Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rick had toured Broken China

Hi folks

On my way to work this morning I started thinking what if Rick had taken Broken China on the road.
    He is the only Floyd member who never went out on his own playing concerts.
    I read somewhere that he had considered going on a solo tour with his last album, but sadly that never happened.
    What would the setlist have been if he had gone on the road?

My bet is he would have played the whole of Broken China and maybe a few from Wet Dream, and then a selection of Pink Floyd songs.

So something like this:

First Set:
    ​​​​​​- Broken China album

Second.set:
    - Cluster One
    - Us and Them
    - Wearing the Inside Out
    - Against the Odds
    - Pinks Song
    - Holiday
    - Stay
    - Summer 68
    - The Great Gig in the Sky

Encore
    - A Saucerful of Secrets

I guess he would have invited Snowy White to play and probably David as a guest for a couple of songs.

​​​​​​I Realise this is pure speculation, but in a parallel universe this might have happened 😃

He 100% would have kept touring with David in 2015 and 2024, and become a core member in Nick's band probably permanently. I don't think he was ever going to tour Broken China. He had plans to reside in France to record his next album but cancer caught up with him and he was never able to do it. So realistically, Rick's first solo tour (if he ever had interest in touring by himself with musicians he liked) would most likely be most of his new album, if not entirely; select tracks from Broken China; maybe two or three from Wet Dream; and some early Floyd classics as well as Wearing The Inside Out.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Yeah I'm also sure he would have stayed in David's band. Not so sure about him joining the Saucers, but he would probably have made a guest appearance.
      I can't remember where I read it, but pretty sure it was mentioned that he had given thought to going on a solo tour after the release of Broken China.
      I would really love to hear some of the music he was working on up until his untimely passing, supposedly there's a really beautiful instrumental piece. Maybe some day we get to hear it.

Comment

It would have been nice to hear Mediterranean C with Gilmour on guitar, Just for whatever

Comment

Working...
        X