Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rontoon for the duration of the tracks.
    I authorized myself to copy and paste your post on a french forum to give the information.

Comment

Originally posted by lvri View Post
      Thanks Rontoon for the duration of the tracks.
      I authorized myself to copy and paste your post on a french forum to give the information.
      Absolutely. Everyone is free to share the info!!!

Comment

Just a heads up for those who haven’t noticed, some of the pre-orders specify that “Pre-order* any format of 'Luck and Strange' to get early access to future UK live dates.”

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
          If my math is correct, the total running time for new new album is 43:20 (not including bonus tracks). Short & sweet.
          Is it really the first time Gilmour will release a vinyl version no different from the CD?

I wonder

Comment

Originally posted by GiveBirthToSmile View Post
            so many references to Roger...? in my wildest dreams it may be a gilmour / waters collaboration? i know that's highly unlikely but even the title could be referring to it? idk if i'm reaching
            You're totally reaching. The whole antisemitic shit on Twitter was only a year ago. They're not going to record together again, ever.
            - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• y!me
              y!me commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. Polly, justifiably, loathes him. So Dave has ample reasons to want to avoid his negativity. Besides I'm sure Rog is busy reveling in the chaos that's going on around the country right now at our universities, due in some part to his rhetoric over the last 10+ years.

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
            Just a heads up for those who haven’t noticed, some of the pre-orders specify that “Pre-order* any format of 'Luck and Strange' to get early access to future UK live dates.”
            Really hope he goes out of Europe for this too. If he only tours locally I'm gonna be so upset.
            - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post

Is it really the first time Gilmour will release a vinyl version no different from the CD?

I wonder
              Based on what is currently available for pre-order from www.davidgilmour.com, there are different versions of the album between the media types:

LP: 9 tracks (Black or Translucent Sea Blue or Exclusive Translucent Bottle Glass Vinyl)

blu-ray: 13 tracks, Dolby Atmos & 24-bit/96 kHz stereo - https://shop.davidgilmour.com/produc...trange-blu-ray

Amazon says they will have an Amazon-exclusive version of the CD, but no details are available on what that is at this point (other than it has a different cover image).

Amazon will also have an exclusive white, opaque vinyl version of the album with the same alternate cover as the Amazon-exclusive CD.
              Last edited by David S CA; 04-25-2024, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• svaerige
                svaerige commented
                Editing a comment
                I just mean tracks duration

1. So nothing in 5.1 then?
              2. Re possible live dates. Just noticed BBC Proms runs to 14/9/24 so Royal Albert Hall available afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by floydian1 View Post
                1. So nothing in 5.1 then?
                2. Re possible live dates. Just noticed BBC Proms runs to 14/9/24 so Royal Albert Hall available afterwards.
                The Blu-Ray release will have a Dolby Atmos mix

Comment

Heads up! The Piper’s Call is being played on BBC Radio 2 just after 09:00 BST today

Comment

Been listening for a bit and not yet heard it. Has it already played, or are we still waiting?
                    Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

• DesertRat
                      DesertRat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      still waiting

Well I enjoyed that, it’s about 9:15 ish if you want to go back and listen on BBC sounds

Comment

Surpassed my expectations.
                      Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

It's online here as well: https://open.spotify.com/album/6CzR5...TnCwQQkNVvRN-g

Comment

Have listened to it a handful of times on Spotify and I absolutely love it!! It's classic Gilmour and yet it sounds different
                          This is gonna be a great album!!

BTW I wonder if they will do the mini box set again including music videos, documentary, Barn Jams etc. like they did with Rattle That Lock and Live at Pompeii?

Comment

Working...
                          X