Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother Documentary (Inc.. Zabriskie Point and Ron Geesin's The Body)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello gentlemen,

I am the guy who made this video. I have just stumbled upon your forum as I am researching my next video (you've guessed... on Floyd!)

Compared to the Yes and Genesis videos that I've made the view count on this one is very low, which is because (as I suggest in my final line)
    ATM is not to everyone liking and is regularly voted the band's worst.

As some have correctly noted here, my video's soundtrack is a mix together isolated tracks, live cuts, demos and cover versions.
    The Embryo I used is by a group called 'RPWL Plays Pink Floyd', and I tried to re-edit the (boring) San Tropez footage to bring the sequence to life more.
    I can't remember where I found the Summer 68. I used it on an 'alternative 1970 album' mix I made last year, but haven't been able to find it since.
    Check the mix out on my YT channel.

It's difficult with a band like Pink Floyd to bring anything new to the table as so much has been written about them already,
    however, I do find that by digging really hard and researching minute pieces of detail, I have managed to find some gems of info to satisfy the most knowledgeable of fans.

I have made a video on how I actually make my videos, and as you can tell, it is just a hobby I fit around my normal job and family.
    It will give some of you a laugh.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have enjoyed my take on ATM and in September you should have another similar Floyd video,
    but I won't say what it is! But providing the copyright bots don't wipe it, you'll be in for a treat.
    ā€‹

Comment

• YYZ
      YYZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont like this album, but you sure made it interesting.
      I look forward to your next documentary.

• DaveTheRave
      DaveTheRave commented
      Editing a comment
      I skipped the AHM video (not my favorite album) and started to watch *Drama* by Yes instead. Pretty interesting, great job!

• Astronought
      Astronought commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey rael! I also used to call myself rael at one point, and I was just knocked out by your Genesis documentaries. Then I was thrilled all over again when you turned to another of my all-time favourites, Yes, and did a couple of outstanding videos on them. And, most recently of course, you've tackled perhaps my favourite topic in the whole wide world - cash machines!? Ehm, ahm...a bold and controversial move, but I'm already looking forward to your next Floyd project, and whatever else you've got cooking. I just love your style, and whole approach. Please keep up the good work!!!

Hi rael,

Welcome to R&D!
    I watched your video and like others I enjoyed it too. Interesting and good rhythm!
    Iā€™m waiting for the next one with curiosity šŸ™‚

Thank you!ā€‹

Comment

I watched your 'how I make these videos' film rael, which is interesting too and look forward to your next forthcoming Floyd doc. Only one piece of lighthearted feedback on the AHM film; maybe you could have a word with your colourising software to tone down Gilmour's make up as shown in the composite image at 29:15ā€™ šŸ™‚
      Last edited by Journey Man; 07-15-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

tone down Gilmour's make up as shown in the composite image at 29:15ā€™
        Shit, you're right!

Comment

Funny, I watched it last night, commented, and liked your video. I was unaware of the Rollo cartoon, I don't remember ever hearing about it before. I really liked your documentary, though I didn't agree with all your points about the album itself, which of course is subjective. A lot of your points I did agree with. Overall I think it was a very good watch for a super fan like myself.

Some of the most Pink Floyd knowledgeable people in the world are here on this forum, so definitely use it. Also, not sure if you're aware this forum is new, just a few months old really. We all came from a place that shut down after 18 really great years. The archive to that site and all past posts have been preserved, I will PM you a link so you may check it out if you wish.

Keep doing what you're doing man, I love watching documentaries like the one you've made, and on my favorite subject too!
          Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!ā€‹

Comment

Originally posted by raelnyc View Post
            Hello gentlemen,

I am the guy who made this video. I have just stumbled upon your forum as I am researching my next video (you've guessed... on Floyd!)

Compared to the Yes and Genesis videos that I've made the view count on this one is very low, which is because (as I suggest in my final line)

As some have correctly noted here, my video's soundtrack is a mix together isolated tracks, live cuts, demos and cover versions.
            The Embryo I used is by a group called 'RPWL Plays Pink Floyd', and I tried to re-edit the (boring) San Tropez footage to bring the sequence to life more.
            I can't remember where I found the Summer 68. I used it on an 'alternative 1970 album' mix I made last year, but haven't been able to find it since.

It's difficult with a band like Pink Floyd to bring anything new to the table as so much has been written about them already,
            however, I do find that by digging really hard and researching minute pieces of detail, I have managed to find some gems of info to satisfy the most knowledgeable of fans.

I have made a video on how I actually make my videos, and as you can tell, it is just a hobby I fit around my normal job and family.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have enjoyed my take on ATM and in September you should have another similar Floyd video,
            but I won't say what it is! But providing the copyright bots don't wipe it, you'll be in for a treat.
            ā€‹

Nice video - I enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by raelnyc View Post
              Hello gentlemen,

ā€‹

I really enjoyed are you the narrator too a fellow scouser I would say it was professionally made.

Comment

yeah - a great video. It's a really interesting period (for me anyway) as they go from 1969 into 1970. So much stuff gets recycled: that slow funk from Rain in the Country goes all the way through Funky Dung, Echoes, Childhoods End, Any Colour You Like, Have a Cigar and kind of into Pigs (3DO), but I'd not appreciated how much parts of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast fed into Pillow of Winds.

Comment

Fun video. The RWPL Embryo was good enough to fool me. They did a great job on TM&TJ too, but I'd never heard this one.

Comment

Just came up on my YouTube recommendations, very interesting. It was nice to be reminded of The Aventures of Rollo as I was looking at Alan Aldridge's comic strip work in the NEL Science Fiction magazine earlier.

Comment

Really enjoyed this, looking forward to checking out some of the other vids.

Anyone know which programme the Geesin snippet at 17:00 is from ?

Comment

Working...
                      X