No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the presale codes are not unique. Ticketmaster now uses a dynamic pricing algo which will make all decent seats "VIP experiences" for the first day (week?) of sales. Disappointing but if you're willing to pay up, you will have your choice of plenty of great seats I guess. The question for me becomes do you go all in like this may be the last time I will be able to see this god, or does sanity prevail with the knowing that he is more than likely going to launch a real tour in 2025. That this mini tour is just to test the waters and to get the album out with a decent promotion.

Comment

Ok, I got tickets for the opening night in Rome: "Platea, Fila 16"! Does anyone have a seating chart?

Also, they don't seem to be selling out as quickly as London.

Comment

I have my ticket for the first night in London. I hope the set list is different to last time. The Nile song, childhoods end, green is the colour. Some of his first two albums even.

Comment

Who's at RAH on October 12?

Comment

Originally posted by y!me

That isn't sane. He's not testing the waters, or Roger Waters. He's old now. He doesn't really like touring that much anyhow. This is it. But it isn't sane to mortgage your house to see a 'god' either.
            Guess we will see who is right. He did the exact same thing in 2015. Announced a short tour, of classic roman theatres etc, then when those were sold all of the sudden there was a 4 city US/Canada leg, then there was south america and europe again the next year. Look at how he has announced this tour piecemeal so far, he (or his management) know how to drive demand. He will be back next year, I'd bet on it. Also in interviews he has always said he gets off playing live, so to say he doesn't like touring isn't true. I'm sure he doesn't care for the details and promotion, but he certainly loves playing live.

Comment

Originally posted by Ello_Guvner View Post

To that I want to point out that on his website, he explicitly says that these are the only NA cities instead of dates outlined on the UK and Italy shows. I reckon he will add 1 more show to each on there.

Why couldn’t these dates be announced all at once?
              And just like that, a 3rd date confirmed for MSG on ticketmaster after seeing the amount of traffic each pre-sale has (I’ve been seeing 60k for some people in the queue)! Wednesday 6th. The same will definitely happen for HB.

Comment

• rontoon
                rontoon commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw that, hopped in and scored great seats for $400 each.

Got me some for the first show in Rome. So Tour opening night. Damn I am hyped. Still hella expensive tho...

Comment

I got dead center section B row 9 for the nov6th show, section C row 14 for nov5th. Seats keep popping up for Monday, but not good enough for the money imo.

Comment

November 5th, sec 105. See y'all there!
                  - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

November 6th, Sec 107, Row 20.
                    Cheers!

Kept checking back with Ticketmaster and I found another set of tickets, this one for Tuesday night at MSG. November 6th, Sec 107, Row 16. Almost the same seats for the same price.

With these 2 shows I'm done.​
                    Last edited by rontoon; 05-15-2024, 08:03 PM.

Comment

As with Ron, you have to be diligent. Just got Monday, sect 117 row 15 for $400ea. Crazy that I think they're cheap. Anyway happy to see the man 3 more times. Anyone know of any hotels walking distance with balconies/or terrace. Gonna need to smoke some of that NY legal weed to forget about how much I paid for the tickets

Comment

Guys! Today I received a code to buy tickets to the United States in advance! I think that when I registered on the site, I should have gone to .co.uk and not .com... I thought there was no difference...
                        Anyway, as I'm not going to the shows in the United States, I can pass on the code to anyone who wants it! I don't know if it's possible to make the purchase this way, but if anyone wants to try, I'm available!​

Comment

• rontoon
                          rontoon commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The code is the same for everyone.

• goguilorenzo
                          goguilorenzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ok.. Thanks Ron!

Noticed a subtle change on the front page of Davidgilmour.com which now states "US shows announced" and also "European Shows Announced", but at the bottom it only states that these will be the only European dates. Leaving the door open for more North American shows perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                          Noticed a subtle change on the front page of Davidgilmour.com which now states "US shows announced" and also "European Shows Announced", but at the bottom it only states that these will be the only European dates. Leaving the door open for more North American shows perhaps?
                          He added a third New York show today, so your instincts are correct!

Sadly, TM has "Platinum" (dynamic) pricing in place so all seats in the front area of the Hollywood Bowl are currently $750/$925 after fees. too rich for my blood. Hopefully they will normalize at some future time.

Comment

Originally posted by b_squared View Post
                            Ok, I got tickets for the opening night in Rome: "Platea, Fila 16"! Does anyone have a seating chart?

Also, they don't seem to be selling out as quickly as London.
                            How did you manage to buy it? I'm trying, but when I confirm, I don't receive the SMS to confirm? Was it like that with you too?

Comment

Working...
                            X