Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother Documentary (Inc.. Zabriskie Point and Ron Geesin's The Body)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother Documentary (Inc.. Zabriskie Point and Ron Geesin's The Body)

Watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it - very well done for an 'amateur' documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkXDvf_Fes

interesting... !! thanks for sharing

Comment

That was good. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

The most interesting thing about the band during this period is how much music they worked on and what they released specifically. With all the live tracks, outtakes, soundtrack work, and demos we have now it gives us a large view and appreciation of what the Floyd were doing back then. Whereas at the time if you just had Atom Heart Mother and hadn’t seen them live you wouldn’t have known about Fingal’s Cave, the various Zabriskie point outtakes, Man and the Journey, etc.
        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Agreed. A super productive and ridiculously creative period for the band, containing some of my absolute favorite work.
          Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

An excellent documentary on one of my favourite Floyd albums. Some interesting facts in there that were previously unknown to me. Well done to all involved

Comment

it's interesting if the flute overdubbed Summer '68 is original 1970 outtake ?

https://youtu.be/eOkXDvf_Fes?t=1165

Comment

An excellent and professionally produced and presented documentary with some really great, deep-cut Floyd details and photos. Watched it twice to try and keep up with some of the facts I’d not come across before.

Comment

Many thanks!!!
                  We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Many Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

I’ve just watched his two Yes docs and on the Tales From Topographic Oceans film the end credits imply that bass has been recently overdubbed on one of the songs used; The Ancient. Credit is also given for isolated instruments, which I detect the AHM film also makes clever use of.

The audio that is synced with The Embryo, St. Tropez footage at 7:49’ isn’t actually Pink Floyd, suggesting further strong likelihood that Summer ‘68 is not a 1970 outtake but in fact another more recent overdub.
                      Last edited by Journey Man; 07-12-2023, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• svaerige
                        svaerige commented
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks a lot

Ha! The second I saw this thread, I thought "rael nyc". This guy is an absolute star! Thanks for the heads up, and I highly recommend watching all of his videos. It might be my favourite run of music docs since the "Classic Album" series.

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post

I’ve just watched his two Yes docs and on the Tales From Topographic Oceans film the end credits imply that bass has been recently overdubbed on one of the songs used; The Ancient. Credit is also given for isolated instruments, which I detect the AHM film also makes clever use of.

The audio that is synced with The Embryo, St. Tropez footage at 7:49’ isn’t actually Pink Floyd, suggesting further strong likelihood that Summer ‘68 is not a 1970 outtake but in fact another more recent overdub.
                        That’s one of the first things I noticed with the Embryo cover, there were too many things tonally that didn’t sound like Gilmour guitar wise that made it apparent that it was a cover.
                        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Yes, that's a cover band doing Embryo, and I'm pretty sure that's an "orchestral tribute"-type version of Summer 68 featuring the flute. The Embryo cover immediately grates on the ears, but for the most part, "rael" does an outstanding job with this kind of trickery.

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

I think that is a soprano sax, not a flute. Not that it changes the outcome much!

Comment

Working...
                            X