Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    I got both clips in the highest possible quality. Will post them soon as part of my YouTube collection.
    Great to hear that, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by starship View Post
      Coming soon... :-)
      It's out ! Enjoy !
      I did it with all the love I could for people who weren't able to come.

Comment

Originally posted by starship View Post

It's out ! Enjoy !
        I did it with all the love I could for people who weren't able to come.
        Fantastic work! I haven't listened to all of them yet, but I will. Sampled the one I attended, and it sounds very good.

Comment

Do we have a consensus on which night was the best (music and quality wise)?

I listened to the full recording of the 11th (the one I attended) and it sounds fantastic! BTW does anyone know what happened to his guitar after 5AM that night? Was it already badly tuned for the first song or what was it?

Comment

I went to the last night at the RAH. What a great show! Loved it, including the songs that I didn't know, and the lighting was spectacular. It was the first time I'd seen him since Earls Court in 1980 and, in a way, it felt like I was saying goodbye to him. My only gripe was the seating at the RAH. We'd paid £250+ for good seating on the floor. This is the photo I took when we arrived and I said to my friend that we'd have a great view of the show.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RAH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.0 KB ID:	377855
            Or so I thought! Look at the seats. They aren't staggered Left and Right as you'd see in most venues or cinemas, they are in straight lines. They were also on the flat and not banked so you couldn't see over the person in front of you. When the show started, there was a largish man sitting about 6 rows in front of me. This meant that the man sitting behind him had to lean to his left to see round him. The man sitting behind HIM had to lean even further to the left to see around both of them. And so on, back to me, by which time my views to the stage were blocked both to the left and to the right. For the first 20 minutes, I barely caught glimpses of David on stage and that was only by (almost) resting my head on the shoulder of the guy sitting to my left. At no time did I get a view of the whole band. Things improved when they started projecting the band onto the overhead screen but it was so frustrating, having paid so much, to be able to see so little. Very poor on the part of the RAH.

That aside, magnificent show! I hope someone captured it on video.​
            Last edited by Simond; Yesterday, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• johnjohnstone
              johnjohnstone commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree totally with your comments about the RAH arena seating. I was in row 11 for DG's 29/05/2006 gig and had real problems seeing him from there (my wife is smaller than me and had even greater problems). If it wasn't for the fact that a block of seats in row 4 were not filled and we managed to bag a couple at half time, we would not have enjoyed the concert nearly as much. In this day and age of horrendously-priced tickets, you'd think that a prestigious venue like the RAH would make an attempt to resolve this issue. Really enjoyed Tuesday's show though!

Originally posted by KubaWinter View Post

I listened to the full recording of the 11th (the one I attended) and it sounds fantastic! BTW does anyone know what happened to his guitar after 5AM that night? Was it already badly tuned for the first song or what was it?
            Pretty sure it just wasn't tuned correctly. His little shrug and joke to the crowd about swapping the guitar out for one that was in tune was quite endearing, I thought. Even the master himself isn't immune to the pitfalls of a live performance. The crowd response was also very supportive. These things genuinely can and do happen to the best of us, it seems!

Comment

That was definitely a “bonus” and a testament that it’s really a live show. I wondered what he’s going to do with a Gibson, but the first notes showed that if he continues he’ll need to be very creative

I saw 2 shows this times and on both occasions he had a problem with the strat 😂

Comment

Guessing he adds "What Do You Want From Me?" near the start of the show for the American audience.

Also, guessing that Ice T may be a special guest on Comfortably Numb for 1 of the North American shows, perhaps the Intuit Dome show?

Comment

Originally posted by KubaWinter View Post

Being one of the lucky few who went to all 6 shows, I personally rank them (from memory, haven't listened back to my recordings yet):

1. 11th (some great character to it and fantastic performances overall)
                  2. 9th
                  3. 14th
                  4. 15th
                  5. 10th
                  6. 12th (he struggled to sing and play here I thought)

It's hard to rank inbetween the best and worst, as I thought they were all pretty solid, but that's what I currently have. I'm including my experience of the concert itself there as well, as although the 10th's performance was better than the 9th's, it was otherworldly seeing the first one from the right centre of the 8th row in the arena. Most likely my best recording out of the 6 as well, the sound was jaw-dropping.

Comment

I can only speak for the 10th, but it was pretty magical from where I was sat - there were times when it felt like it was just myself and Gilmour in the auditorium!

Comment

I managed to get hold of tickets for 4 nights in the end - 2x Choir East and 2x Choir West - after a total failure to score any from the initial run in May.

I can honestly say that they were fabulous and unique, brilliant view of the band and whole venue - didn’t feel “cheap” or second rate despite being much cheaper than standard pricing.

Yes there was no screen but after a few songs you didn’t miss it - would I have chosen Choir from the outset - absolutely not given the “unknown” angle but the memories and chatting to fellow attendees around me - they all scored last minute tickets and there were no obstruction / “tall people” issues as the seats are tightly banked up.

All in all I would recommend Choir if this is an option for anyone who may be hesitant for when he (surely?) returns for a run in 2025
                      Last edited by PFC67; Yesterday, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC67 View Post
                        I managed to get hold of tickets for 4 nights in the end - 2x Choir East and 2x Choir West - after a total failure to score any from the initial run in May.

I can honestly say that they were fabulous and unique, brilliant view of the band and whole venue - didn’t feel “cheap” or second rate despite being much cheaper than standard pricing.

Yes there was no screen but after a few songs you didn’t miss it - would I have chosen Choir from tbt outset - absolutely not given the “unknown” angle but the memories and chatting to fellow attendees around me - they all scored last minute tickets and there were no obstruction / “tall people” issues as the seats are tightly banked up.

All in all I would recommend Choir if this is an option for anyone who may be hesitant for when he (surely?) returns for a run in 2025
                        good info too know and a few vids i saw shot from up there, a unique view

Comment

Working...
                        X