Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
    With just 4 US dates I would not be surprised if they ad dates to LA and or NY.
    They will.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

excited for the recordings, hope he plays something he's never played before live

that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by GiveBirthToSmile View Post
        excited for the recordings, hope he plays something he's never played before live
        I would LOVE to hear him do Childhoods End, even a reworked version to match his current vocal abilities would suit me - from the sounds of it the song’s theme also works quite well with Luck and Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post

I would LOVE to hear him do Childhoods End, even a reworked version to match his current vocal abilities would suit me - from the sounds of it the song’s theme also works quite well with Luck and Strange
          My friends and I are all strongly hoping for this. I think it's a pretty low chance because the band just DO NOT care for OBC (except Wots The Deal) but man, if he does it.... It would put the biggest smile on my face.

Comment

Can't wait for October 12th 😁

Comment

And the fact that the song is written solely by Gilmour must raise its chance of at least being a contender as he must surely be looking for some material that he hasn’t previously performed on his solo tours.

Comment

-------------------
                Last edited by mark2114; 05-14-2024, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
                  The one we’ve done in the past is 1967’s ‘Astronomy.’ That’s always entertaining and fun and gets people off to a happy start.
                  Gotta get the audience loosened up to plod through the next two and a half hours of adult contemporary elevator stuff

Really though, while the show looks like it’s going to be catered towards the folks with… very different tastes from my own, I’m happy for those going who have a greater appreciation for the ‘80s-present material than I could muster up. Should be an amazing show.

Now, those who spent gazillions on tickets with no idea that he’s avoiding the “golden age” stuff… something something off to the bar…
                  Last edited by Emdy; 05-14-2024, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Is this the thread we really want? 🤔

Comment

These topics have already been discussed in the other thread for this tour. Why make a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
                        Is this the thread we really want? 🤔
                        Certainly plenty of discussion and speculation to be had over it, until the inevitable tribal feuding breaks out.

I’d like to believe the decision to avoid the ‘70s stuff comes from (predominantly) a creative place rather than pettiness towards the other guy. There’s a huge chunk of material outside of that period that hasn’t been given the spotlight in decades, if ever.

Crossing my fingers for some live Jokers Wild stuff to pop up on here.

Comment

Is it try to close the topic, including posts with spoken and unspoken taboos in the topic? ^^^

These and similar tricks have been known for a long time. Such actions smell very bad.​
                          Last edited by YASHA; 05-14-2024, 07:49 PM.
                          We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Don’t really know what you mean, we only merged the two threads.

Best
                            Nils
                            FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                            Youtube
                            Apple Podcast
                            Amazon Music
                            Spotify
                            Deezer
                            Facebook

Comment

What I am really wondering is... Will there be any special guests? And if so, who would that be? Waiting for the surprise. If any.

Comment

It’s been confirmed! 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 October!

EDIT: And dates in Rome, Los Angeles and New York
                                Would like to propose to change the title of this thread (e.g. 'Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour')

Comment

• DesertRat
                                  DesertRat commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I tried to edit but didn’t seem to be able to change the title, perhaps somebody could assist?

• Skinny12
                                  Skinny12 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Fixed!
                                  Best Nils
                              Working...
                              X