Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who of you actively collect Silvers / Liberated Boots???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex View Post
    The only 3 I have bought in the lastdecade or so is 3 Roger Waters ones that I actually found in HMV here in the UK, Pros & Cons of NY, Live Radio (KAOS) & Is it the Fifth? Paid no more that £30 for all 3 so didn't feel ripped off at all, those Japanes silvers cost more than that each, could never justify paying those prices however tempting some titles are.

There was a user over on Y who was posting links to a blog of liberated silvers, can anyone remember the site they used to link? Sure it began with a G but cannot find it in my history/bookmarks.
    https://gullveig.org/

Comment

• Rex
      Rex commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that's it.

Many thanks.
      Rex.

Back in the 1990’s I would buy some but they were usually expensive ($25/CD), which is kind of high when you’re a college student. The best one I picked up was “Plays the Animals”, which was the famous May 9th, 1977 concert. Others were a bit hit or miss, but I was able to cross reference titles on this site (brings back memories!): https://www.pf-roio.de

Sometime I would order them from a mail order place in Florida. Fast forward a few years and I lost all my CDs when my apartment was burglarized. Over time as things moved online to burning CDs and then torrents I was able to get the good stuff back, often in better quality. I would never pay for them now, but they served a purpose back in the 90s.

Comment

I remember three bootlegs which made my head explode: London 1972 & MSG 1977 from the most famous Swingin‘ Pig Records and Oakland 1977 with CWTAE, i just could not believe it.

Most Bootlegs i bought on a fleemarket after listening to it for 20 seconds on a crappy headphone. Most of them sucked, but it was magic to get home and have a winner…

Swingin‘ Pig Records was mostly a sure shot, Great Dane too. Triangle were ugly and mostly bad, the italian WPOCM were mostly bad but somehow the most exciting…

My most iconic and first Boots were:

Oakland 1977
      Amsterdam 1969
      MSG 1977
      Best of tour 72
      Brutish Temptations (Pepperland 70)
      The Embryo (Fillmore 70)
      Libest Spacement Monitor (BBC 1970)
      BBC 1974 (Triangle)
      Black holes in the Sky (London 1974)
      Staying home to watch the rain (Hollywood Bowl 72)
      Ivor Wynne 1975

As i wrote, i had about 600-800 most of them were utter crap. But some were pure magic…

Best
      Nils
      FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
      Youtube
      Apple Podcast
      Amazon Music
      Spotify
      Deezer
      Facebook

Comment

• Mark45
        Mark45 commented
        Editing a comment
        I may start buying the Neutral Zone silvers, as I believe they were the first ones releasing bootleg CDs? Or was the CD version of WorldTour the very first one?

• aybesea
        aybesea commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe that the Neutral Zone CDs were Jon Wizardo. I had a bunch. Realize that they are lifted from LP.

I stopped buying silvers around 20 years ago, when trading CDRs was easier. But I still have them, I guess around 100
      But I purchased three silvers again, but not live recordings:
      Wish you were here - Nimbus Supercut (No label)
      Animals 8-Track 2008 remastered (PEC)
      The Extraction Tapes - Remastered , 4 CDS incl WYWH and Animals from 8 Track and LP

And I am still looking to get a CD or CDR of Wish you were here DJ Special Copy . Any help is welcome 😄

Comment

We are only missing 4 Sigma releases:
        Hakone Aphrodite 1971: Master Recording ‎ Sigma 138 2015 1971-08-07 Pink Floyd
        Aphrodite 1971 ‎ Sigma 117 2014 1971-08-07 Pink Floyd
        The Gunner's Dream ‎ Sigma 094 2013 1984-07-26 Roger Waters
        Brussels Affair Sigma 066 2011 1972-12-05 Pink Floyd

If anyone can help with these, please reach out to me on PM. We can start working through the Amity's next.

Also, if anyone would like to join a small subgroup to specifically go after Bootleg labels, please PM and let me know.

Steve
        Attached Files
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

• TheWalrusWasPaul67
          TheWalrusWasPaul67 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the files for Sigma 066 but they are MP3 only sadly.

tiwaz10 : oh yes, unfortunately their business is profitable and the only thing we can do is to keep sharing the "liberated" to at least make their market a bit smaller.
        I believe that, back in the 90s, they used to make larger pressing runs than nowadays, also because there was no internet and no torrents or hubs.

In fact, I am very positive about sharing the "liberates"... much better to also have them freely available than not!

As for myself, I had happened to buy just a few vinyl boots back in the late 80s and very few silver pressed CD boots back in the 90s.
        Also, I happened to buy a couple silver pressed CDs (and also cassettes!) which were legally sold here in Italy at newspaper shops as partworks... this happened because, back then, there was a law here so that a recording was public domain after only 20 years.
        I still have a few of those silvers which were legally sold here and they also show a genuine SIAE stamp! (the italian equivalent of RIAA or GEMA, etc)
        I mean boots like "Around the Mystic" etc... there was also the 3xCD box "from underground to the moon" from early 90s (i don't have this silver anymore) with the SIAE stamp and it's funny that it does contain DSOTM from the BBC nov 16th 1974 but it's listed as january 1972 most likely to make it look like a recording from more than 20 years before.

A funny silver I still have, again legally sold with the SIAE stamp, is the BBC 1970 recording packaged like a gatefold vinyl LP with the head of a pig which comes out to your face when you open the gatefold... this must be quite rare and precious now... title is "Libest Spacement Monitor"... found a pic of it on the net, to avoid making them myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	af03c03c-e994-11e4-8ee8-1e37b02434ba.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	303309

Comment

Name:	boot.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	303475

some old stuff...
          The truth is that going back to the past... when there weren't so many media... and you could listen to "from underground to the moon" in mp3 at 128kbs... it was a joy...

Comment

Originally posted by tiwaz10 View Post

I used to own that 1971 Montreaux disc and recall being frustrated by the slow speed. Must have been a problem with the tape they used. A pity considering the otherwise great sound quality. Experiences like that turned me off to buying CDs. The bootleggers don’t care about quality control.

Comment

First one I ever saw / bought. Tongue Tied and Twisted, LA 1987:

Name:	Floyd.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	303503
              Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
              Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Speaking of From Underground to the Moon, did anyone else run across the numbered silk boxes sets version? I do not at all recall where I got mine, but I still have it. Still have my tin box version of The Floyds of London, which was the 1971 BBC session. I used to have that Total Eclipse box set too.... although I'm pretty sure mine was the second printing of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tiwaz10 View Post

some old stuff...
                  The truth is that going back to the past... when there weren't so many media... and you could listen to "from underground to the moon" in mp3 at 128kbs... it was a joy...
                  OMG! I had everything you show on that picture…
                  FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                  Youtube
                  Apple Podcast
                  Amazon Music
                  Spotify
                  Deezer
                  Facebook

Comment

Never been the biggest fan of all the boot labels releasing the same thing over and over but I'm a fan of collecting vinyl boots. I'm surprised that Kornyfone/TAKRL hasn't been mentioned yet, I really like the aesthetics of the old 70/80s boots with handmade / handdrawn covers. They released some cool PF, LZ or Rolling Stones stuff, some great stuff pop up on Ebay regurarly even though I don't think I'll ever spend hundreds on 1 item, I don't think it's worth it. But I recently got my hands on a nice old french bootleg, the pre-Water's gate, if anyone ever saw it: http://www.floydboots.com/pages/s13.php
                    The little pirate stamp on the back is quite cool, never seen it before! I should take better photos to include on floydboots since there is another insert.
                    Anyone other fan of Kornyfone here?

Comment

I used to have loads of TMOQ, TAKRL and Wizardo boots... probably 100 or so. Sold them a couple decades ago. For their time, these were lifesavers and the only way to hear this stuff with any real hope of high fidelity. I'm not a fanboy of boots, but some of the labels have "earned their keep" in my book.

Comment

Lot of discussion on those early "labels" in Heylin's book. Need to re-read this someday.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230314_135500.png
Views:	258
Size:	854.6 KB
ID:	303827
                        Attached Files
                        Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                        Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
                        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

That's an interesting read, not entirely accurate but very entertaining. Other fun reads: https://geniusbookpublishing.com/pro...39432020164707 and http://www.floydboots.com/pages/JonWizardo.php

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X