This is Not a Drill live broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Not a Drill live broadcast

Sign up for more information on Roger Waters - This is Not A Drill - Live from Prague: In Cinemas on the official site. In cinemas 25 May 2023 brought to you by Trafalgar Releasing.

This will be very exciting! Guess I have to wait and see the prices before I decide whether I should go or not - after going to two shows on this tour, I won't pay anything near concert ticket prices for watching a show through a cinema screen, and I am pretty sure there will be a DVD release before or later anyway. But if the prices are decent, I don't think I will miss out on the opportunity to watch this - it's the second best thing after seeing the show live after all, and I really loved the TINAD show when I saw it live so I won't complain about getting another chance to ALMOST see it live again. As this will certainly be a multicam mix, it will also give the opportunity to see more detail.

And I am sure this will be a nice treat for those who lost the opportunity to go to the show in the first place. I like that it is a live broadcast rather than a finished edited DVD mix - watching this on a big cinema screen will be ALMOST like watching the show live, except that Roger is not in the room of course. It's a nice gift to thousands of people in the world who would love to go to a show but wont get the chance. Of course he can't play in every city in the world, but watching a live cinema broadcast will be the next best thing possible for thousands of people.
    Last edited by ILuvHoney; 04-18-2023, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ILuvHoney View Post
      , and I am pretty sure there will be a DVD release before or later anyway.
      Roger’s Twitter said that the shows in Milan were filmed. So this broadcast is something different.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post

Roger’s Twitter said that the shows in Milan were filmed. So this broadcast is something different.
        Yeah, it's something different because this will be a live broadcast, unedited and unaltered, and the closest thing to watching the show live in the first place. But as I said, I have seen the show live twice, so whether I will see the cinema broadcast or simply wait for the DVD (which probably will be from the Milan shows you mentioned) will depend on the price. But I am definitely interested and I really like this concept. It will be really nice for those who didn't get the chance to see the show live.

BTW, I noticed that he's advertising it as "Pink Floyd's Roger Waters". I think it's a bit sad that he always markets his shows and products this way, considering all the amazing music he has made for himself for the past 40 years. I think he should be more confident in using his name in its own right rather than pointing to Pink Floyd all the time - I would like it if he put more weight to Roger Waters the solo artist rather than Roger Waters the Pink Floyd member. I think he has a name on its own that should be strong enough and familiar to most people already.

Comment

BTW, I noticed that he's advertising it as "Pink Floyd's Roger Waters". I think it's a bit sad that he always markets his shows and products this way, considering all the amazing music he has made for himself for the past 40 years. I think he should be more confident in using his name in its own right rather than pointing to Pink Floyd all the time - I would like it if he put more weight to Roger Waters the solo artist rather than Roger Waters the Pink Floyd member. I think he has a name on its own that should be strong enough and familiar to most people already.
          In all fairness, Dave has been using "The Voice and Guitar of Pink Floyd" for quite a while for his solo work. There were stickers on both On An Island and Rattle That Lock albums.
          Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
          PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
          Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
          Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
          Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Yeah, well honestly they should maybe join Nick as his session musicians for a tour or two. That would be hilarious if Nick held the final say!!
            Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
              Yeah, well honestly they should maybe join Nick as his session musicians for a tour or two. That would be hilarious if Nick held the final say!!
              Nick - "Which one of you wants my blessing for yours or the next PF project?"
              Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
              Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Could this be the special concert with the new arranged darkside?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpurpl View Post
                  Could this be the special concert with the new arranged darkside?
                  No way. Ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Yeah, it's something different because this will be a live broadcast, unedited and unaltered, and the closest thing to watching the show live in the first place.
                    I hope it goes better than the last live Rog broadcast I watched from Berlin, which was plagued with sound problems, dropped vocals and false starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankymole View Post
                      I hope it goes better than the last live Rog broadcast I watched from Berlin, which was plagued with sound problems, dropped vocals and false starts.
                      You mean The Wall Live in Berlin?

I am pretty sure nothing like that is going to happen this time! This Is Not a Drill has been on tour for almost a year, no problems like that have occured at all so far, and it likely won't at the broadcast concert either.

Comment

Saw this announced yesterday and would have gone to see it but I am going to the Brum show 6 days after this goes out :|

Comment

Was not able to see Roger on the last tour in the US. Bought tickets yesterday. Reasonable price.

Comment

wow this is quite interesting!! Sadly I won't be able to see the live broadcast in a cinema, since I will be at that exact show :-)

Comment

• Journey Man
                              Journey Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Give us a wave..!

David's been marketing himself as the "voice and guitar of Pink Floyd" for years now. It even says that on the packaging for the Blu-ray version of his Live at Pompeii movie.
                            Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
                            Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
                            Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
                            Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Working...
                            X