Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who of you actively collect Silvers / Liberated Boots???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
    That's an interesting read, not entirely accurate but very entertaining. Other fun reads: https://geniusbookpublishing.com/pro...39432020164707 and http://www.floydboots.com/pages/JonWizardo.php

Steve
    I can't comment on accuracy but it does have some good oral history on the early bootlegging industry.
    Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

While I don't purchase any, I still usually make use of the Liberated Bootleg forums to get artwork for shows that lack it. Because not having album art annoys me and I have no talent.
      Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
      Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
      Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
      Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Skinny12 & tiwaz10 :

About Sigma List
        The lists are closed so I post it here 😎​

Small errors at Sigma 179 line:
        Date of Zurich '72 is 1972-12-09 (on 11-09 they were shopping in Denmark 😜) and for the link the actual Y! thread number is 49325 (= here)​
        Last edited by Elisto54; 03-20-2023, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Skinny12
          Skinny12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fixed, thank you!

• tiwaz10
          tiwaz10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. You are absolutely right.... I think I have a problem in what is month 11 and month 12! Dyslexic for months?
          Even in my own post I put it wrong !!!
          Thank you again!

José

• Elisto54
          Elisto54 commented
          Editing a comment
          tiwaz10
          I had noted at the time this date problem in your Excel file (very useful for me, thank you 👍) and I had the idea to check if this had been corrected
          I don't have any silver boots but I have about 15 good old vinyls... Those were the days, I listened to Dark Side before its official release! Nostalgia...
          Last edited by Elisto54; 03-20-2023, 06:51 PM.

Originally posted by oldpink View Post

Are you kidding me?!
        I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to part with such a wonderful collector's item, even though there are now long established superior sources for all of the material on it.
        I'm sure you already know this, but for those of you who don't, it was our own Rontoon who was behind the original recordings for this, way back when he was a tape trader.
        I would be thrilled to have that, but I would feel rather guilty taking it from you, especially considering just how damn generous you are.
        Thanks for the props. I think I still have a copy or two packed away somewhere. Fun times.

And anyone who thinks that buying a silver boot, ripping and sharing it makes any dent in sales, is kidding themselves. All 300 Sigma copies will always be bought by the people who collect them, the very folks who are responding to this thread.
        Last edited by rontoon; 03-20-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• tiwaz10
          tiwaz10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe yes, maybe not.... I just know that most of the Sigmas we have shared in the last year are for sale right now.... well... maybe we have prevented someone from buying A copy!!! (1) (I). That is already more than crossing your arms.

And no... the people who share these last Sigmas or other labels agree not to buy duplicates and I have personally offered them to other people or pages so they don't make the expense if they don't want to.

From there... I think there is freedom if someone wants to collect beer cans, old bootlegs, picks or minerals.

And I insist... that Sigma does not pay me !!! I'm not a Bootlegs collector... I'm an official Singles and different masters CDs collector.
          But try to help the community where you could.....and nothing more!

All the best

Jose

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

This?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	772
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	302988

I have it...and can send it to you after all for nostalgic reasons if you want!

Best
        Nils
        Nils, it just arrived in the mail!
        Yes, that's my hand holding the actual copy you sent.
        As I said, all of the material on this gem has long been available from more complete and superior sources, but the obvious care in compiling the sources of what was once rare to very rare material still shows, and the packaging, including a booklet in the center, is the sort of work that only a true Pink Floyd superfan would ever do.
        My wife is also shocked at this simple act of generosity, and I said that Floyd fans tend to be that way.
        Thank you, Nils.
        This was not asked for, but you offered it for no other reason than because you felt like it.
        Attached Files
        "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Comment

• Skinny12
          Skinny12 commented
          Editing a comment
          You‘re welcome! Glad it made it this long journey without damage….!

I also collect bootlegs, on silver cds, although I don't have a big collection!
        Unfortunately they are getting harder and harder to find, at least for me!
        By the way: does anyone know this store? Do they deliver correctly? Are the cds "original" or cd-r?​
        https://thecdvault.com/

Comment

• MrFender
          MrFender commented
          Editing a comment
          Ordered for someone else and they delivered in just over a week or so. Not exactly sure but I'm assuming it was cd-r.

• Llama
          Llama commented
          Editing a comment
          I got my order from them in about a week's time. I did not get a tracking number. It was packaged nicely, I would compare it to most other online retailers I have used. The one title I knew was a cd-r was very high quality. I am guessing that when the prices are mostly 19.99 for most titles... they aren't original. Also, their most recent titles are a tad behind what other retailers are offering (in regards to Sigmas), which would also lead me to believe they aren't original... or the other stores are making quite a profit from them. Lol

Originally posted by goguilorenzo View Post
        By the way: does anyone know this store? Do they deliver correctly? Are the cds "original" or cd-r?​
        I assume it's cd-r copies by the price and the huge range of titles. Have never ordered, but wouldn't based on my gut feeling about that. There's like three older titles I have long been looking for and I am always annoyed when that seller shows up in my search results.

Comment

I imagine being in Malaysia or something would probably make them easier to find. I know that's the case with pirated DVDs.
          Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
          Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
          Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
          Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

I should find out shortly. I just placed an order for a few my normal site was sold out of.

Comment

I've just put a small (ish) order in here... https://thepinkcd.com/product-category/cd/pink-floyd/

Looks like exactly the same web page layout and likely operator for https://thecdvault.com/ ...same prices, layout etc... no expert, but at that price - CD-R surely... will update when/if received​
              One of These Days....

Comment

• TheWalrusWasPaul67
                TheWalrusWasPaul67 commented
                Editing a comment
                I bought a Sigma bootleg from thecdvault before and they are a total scam. The price is cheap for a reason because they are cdr copies of the silver cds with cheaply printed artwork.

getting back on topic...
              found this store, https://www.discjapan.com/, lots of titles and a good price!
              I bought a cd (Ultimate Boston 1977 - Sigma 304), which in the ad said it was a "This is a Pressing CD"... It really is a silver cd, but it seemed too simple to me... It's the first cd from this label that I buy it, so I don't have a reference... The cd came from Singapore.
              Does anyone know if it's "original" from the label (sigma), or if it's a bootleg of a bootleg?​
              (I tried to attach some pictures but I couldn't 😒)

Comment

• Llama
                Llama commented
                Editing a comment
                I have purchased quite a few titles from DJ. Mostly Sigma releases. I recently purchased a Sigma from another online store (Sigma 310), and they both appear to be from the same source. The only difference was that the sticker was already on the case when I received it. It leads me tk believe that they are legit at DJ... or both fakes. Lol

DJ. Is pretty clear about what is a copy and what is pressed. It leads me to believe that they aren't trying to pull the wool over our eyes. They are a pretty cool company that will replace messed up merchandise without question. I had a disc that was messed up and I had the replacement sent out the day I sent them notice of my issue.

• goguilorenzo
                goguilorenzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your impressions! I also liked the service and for me it seems "original"! I just thought the cds came with a booklet, a stronger box... but I liked it!

Now I got it!!😁

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words about my association with Great Dane throughout the 90s. I saw the flood of bootleg CDs about to hit us and the incompetence and lack of care that went into producing them. Great Dane was actually a legit company releasing these CDs (they were legal before the Gatt Treaty) and they even held money aside for the artists. I contacted Rinaldo Tagliabue, the CEO of Great Dane, and offered my services. I would supply the recordings, artwork, photos and write the liner notes and he would put it all together. I didn't get paid anything but he did send me a carton of each one of my releases (plus some other great things from his catalog!) right before he put them up for sale. I gave many away to friends and traded most of the rest at record shows for other bootleg CDs.

When Great Dane stopped producing discs I had the idea to start Harvested Records where fans could freely share our recordings via "weeding" - you would receive a free CD in the mail if you promised to send out 3 more. Then came Yeeshkul! where our work became 100% virtual.

I stopped collecting bootleg CDs years ago, I have zero use for them as well as most physical media these days. Everything is now ripped and on my NAS.
                Last edited by rontoon; 05-03-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Simond
                  Simond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Ron,

I don't do physical media either but had dozens of vinyl records and a few silvers back in the day. Were you involved in Great Dane's Beatles at the Beeb box set? In its day, that was beyond magnificent.

Hi Simon. No, I was just involved with PF releases but I did get a couple of copies of the Beatles box you mentioned. And yes, it was outstanding!

Comment

Working...
                X