds pure and crystal like Harry Nilsson;
                          It's such a pleasure to see Rick pushing his vocals; his voice his fragile but so much emotion.

Mademoiselle Nobs : did not reoverdub her vocals; and Roger ? Did he like on Ummagumma for Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun.

I wonder how good was the actual live-vocal take of Echoes at Pompeii ? Like the average 1971 audience concerts we used to hear ? As far as I can remember the epic BBC TParis heatre 1971 live performance had no vocal overdubs (contrary to some early BBC recordings.)

It's great to see some exclusive alternate shots of Pompeii (not the song but parts of the inserts - as if this was from an early/alternate edit (not the song; the shots are the same).
                          It looks to me like the 16mm has been combined with the new restoration (burk) of Pompeii for the DVD (so much edge enhancement if you compare with the Italian HDTV broadcast which has a fine grain).

I like Rick answers to all the questions; I'm a bit surprised they did not mention D.A Pennebaker movie "Monterey 1967"; because Gimme Shelter was much more like the story of a wreckage, autopsy of a murder...
                          Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 02-09-2024, 02:32 AM.

Comment

since it has been requested; just in case, here is the audio directly ripped from the site :
                            https://we.tl/t-DAXO87bl9j

perhaps it would be nice to try to assemble the overdubbed sessions of "Echoes" without the interview; like it's common for the Beatles studio sessions...

Comment

Just because the first post doesn't include much context, is this the black and white footage Maben shot that made it into latter releases of Pompeii? More footage was broadcast here than was ever included in any release of Pompeii?

Comment

Working...
                              X