Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emdy View Post

I believe several of those words!

It is entirely possible that the timeline in my head has been a bit skewed by the multiple disparaging comments a day from you for weeks on end across multiple forums by the time the full album was released, but I certainly do recall skepticism at best after the first 15-second teaser was posted.

I say this all in good fun, of course. Every community needs that one crotchety guy to actively discourage people from liking what they like, and we love you for it.

Anyway, back on topic, pretty brilliant move on David’s part to get people riled up for… whatever this is supposed to be. Devoid of any solid hints and completely off brand. Hoping for a marble box set. An album with a Pratt/Gadd rhythm section would also be acceptable.
    It's one thing to criticisize the concept of Roger Waters reworking DSOTM in the manner that he announced while criticizing a simple graphic for which we have no context (unless assuming it has something to do with David's new album) is another.

Let's not turn this into yet another RW vs DG thread and try to appreciate it for what it is. For now.

Comment

can only agree here.
      whilst we all assume it is a hint to the new album, we do know jack shit.
      so stop the bickering thank you pls.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
        Let's not turn this into yet another RW vs DG thread and try to appreciate it for what it is. For now.
        Not at all the sentiment I had expressed, I believe you know that, but yes, that is something we can agree on.

Comment

He's ready

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/B9oGZBoXhEcpCBXM/ Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2024-04-23-17-20-31.png
Views:	503
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	368299

Comment

• DesertRat
            DesertRat commented
            Editing a comment
            my goodness so am I!!

He’s ready!
          https://youtube.com/shorts/QGapgrIf6ek?feature=shared

Comment

His site now includes a sign-up feature. Things are getting interesting!

Comment

So he had to get a replica black strat to replace the real one. I don't know if that's funny or strange or what.
              Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
              Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

While it's true we know next to nothing, I think it's pretty obvious we're VERY close to the new album's release date being announced and I for one am also ready

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
                  So he had to get a replica black strat to replace the real one. I don't know if that's funny or strange or what.
                  He sold The Black Strat including as well as 126 of his other guitars for Charity, for me thats reason enough.
                  i really dont care if he is using a replica now. I bet nobody can hear the difference,

Comment

• Blackstrat
                    Blackstrat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    maybe he wanted one that hadn't been buggered about with quite so much!

Originally posted by Floydfan2410 View Post

He sold The Black Strat including as well as 126 of his other guitars for Charity, for me thats reason enough.
                  i really dont care if he is using a replica now. I bet nobody can hear the difference,
                  I’m pretty sure he also had a rack of Custom Shop Black Strats as backups on his last tour too, and has spoken very highly of them in the past. From all accounts Fender did a top job with it!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
                    He had replicas before selling all of those beauties away — he even said in the Christie's QNA that he thinks the replicas sound better than the original anyway. I'll take his word for it!
                    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• MrFender
                      MrFender commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For as hacked up as the original is, I don't doubt that. Who doesn't love that new car/guitar smell and feel? It's just funny that through the 80s and 90s, he couldn't have cared less about it. Now he could have his pick of "any colour you like" and he goes back to the black look. Probably much more aware of the "classic" Floyd look and how it impacts marketing.

• Blackstrat
                      Blackstrat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think he's on record as saying he went to the EMG Strats in the 80s and 90s because the pickups didn't pick up interference from the lighting rigs etc in the way that the pickups on the black Strat did?

• MrFender
                      MrFender commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He also tried the XLR experiment in the 70s with it too in order to get rid of noise/interference/hum.

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
                    I wonder if the person in the silhouette is meant to be a young Gilmour and whether the new album may strike a retrospective tone - after all, Polly’s photographs on Instagram show him with some older equipment which hasn’t been used for while (Yamaha rotating speaker and such), and there was talk of Gilmour listening to the Sheffield 1970 recording to hear his guitar delay sound … but I am purely speculating
                    clearly we're looking at an Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast Redux?

Comment

• DesertRat
                      DesertRat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      well this made me chuckle! imagine!

If you want some wild speculation, I'd settle for the silhouette being a nod to Piper and a hint that David is going to guest at one of Nick's shows. Highly unlikely and totally made up by myself of course but if he fancied revisiting Saucerful... Actually, I'd settle for an APB redux. Marmalade, I like marmalade :-)

Comment

• DaveTheRave
                      DaveTheRave commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If David appears with Nick then I think legally it’s a Pink Floyd concert since they are the two surviving owners of post-Roger Floyd.

Pre order on Amazon:
                    Should have called it Roger Waters, because it looks like Roger standing on water. Joking of course, excited.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-24 085239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.7 KB ID:	368330
                    Last edited by Paul; 04-24-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Pre order on Amazon:
                      Should have called it Roger Waters, because it looks like Roger standing on water. Joking of course, excited.
                      Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-24 085239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	257.7 KB ID:	368330
                      I can’t find this on Amazon or iTunes. Please share the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X