No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have a reasonable Job, and go to a lot of gigs. But David has totally priced me out of going to any of these shows. 4x the price of seeing the saucers in the same venue. I may well go for a couple nights in London to meet up with the great and the good in the pub, But as for going to the show itself. highly unlikely. Nice one David...

Comment

Well, I got tickets for the final night but what a pressurised process!! I logged in a few minutes before they went on sale. Ticketmaster wouldn't accept my existing password. Time wasted trying to sort that out. I entered my personalised code and was put in a queue with 1200 people ahead of me. Fifteen minutes later I was in. No seating plan, just "what level of seating did I want" (the best) and "how many" (2). It then offered me 2 tickets (no idea where in the RAH) and the clock was ticking to complete the transaction within a couple of minutes. I wasn't even sure which night it was offering me! Anyway, all's well that ends well. Two tickets for the 15th (the night we wanted) but goodness knows where in the RAH. It says 'Arena D' but the RAH seating plan online refers to 'Stalls' with no mention of 'Arena'.

Comment

• DesertRat
        DesertRat commented
        Editing a comment
        Very similar experience to me, chaos! But I’m nonetheless thrilled to be going

Originally posted by sb33334 View Post
      I saw the 2006 and 2016 tours. I will probably pass. Although I can afford tickets, luckily, the price of most tickets these days are just too much. By this, I mean that I personally do not get enough enjoyment from going to shows anymore to justify the price.

"From X: Hello, the prices will range from £84.50 to £277 (including the booking fees) for regular seating. There will also be also hospitality packages starting at £515 for individual seats in the Stalls and the Arena, and box hospitality priced between £2750 and £7140."

​Can someone explain to me what you actually get for £7140?

No plans on spending my life savings just yet, but I am curious to know what on earth could justify such an obscene price tag?

I suspect Floyd, Waters or Gilmour's fanbase now mostly belong to the upper tiers of society. The doctors, the lawyers, government officials, managers, etc. Just as long as it's none of that riff-raf with long hair and ripped jeans.

When you watch the old videos of classic Floyd - the Super8 stuff from the 1970s is a good example - and then you compare those audiences to those attending these Royal Albert Hall Shows, I can't help but get the feeling that they are poles apart, and then some.

I also don't really see how this is accessible to the every day fan like concerts used to be, even adjusted for inflation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	floyd 77 wembley arena- ticket stub.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	369031

£4.25 in today's money is... (drum roll...) £28.29. (actually, it's a bit less because I had to put in £5)

I don't want to start a long debate about something we already know, but I am curious to know if others here think that it's situations like this that are killing off the 'live experience'? And that things won't get any better in the long-run? Or the reverse, and I've got it all wrong? And I still would dearly love to know what a £7000+ ticket actually gets you? Beyond hard drugs, a high-priced hooker and a trip for two to Hawaii, I'm stumped?
      Last edited by DiegoFermoli; 05-09-2024, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Simond
        Simond commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha! I agree with your sentiments about obscene price tags these days, but I think that's just the way it is. I've no idea what seven grand buys you. Presumably a box for you and however many mates plus some kind of 'waiter service'? I don't know. Back in 1970, I was one of the scruffy long-haired riff-raff with ripped jeans who paid a couple of pounds to see them. Then, as I grew older, I became a manager and now I fork out £200 to see an old musician play one of his final shows. I wanted to take my grandson to see Liverpool Football Club - just once to get him started - but can't get tickets for under £300. I used to pay 4/6 on the gate. Times have changed but I do get your point. I do go to see lesser-known live acts at much more reasonable prices so maybe the "live experience" isn't being killed off.

Originally posted by DiegoFermoli View Post

"From X: Hello, the prices will range from £84.50 to £277 (including the booking fees) for regular seating. There will also be also hospitality packages starting at £515 for individual seats in the Stalls and the Arena, and box hospitality priced between £2750 and £7140."

No plans on spending my life savings just yet, but I am curious to know what on earth could justify such an obscene price tag?

I suspect Floyd, Waters or Gilmour's fanbase now mostly belong to the upper tiers of society. The doctors, the lawyers, government officials, managers, etc. Just as long as it's none of that riff-raf with long hair and ripped jeans.

When you watch the old videos of classic Floyd - the Super8 stuff from the 1970s is a good example - and then you compare those audiences to those attending these Royal Albert Hall Shows, I can't help but get the feeling that they are poles apart, and then some.

I also don't really see how this is accessible to the every day fan like concerts used to be, even adjusted for inflation.

Click image for larger version Name:	floyd 77 wembley arena- ticket stub.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	369031

£4.25 in today's money is... (drum roll...) £28.29. (actually, it's a bit less because I had to put in £5)

I don't want to start a long debate about something we already know, but I am curious to know if others here think that it's situations like this that are killing off the 'live experience'? And that things won't get any better in the long-run? Or the reverse, and I've got it all wrong? And I still would dearly love to know what a £7000+ ticket actually gets you? Beyond hard drugs, a high-priced hooker and a trip for two to Hawaii, I'm stumped?
      Very pleased to have got tickets for Gilmour in October and really looking forward to it but got to be honest and say I would have much preferred to see the March ‘77 concerts.

Comment

Touts are selling them on Viagogo for more than £2,300 now - suddenly the price I paid doesn’t seem too bad!
        Last edited by DesertRat; 05-09-2024, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFermoli View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	floyd 77 wembley arena- ticket stub.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	369031

I'm in as long as I get some marbles in the deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captain_Queeg_balls.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	369049
          And ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

Comment

• PFC67
            PFC67 commented
            Editing a comment
            £7140 is not for a single seat - a Grand Tier ‘box’ at RAH holds 12 people - so £595 each.

Does anyone knows whether once inside the RAH, you can reach all of the different sections? Reason for the ask: I have 2 Circle tickets on my name, and will try to get 2 better tickets (Stalls/Arena) today, on my girlfriends name, for the same date.
          Based on the named ticket logic, we could both bring someone along, but of course once inside, I would like to join my girlfriend in the Stalls/Arena, while the 2 persons we bring along, would need to be able to access the Circle seating, while one of them carries a Stalls ticket

Comment

• johnjohnstone
            johnjohnstone commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that certain areas may not be accessible to each other. When I saw DG on the last tour, I'd bought two tickets in a second level box for my wife and myself and two choir tickets later on for my son and his girlfriend, which had a different entry point. As I was the main ticket holder, we went with my son and his girlfriend to the choir seats door and they got in ok. We were then faced with going to the queue for the boxes on the other side of the building but a kind-hearted steward took pity on me (as I was on crutches, having broken my foot) and she unlocked an access door just to let my wife and I get to the boxes without queuing.

Originally posted by Simond View Post
          Well, I got tickets for the final night but what a pressurised process!! I logged in a few minutes before they went on sale. Ticketmaster wouldn't accept my existing password. Time wasted trying to sort that out. I entered my personalised code and was put in a queue with 1200 people ahead of me. Fifteen minutes later I was in. No seating plan, just "what level of seating did I want" (the best) and "how many" (2). It then offered me 2 tickets (no idea where in the RAH) and the clock was ticking to complete the transaction within a couple of minutes. I wasn't even sure which night it was offering me! Anyway, all's well that ends well. Two tickets for the 15th (the night we wanted) but goodness knows where in the RAH. It says 'Arena D' but the RAH seating plan online refers to 'Stalls' with no mention of 'Arena'.
          The Arena is the floor area, sounds like you're in the second row of blocks in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin N View Post

The Arena is the floor area, sounds like you're in the second row of blocks in there.
            Does the arena floor have seating, or is it all standing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark45 View Post

I searched photos and videos of the last time he played there, and the arena was seated - but as far as I’m aware on the last few songs everybody gets up and goes towards the stage

Comment

Originally posted by Colin N View Post

Thanks. I just found this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	RAH Seating.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	369064

Comment

In for the first 4 dates

Comment

Originally posted by Mark45 View Post

Seated - I was seated at one of the dates I attended there last time around. But no one was allowed forward until the last encore number, and no one stood until last few songs of the main set IIRC

Comment

Rome dates added, as only EU shows: Circo Massimo, September 27/28/29 and October 1/2/3

Comment

Grabbed one ticket for the 15th, nice arena spot!

Comment

Working...
                        X