X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You Got It Yet - The Story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd

Trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALaj...nnel=PinkFloyd

I hope it will be released on dvd, bluray...

Comment

… with the backstage sequence filmes in the backstage of UFO as present on the excellent doc « Get all that, Ant ? », 👍🏻

Comment

Looks amazing hope this gets a wide release

Comment

WOW....Just WOW!!!

Comment

I hope this is good. The soundbites sound new, but similar to what we've already heard - and the video footage looks similar too. Hoping for the best.

Comment

It's such a shame this will not be available to view at a cinema in Cambridge. The world has truly gone mad.

Comment

• Hallucalation
                Hallucalation commented
                Editing a comment
                Indeed! Really odd... It's like doing film about Beatles and not showing it in Liverpool.

Any word on a home/streaming release on it?

Comment

Looks very interesting, and some of the YouTube comments are interesting as well. Syd is still something of a polarizing figure among fans.

I believe Floyd would not have gotten off the ground without his creative spirit, but neither could it have continued with his erratic behavior toward the end. This is obvious by the way things played out.

With that said, Rick Wright's role in the band seems to be highly under-rated based on years of reading about the band. It was his ethereal sounds that carried the early Floyd when no one else had much in the way of musical chops. This is not a dig on the others - I love all the early Floyd - but its real strength is sonic creativity rather than musical skill. That and a very special brand of songwriting - again creativity being the key.

Roger's driving ambition was also critical to the mix, and personally I love Nick's drumming. So in the end it was a fortuitous combination of elements and very lucky timing with the flowering of Swinging London that brought this band to success.

I very much look forward to seeing the finished film. With only a UK release promised we in the rest of the world may need help being able to see it.

Comment

I'm not sure if this was stated publicly, but I saw on facebook via a mutual friend of the director that this is getting a US / Canada release in late June. No idea what that entails.

EDIT: Abramorama is handling North American distribution. https://www.abramorama.com/
                  Last edited by jmr; 04-28-2023, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I subbed to get a notice when they announce it for the USA

Comment

Has anyone worked out if, in the UK, it’s *only* 15th May it’s being shown in Everyman Cinemas, as that’s what it appears …
                      Last edited by PFC67; 05-06-2023, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC67 View Post
                        Has anyone worked out if, in the UK, it’s *only* 15th May it’s being shown in Everyman Cinemas, as that’s what it appears …
                        Seems like it. Using the Quick Book tool the only date showing for screening currently is 15th May.

Pink Floyd Collectors have posted a video of Roddy Bogawa's (co-director) introduction of the premier screening.
                        https://youtu.be/nnWvgqyjMfg

Comment

Does this include the Anthony Stern footage of Cambridge 1968 & Izzy the Eskimo?

Comment

• Hallucalation
                            Hallucalation commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Anthony Stern footage?

Iggy, not Izzy

• Rex
                            Rex commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Iggy, Izzy... Same thing :p

Anthony Stern (San Francisco 1968) friend of Syd & assistant to Peter Whitehead (Tonite Lets All Make Love in London) filmed Iggy around London, I have seen a clip set to 'See Emily Play' and it looks really good, he filmed a few bits around Cambridge at the time too. He released the footage years ago http://www.sydbarrett.com/cambridge-...0-years-death/ but apart from 'Chapter 24' on TEY it still seems to be unavailable?
                            Last edited by Rex; 05-09-2023, 11:44 AM.

amazing!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X