No announcement yet.

This is Not a Drill live broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I went to go see Roger in Columbus, during the introductory speech to The Bar, he mentioned that it is not the bar that he told people to fuck off to.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

A few questions to those who watched it at a theater:

1. Was is the complete concert?
      2. Was it visuals of the concert itself and not cutting away to other video vignettes as seen on the Us & Them video?
      3. How was video/audio quality? Raw with some minor mistakes or too polished/things overproduced?

I’m hoping we get something that just shows the concert (band + the screen) and nothing else. No annoying cutaways, etc.

Comment

I've uploaded the broadcast here...

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...129#post328975
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Wow! I wonder how the feed was “intercepted” and recorded/shared by whoever the source is.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
            A few questions to those who watched it at a theater:

1. Was is the complete concert?
            2. Was it visuals of the concert itself and not cutting away to other video vignettes as seen on the Us & Them video?
            3. How was video/audio quality? Raw with some minor mistakes or too polished/things overproduced?

I’m hoping we get something that just shows the concert (band + the screen) and nothing else. No annoying cutaways, etc.
            It was complete with the 20 minute break
            It was the concert and sometimes taking in the overhead visuals, no cuts away there was also a mobile Steadicam camera moving around on stage.
            I found the video to be dark and the audio average no popping as reported in the posted torrent which I have not seen yet.

I will be interested to see the posted torrent to see if it is also dark or if the local theater was turning down the power on the video projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
              The protest flyer was not distributed at the venue I attended.
              Sure, protesting in cinemas makes no sense. Flyers were given to people who came to the live show and were supposed to demonstrate them so everyone in cinemas saw the protest. I just don't think it worked out, because fans listen to the timeless lyrics rather than UN speeches...
              Another "happening" was the strange funny sound probably from the audience. Just after the cheers at the bar before they went on with reprise at the end. Maybe it was made up, but Roger laughed heartily​, than shouted to shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
                It is ironic to me that Roger invites dissenters of his politics to "fuck off to the bar," and then has a song about The Bar where we can all meet for a friendly drink.
                For such a renowned wordsmith you'd think he'd come up with a different metaphor. I don't care where Roger goes as long as HE fucks off!

Comment

Saw this in the theatre last night. It's a great concert film. Unlike Roger's other concert films, this has a lot more footage, and spends more time, on the musicians playing the music. A lot of the visuals on the giant screens were either missed or ignored.

Comment

Update: having spot checked the torrent posted here (Thanks) it was the theater where I attended the show poor video presentation causing the dark picture, the video on the download is fine.

Comment

I have made a mistake and I have repeated the 1st part, tomorrow I will upload the 2nd part. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by corleone71 View Post
                        I have made a mistake and I have repeated the 1st part, tomorrow I will upload the 2nd part. Sorry
                        No problem... things happen. Thank you very much for the upload and we look forward to Part 2!
                        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

I enjoyed it. Watched on delay. Better than Us & Them. Sean Evans getting better at this I think. Mercifully free of photogenic young audience members singing along. Sound was gluggy. Definite artificial crowd cheers in lead up and during interval. I did not know that Roger lost his older brother last year - he was the one driving him around in The Wall concert movie wasn’t he?

Comment

Originally posted by ammoj2 View Post
                            Saw this in the theatre last night. It's a great concert film. Unlike Roger's other concert films, this has a lot more footage, and spends more time, on the musicians playing the music. A lot of the visuals on the giant screens were either missed or ignored.
                            I found as I watched the live show in Denver that I was torn for where to look. Do I focus on the screens or the musicians? In the cinema presentation that choice is made for you. If this gets an official Blu-ray release I would love to see alternate footage options - screen only, band only, blend of both. That would be useful.

During The Wall shows I did not feel the same tension of where to look, but of course there are times where looking at the band is not really an option. Also, in the current show there is alot of text to read, which requires a different kind of focus than visuals without text to read.

Comment

Clearly, the editing makes you miss some parts of the projections and therefore some of the messages. So i've found the broadcast less political in one way as you miss some visuals.

Comment

Sounds like the "Hammer...Hammer" chant in the beginning of In The Flesh is the updated version you can see the band recording on a recent Roger behind-the-scenes Tweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X