No announcement yet.

The last days to come at Y!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a 7 year break from Y! after being a lurker for many years. Spent the last 2 months trying to catch up then just heard the news. I'm so glad I came back in time to fill the holes (well, as many as I could grab) in my collection before it all disappears. Looking forward to what R&D brings in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Phred68 View Post
      This might be a dumb question, but ... how are some of you able to retain "senior" member status? Or is it in your bio .. 😁
      Yeah, I wondered that too. I don't begrudge jimfisheye being gifted that status, and it's all just data in a database that I guess the admin can directly modify. But I did notice that and did my own double-take.

Comment

I don't think there was a single day in these 17 years that I didn't check Yeeshkul, I'm going to miss it a lot

Comment

And the lights just went out over at Y.
          Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
          PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
          Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
          Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
          Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Goodbye my friend... Goodbye...

Comment

It's so hard to read this message after all these years: "Good bye. It's been fun."

Comment

Well..........it´s over 😞
                vBulletin Message

Good bye. It's been fun.

Comment

Damn man. I was never an active user there but I admired from afar... Seeing the official "good bye" with the site no longer loading is surreal to say the least. The end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter. Let's hope it's a good one and thank you to all who contributed over the decades. 👍

Comment

last post by a member who was begging for an Animal live soundboard as an au revoir...

Instead we got this last torrent : Pink Floyd 1974-08-xx Movie Radio Spots (24-96)
                    I did not have the time to listen to this so far.

Comment

Damn that's sad. I'm so glad the spirit of Y! is going to live on here!

Comment

...and it's gone.

Comment

I wonder how long seeds will stay active for? I still show download and upload activity on utorrent from yeeshkul

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                            last post by a member who was begging for an Animal live soundboard as an au revoir...

Instead we got this last torrent : Pink Floyd 1974-08-xx Movie Radio Spots (24-96)
                            I did not have the time to listen to this so far.
                            not begging,just trying my luck as we all do,feels like the bottom of the barrell just fell out
                            Last edited by DARREN; 03-01-2023, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Rupert Pupkin
                              Rupert Pupkin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              (I was abronsius on Y!) - please don't take this as a sarcastic comment or anything like that. Quite the opposite. I was expecting the same thing (yes I still believe in Santa Claus... well...) and was still refreshing the audio torrent page a few minutes ago until "Good bye. It's been fun." appeared.
                              In the previous posts here, I was hoping for something unheard - more studio extraction tapes; some unexpected SBD recordings.
                              After all, Neonknight shared several weeks ago a sonically upgraded version of the "One Side Of The Moon" (Up, Up and Away).

I had been trying to print/save to pdf some of the forum pages. Towards the end, some would save correctly and some did not.

Comment

It's all the way gone. the last torrent I had that someone was still trying to download just stopped. Damn.

Comment

Working...
                              X