Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

“Dogs of War” being described as amazing certainly wasn’t on my bingo card for today!

I actually prefer the original AMLOR mix over the remix. Adding Nick and Rick was a neat idea, and I’m glad they did it, but the cheesy grandeur of the original mix is the soul of the album for me. Trying to make it a truer Floyd album almost paradoxically highlights how unFloydish the music is.
    Dogs of War is as hated as Obscured By Clouds is left out of people's rankings. So many people leave that album out of their rankings, or put it at the bottom.

Which makes no god damn sense. It has everything your typical Floyd fan should enjoy. Point being, Dogs Of War is super overhated in my opinion.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• Grilo do Demo
      Grilo do Demo commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually like Obscured a lot. I wouldn't rank it too high, probably middle of the list, but since it's a less demanding listen than other albums, I think it's the one I listen to most often!

I like DoW and the Venice live version is super.

Comment

I have been going to the RAH 3 times in the past for OAI and the 2 RTL tours. I have managed to get a ticket for the first date at RAH a restricted seat right next to the stage in a chior seat it looks like its going to be the best seat I have had there.

Comment

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	DG Rome 2024.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	375849
        The Strap Broke Off During Comfortably Numb ... 😯

Comment

say what you want

but I don't understand at all why He started the show with three opening compositions from three different albums - 5 AM Black Cat and Speak To Me

Castellorizon is clearly missing

and why not play at start the first 17 compositions from The Endless River - that would be appropriate

and in general - I found the show very boring

and rather chamber - clearly not for a large audience​

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
            say what you want

but I don't understand at all why He started the show with three opening compositions from three different albums - 5 AM Black Cat and Speak To Me

Castellorizon is clearly missing

and why not play at start the first 17 compositions from The Endless River - that would be appropriate

and in general - I found the show very boring

and rather chamber - clearly not for a large audience​
            Haha, I hadn't considered that Speak to me is another opener. I guess he really like openers! I don't mind, but I agree it's a bit strange.

On the "boring" comment, I completely disagree! I think it's fantastic. Sure, there are a few (but just a few!) tracks I could have done without, but he's covered a lot of my absolute favorites, and removed some of the tracks I would have called boring from the last tours. I love getting a few more variants of my favorite solos. (the second solo of Comfortably Numb from the 29th was very different, for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              On the "boring" comment, I completely disagree!
              nevertheless

even Roger's totally reduxed This Is Not A Drill In The Round - seemed much more colorful and dynamic to me

of course it's stupid to demand something similar to Taylor Swift from an 80-year-old

but after this video of 80-year-old Eagles - the new Gilmour And Co show looks poor to say the least​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJrVcrihXc

Comment

• svaerige
                svaerige commented
                Editing a comment
                certainly of course

;-P

• Simond
                Simond commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that the Eagles tour where they lip-synced? Hopefully, Dave will sing his own vocals at RAH, no matter how his voice sounds

• stonytokes
                stonytokes commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it's been pretty much confirmed that Eagles are syncing to tape this time around.

https://youtu.be/jJ6DbH-X-L0?si=hFZw_2WSejV0YPME

Hello!
              In the interviews and reports about the album's release, many things are mentioned, but the artwork has never been specifically mentioned.
              I still don't understand it. I don't understand what the guy with his arms open means... if it really has something to do with the theme of the lyrics or what the reason for putting Kilminster is... I don't know...
              I've seen some live illustrations by a different artist that I find more attractive... and that I would have preferred for the album... but well that's another topic...
              Does anyone have any explanation of the cover?
              Thanks​

Comment

Originally posted by voices2010 View Post
                Hello!
                In the interviews and reports about the album's release, many things are mentioned, but the artwork has never been specifically mentioned.
                I still don't understand it. I don't understand what the guy with his arms open means... if it really has something to do with the theme of the lyrics or what the reason for putting Kilminster is... I don't know...
                I've seen some live illustrations by a different artist that I find more attractive... and that I would have preferred for the album... but well that's another topic...
                Does anyone have any explanation of the cover?
                Thanks​
                My guess is it's inspired by the lyrics of Scattered:
                A man stands in a river
                Pushes against the stream
                Time is a tide that disobeys
                It disobeys me
                Roger Waters
                - Las Vegas MGM Grand 2010-11-26
                - Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena 2017-06-16
                - Salt Lake City Vivint Arena 2022-09-08

David Gilmour
                - Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl 2016-03-25

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets
                - Denver Paramount Theatre 2022-10-20​

Comment

It seems that the concert this evening will be filmed ! (And certainly the days after).

Comment

isn't this the first SBD excerpt ?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XfT3HYYXCzI

it is look very possible

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
                      isn't this the first SBD excerpt ?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XfT3HYYXCzI

it is look very possible
                      Second. Dark And Velvet Nights from one of the first shows was partially shared at some point as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
                        Second. Dark And Velvet Nights from one of the first shows was partially shared at some point as well.
                        I thought it was just a studio version overdubbed on an amateur video

Isn't it ?​

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DG 2024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.9 KB ID:	376565The Strap from Jimi Hendrix gave by Polly ...
                          Last edited by PF4E; 10-06-2024, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PF4E View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DG 2024.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	376565The Strap from Jimi Hendrix gave by Polly ... 🙄
                            It was repaired the next day. Why the eye roll?

Comment

Working...
                            X