X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    A few questions to those who watched it at a theater:

1. Was is the complete concert?
    2. Was it visuals of the concert itself and not cutting away to other video vignettes as seen on the Us & Them video?
    3. How was video/audio quality? Raw with some minor mistakes or too polished/things overproduced?

I’m hoping we get something that just shows the concert (band + the screen) and nothing else. No annoying cutaways, etc.
    My perspective after seeing the show as a birthday gift from my wife here in Kansas City (at Cinemark Merriam):-

1. Enjoyable but did not have the same "oomph" as the May 26, 2017 tour opener we saw here in KC (ironically also a birthday gift )
    2. Cinemark screwed up the sound somewhat. Almost all "up front" with just a few effects/echo. Def didn't sound like there was any Atmos happening at all. Having said that, all the instruments/singing came through pretty nicely in tone, except the drums, which were Dolby-Deadened to sound like blanketed bongos.
    3. Reasonable price - paid USD $21+ (with tax) and had a very nice view from my seat. Except when 4 people from Land Of The Giants showed up on my left about 3 songs in ... but I didn't let their weirdness/talking/bad breath ruin the show. I'll never understand showing up late to movies or concerts. Ever.
    4. Roger himself looks amazing for an almost-80 year old dude. Yes, he mimed parts (duh) but also was in good form in general. And not too dorky.
    5. Setlist was quite good. No OOTD, no Dogs, Pigs or GGITS (thankfully on that part) but we did get a lot of WYWH, Side 2 of DSOTM and Sheep, complete with a giant inflatable sheep
    6. Only one Trump appearance that I recall. Roger actually showed some restraint, although he went hard at Reagan this time, interestingly...
    7. Still very political but didn't ruin the show (not that it would have for me anyway, I always take it with a grain of salt)
    8. FULL show, including the 15-minute pre-show audience wait and messages from Roger every 5 minutes leading up. And a 20-min intermission in real time.
    9. The Surrogate band were pretty good ... but apologies in advance to Jonathan Wilson, who really shouldn't be singing.
    10. Overall - B+. I would still likely get the resulting BD/vinyl for this tour

Cheers

Comment

Wish You Were Here
      https://my.mail.ru/video/embed/6304299025956867
      ... with us in Prague

The B-side of the Moon
      https://my.mail.ru/video/embed/6304299025956868

Full show
      https://vk.com/video-217657472_456239305
      Last edited by Antony; 05-30-2023, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I got free tickets the other day for Manchester AO on Ticketmaster a couple of days ago. Did anyone else get any free tickets. I don’t think the concert had sold that well tickets I got were £75 each?

Comment

Phred68 I wish I was surprised that Cinemark royally fucked up the audio, but I'm not. They're not known for being super competent.
          Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
          Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
          Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
          Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Working...
          X