Richard Wright wet dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pittylabelle View Post
    Hi guys, got my Blu-Ray version of that album today.

Hooray, the glitch I discovered and described in post #64 and #65 on page 5 has now actually been corrected on the Blu-Ray version!

Did the producers really read along here, correct the glitch and thus cause the delay in the release date?​

For your information:
    In "03 Cat Cruise", right at 4:28 minutes, there is a pretty present glitch on the right channel - maybe caused just by turning the guitar track back on - and not noticed during the remix process and postproduction. This concerned the CD and the downloadable Hi-Res version.

This glitch is now gone and respectively fixed on the Blu-Ray!

On the Blu-Ray, the point in question is at 12:23 minutes.
    I'm stunned and feel honored at the same time!

what kind of a glitch ?

where do you see a glitch ?

there is no any difference between the CD mix version and the Blu-Ray 2.0 mix version

here is the sampler (10 seconds started from 4:28 point) - in the left channel is the right channel of the CD mix - in the right channel is the right channel of the Blu-Ray 2.0 mix

[ATTACH]n361943[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	03 - Cat Cruise - Compare.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	361944

they are identical

Comment

It's not necessarily visible in this way and on this scale...
      The ultimate test for spotting any difference between two "identical" signals is to reverse the phase of the first and then add it to the second. Everything that is equal cancels out, only what is different will remain visible. It's a quick and unstoppable test​

Comment

Originally posted by Elisto54 View Post
        It's not necessarily visible in this way and on this scale...
        The ultimate test for spotting any difference between two "identical" signals is to reverse the phase of the first and then add it to the second. Everything that is equal cancels out, only what is different will remain visible. It's a quick and unstoppable test​
        you don’t understand

there’s not only a visible picture

there’s also a sound file to compare ‘signals’

[

Comment

• Elisto54
          Elisto54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course, I was talking about an acoustic signal, not a picture! I can't see myself "reversing the phase" of a picture
          However, the final observation could be as much visual as acoustic (if the difference is strong enough to be heard).

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

you don’t understand

there’s not only a visible picture

there’s also a sound file to compare ‘signals’

[
        Okay, stay tuned, I'll try to show you the exact spot visually. It's not so easy to see in the waveform, so I'll demonstrate it for you with the spectrogram of iZotope RX, but I won't get round to it until this evening.

Another way to identify the glitch is to listen carefully, possibly with headphones. The glitch is a small pop sound at the described point in the right channel of the CD and Hi-Res version.​
        Last edited by Pittylabelle; 11-22-2023, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I compared the two channels of the mp3 and there is a noticeable difference between the two:

Top: original L-Ch; Bottom: R-Ch minus L-Ch​
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	332
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	361961
          It looks like one of the channels has been processed, I don't believe that mp3 can generate such a significant difference. To be sure I'd need the original snippet (in lossless format), but as it is I'd deduce that the Blu-Ray has indeed been "retouched".

PS
          I have the hi-res version and I can hear the pop in question​ 😉

Comment

Maybe just maybe there's been a correction on the other media? Once the fix had been made, it could be rolled out for the downloadable version. And who knows if it's sold enough for there to be a revised CD 2nd pressing? Just speculating here, but both of you could be correct.

Comment

Guys, I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct myself, I rejoiced too soon.

Yesterday I had rashly compared only the Dolby Atmos track of the Blu-ray with the CD version, as Dolby Atmos is preset on the Blu-ray. I hadn't thought to check the PCM Stereo 96/24 track on the Blu-ray as well.

But I have now made up for that. Unfortunately, the glitch is also on this PCM Stereo 96/24 track!!! So they used the previous Hi-Res version with the glitch - they did NOT correct the glitch.

However, the only positive aspect is there that this glitch cannot be heard on the Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 96/25 tracks.​

Sorry if I have caused confusion.

Comment

Still waiting on mine. Was sent UPS two weeks ago and tracking hasnt been updated..

Musnt grumble. First world problems.

Comment

The video part of the Blu-ray consists of private film footage of Rick Wright:
                  1. "Waves": Impressions about Rick Wright and his sailing yacht.
                  2. "Lindos Sailing Regatta": Impressions about a sailing regatta at which David Gilmour was also present.
                  Very entertaining to watch.
                  Last edited by Pittylabelle; 11-25-2023, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X