Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone go yesterday?

Comment

Brain Damage has a review of the premier screening...
      https://www.brain-damage.co.uk/movie...film-prem.html

Comment

I went to see this film in Denver Colorado last Monday. I thought it was excellent! The main appeal was the number of people they interviewed who had direct contact with Syd. It seemed light on conjecture and heavy on fact, which I really appreciated. The music was of course excellent - very little if any I had not heard before, although some was mixed effectively in surround which does not appear elsewhere in a surround format. Some of the solo stuff felt oddly naked in a public presentation. I am not sure I can adequately describe what I felt, but it was almost like I wanted to protect the music from judgement in a broader arena....

If there is any downside it is that it all seems to go by so fast. There were bits I look forward to scrutinizing once I am able to stop and start the film at my leisure. There were a few clips I did not immediately recognize, but I am not sure if they were previously uncirculated.

My HUGE kudos go out to the production team for securing in-depth interviews from many of the participants who have since passed away. If I have one wish for the (presumed) home release, it would be for the inclusion of complete unedited interviews as bonus features so we could hear the full range of remembrances that were captured in the production process. It is clear to me that there was nothing but affection for Syd/Roger throughout the film. I liked that.

I have no problem giving this film my full enthusiastic recommendation!

Comment

Saw a local screening today and found it very moving. I was expecting to find faults and nitpick but it was done with class.

I'm trying to recall the things that were "new to me," before I forget - and a few photos spring to mind. I'm wondering if these are in fact "new" or maybe I just haven't seen them. Bear in mind my memory is generally faulty and the fast pace of the movie makes it hard to recall.

Real or an illusion....?

1) another pic of the the 5-man Floyd photo shoot. I believe Syd was making a silly face - counter to the vacant/moody shots I'm familiar with. Really want to see this pic again to verify if Syd was hamming it up as the impression I recall. This may be a known photo but I only recall 2 or 3 with Syd/Dave and the 100-yard stare.

2) a full color shot of the guys on a bench. Syd sitting bolt-upright with a cigarette and looking very fried in velvet. Looked to be either The American tour or right after.

3) some new shots from the 1975 WYWH sessions. Seems like there are shots of him in different shirts...(?) Did I see him in a blue shirt?

Comment

Working...
          X