No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A group of about 6 friends of mine are going down from Portland to the Hollywood Bowl (after I get back from the Royal Albert Hall) for the October 30th and 31st shows. We're dressing up for Halloween! I get to see 5 shows total on this tour. October is going to be an epic month.
    Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

I had never heard of Viagogo until someone mentioned them here quite early on when RAH tickets went on sale.

They're mentioned in this none-too-flattering article about ticket touts and 'inflated' prices, and lengthy prison sentences.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/ar...ga-fans-jailed

There are an abundance of RAH tickets on their site, with the 'cheapest' (as of 20/05) coming in at a whopping £1382

Given the high volume of tickets available for the RAH on their site - isn't it kind of obvious that ticket touts have bought up a huge amount of these tickets and are now doing exactly what those people went to prison for?

RAH official box office:

Viagogo today (and bear in mind the touts will be listing them periodically, not in one big lump)

That's over 100+ tickets at ticket tout prices today. Remember, a quarter of the tickets at the RAH are also "privately" held and can also be legally sold for hugely inflated prices with zero repercussions. Those private ticket holders were even selling 'charity' tickets for immense profits.

Viagogo also has the Circo Massimo as holding 80,000 spectators - which we know is not true for these gigs - with the scaled down seated area being a fraction of its capacity.

It seems like people probably know all this but just tolerate it and, for those rich enough, they bite the bullet and lay down vast sums of money for tickets to concerts that are 100 times beyond the rate of real world inflation.

Yes, those people are now going to prison - but they're clearly not the only ones playing this game.
      Last edited by DiegoFermoli; 05-20-2024, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I wonder what the vibe will be at MSG on November 5th when everyone’s phone lights up with the results of the presidential election. Will a song be interrupted by loud cheering or booing? David isn’t political like Roger. Maybe he won’t say anything.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
          I wonder what the vibe will be at MSG on November 5th when everyone’s phone lights up with the results of the presidential election. Will a song be interrupted by loud cheering or booing? David isn’t political like Roger. Maybe he won’t say anything.🤔
          The results won't be known until a few days later. And no, I don't think that Gilmour will mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
            The energy around the actual city itself may get hectic and you should definitely keep aware of your surroundings; try not to get into crowds; focus on where you're going and just keep walking.

This can probably be applied to NYC in general, but when Election season is around, people lose their minds. BE CAREFUL!

As for the concert itself, I'm sure inside the venue will be just like any other concert. I 100% doubt David will do anything too different from the other shows.
            - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
              This can probably be applied to NYC in general, but when Election season is around, people lose their minds. BE CAREFUL!
              Definitely. For the second presidential election in a row my kid’s school district is canceling school on Election Day. Maybe they’re worried some weird stuff will go down.

Regardless I don’t have tickets yet, will wait awhile to figure it all out as the dates get closer.

Comment

A flag for possibly nearer the time, I'm seeking an Albert Hall Saturday night ticket but am not prepared to pay over the odds if anybody here is going and finds that their friend / partner can no longer make it. I had no luck at all with RAH and Ticketmaster, etc (very frustrating experience). I will try my best to be interesting / good company Floyd-wise as part of showing my gratitude if anyone reading this can oblige.

Comment

Another US Gilmour show..

Due to overwhelming demand, a 4th David Gilmour show has been added at Intuit Dome in Los Angeles on Friday, October 25th. This shows is part of a series of North American shows in support of his brand-new album Luck and Strange (out September 6th). As an existing subscriber you will automatically receive a ticket pre-sale code. Pre-sale codes will be sent out Tuesday, June 11th, 8pm PT. So keep an eye on your inbox!
                  The pre-sale will launch Wednesday, June 12th, at 10am PT.
                  Tickets will then go on general sale at 10am local on Friday, June 14th from Ticketmaster.​

Comment

They have been using a common pre-sale code, here is the one they sent me.

Here's your pre-sale code for David Gilmour's show at the Intuit Dome in Los Angeles: DGLA24LAS

The pre-sale will launch Wednesday, June 12th, at 10am PT. Tickets will then go on general sale at 10am PT on Friday, June 14th from Ticketmaster

Comment

I've heard so many negative reviews of the Hollywood Bowl as a concert venue that I'd decided against going to a show. But with the Intuit Dome date, I'm looking at making the trip and trying to film the show in high resolution. I just did a Neil Young show and it turned out very well. Trying to figure out sightlines from the seating chart and online footage of the almost-completed venue, but most of it is shot from the upper level and it's hard to tell how it's going to work. It's hard to decide between closer and right off the front edge of the stage (so not a great view of the video screen), or a better angle but higher up. I decided to go with a closer seat from the side with nobody in front of me, and then crowd source footage of longer shots. Here's hoping everything goes off without a hitch.

Comment

• NuffM
                        NuffM commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The bowl is great, man

• MGoBlue1989
                        MGoBlue1989 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I second that. I absolutely loved my trip there and felt it was right up there with Red Rocks.

Originally posted by PhxHorn View Post
                      I've heard so many negative reviews of the Hollywood Bowl as a concert venue that I'd decided against going to a show. But with the Intuit Dome date, I'm looking at making the trip and trying to film the show in high resolution. I just did a Neil Young show and it turned out very well. Trying to figure out sightlines from the seating chart and online footage of the almost-completed venue, but most of it is shot from the upper level and it's hard to tell how it's going to work. It's hard to decide between closer and right off the front edge of the stage (so not a great view of the video screen), or a better angle but higher up. I decided to go with a closer seat from the side with nobody in front of me, and then crowd source footage of longer shots. Here's hoping everything goes off without a hitch.
                      Weird! Always heard the Bowl was the spot! .. i’ll let you know in October.

Comment

Unfortunately, i have to sell my ticket for the Wednesday MSG show. Great sightlines in Section 107. Looking to sell at cost or best offer. Please PM me if interested.

Comment

The new single "Between Two points"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-oIO2FUPig

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                            The new single "Between Two points"
                            and radio edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VljW...Rr48x0&index=2

Comment

The deluxe sets are now up for preorder on Amazon.

​​​​​​….$250 for 2x LP and a BluRay, $220 for 2x CD and a BluRay.

Comment

Working...
                              X