No announcement yet.

Gilmour's Luck & Strange Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen Nick and Roger live on their respective tours to the San Francisco Bay Area in the last couple of years. So, seeing David would complete the triad of seeing them live during my renaissance with Pink Floyd's and the solo members' music, which started in 2020 during the pandemic shelter-in-place.

I'll definitely be going to see David in the city closest to where I live, which will probably mean a drive down to Los Angeles. We'll see.

Comment

If it won’t exhaust Guy Pratt (who to his credit seems like an Energizer Bunny), Nick and the Saucers should open shows on Gilmour’s tour.

It would give fans the semi-reunion so deeply wanted, showcase Nick and his amazing band in front of new people, take some of the physical and vocal burden off of Gilmour, and be a wonderful night of music.

If they join together for even one song per night, even better.

Ten years from now, we will be lucky to have both men still around, let alone touring. If ever they are going to share a stage, this may be it. If any of you know them, Guy, or anyone in their circle, please plant the idea in their heads. It would be a blast.

Comment

Does anyone know if the presale code(s) will be individualized or will it be a general password type thing, like they have in the USA?
        Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

• DesertRat
          DesertRat commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not sure exactly, but the FAQ says people will receive a “link and passcode” via email

Last time it seemed the presale codes came exclusively via that unofficial Gilmour blog site, which is very much missed.

Comment

While I would put next to zero chance in this happening, I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea. As a fan, you would get a incredible selection of tunes and for the aging David and Nick, they could cut their sets to a comfortable 2hrs ea or so. Then as you say, give Pink Floyd fans their mini reunion with an encore together. What a great night that would be.

Originally posted by ClaudeFlowers View Post
          If it won’t exhaust Guy Pratt (who to his credit seems like an Energizer Bunny), Nick and the Saucers should open shows on Gilmour’s tour.

It would give fans the semi-reunion so deeply wanted, showcase Nick and his amazing band in front of new people, take some of the physical and vocal burden off of Gilmour, and be a wonderful night of music.

If they join together for even one song per night, even better.

Ten years from now, we will be lucky to have both men still around, let alone touring. If ever they are going to share a stage, this may be it. If any of you know them, Guy, or anyone in their circle, please plant the idea in their heads. It would be a blast.

Comment

If some has a presale code, but not going to buy tickets I'd be very happy to use it for me. Already told my wife and kids about trip to London in October but now I'm worry about general sale tickets availability.

Comment

Originally posted by kimirkim View Post
              If some has a presale code, but not going to buy tickets I'd be very happy to use it for me. Already told my wife and kids about trip to London in October but now I'm worry about general sale tickets availability.
              Me too! But hopefully, it will be a general code that we all share (that's what it was last time, I believe). We'll know for sure at 5PM today, I guess.

Comment

I've just received my code. It looks like an individual code to me????

Comment

• Oneslip17
                  Oneslip17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the codes are individual. They're really making this difficult for those of us who want to go to multiple shows.

No doubt these will sell like hotcakes! Good luck to everyone buying tix!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJBeadle View Post
                  I've just received my code. It looks like an individual code to me????
                  That's a shame. For me, at least. Good luck!

Comment

Did any of you in North America get the presale code? Just asking bc I didn't and I signed up on his website first day it went live.

Comment

Royal Albert Hall tweeted the ticket prices for those interested: “Hello, the prices will range from £84.50 to £277 (including the booking fees) for regular seating. There will also be also hospitality packages starting at £515 for individual seats in the Stalls and the Arena, and box hospitality priced between £2750 and £7140. All the best - KK”

https://x.com/royalalberthall/status...010656229?s=46

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                        Did any of you in North America get the presale code? Just asking bc I didn't and I signed up on his website first day it went live.
                        I know of one other person who signed up, registered in North America and didn't get a code.
                        Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

Codes are definitely personalised. A friend and I are going to try for tickets this morning and we have non-identical pre-sale codes.

Comment

Bloody ticketmaster made me reset my password as I went on! Queuing now though …

Comment

• DesertRat
                              DesertRat commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Still managed to secure them! Now to apologise to my wallet

• Alan
                              Alan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Same on both counts!
                          Working...
                          X