This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DesLs2dYys
    I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have... very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
      Just a heads up for those who haven’t noticed, some of the pre-orders specify that “Pre-order* any format of 'Luck and Strange' to get early access to future UK live dates.”
      Hi, which pre-order sites mention this please?

Comment

Wow... the new song...

Amazing. RIGHT up my alley.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

First listen in the car, love it.

Looking forward to another go on the headphones after work.

Comment

First impression: I still can’t stand Polly’s lyrics…there’s no bite to them. But the instrumental ending part / fade out sounds fantastic. I bet that would sound great live.

Comment

Streaming at 24/96 on Qobuz.

Comment

Well, I’m glad to hear David trying new things. Sounded vaguely like Robert Plant’s more recent(ish) stuff in the first half. This one might fall under the “acquired taste” category for me, though.

I'm pretty sure the guitar line at 3:26 is lifted straight from Toy Story, that gave me a chuckle.

Comment

Love this new song ! First listening on YouTube, and after that in 24/96 on Qobuz. Wonderful

Comment

His guitar tone on the outro lead is straight out of Obscured By Clouds. I'm not quite sold on the song yet. But when that lead came in I had a the biggest smile.

Comment

Been listening to the song several times today and its so good. I love both the lyrics and the music and i don't mind the cover art at all, it's different and yet very familiar. I really really hope to be able to see him perform at the Royal Albert Hall 😊

Comment

do you think that "Yes, I have Ghost" (I really enjoyed the Leonard Cohen's atmosphere, David's voice and her daughter's sweet vocal harmonies) will be re-recorded for this album ?

Comment

I like the "acoustic" way that David is taking. I love his broken voice; love the percussions (is it tabla ?) - reminds me a Laura Nyro's song from "Smile" album for the percussions and "Harvested Moon" by Neil Young.
                        The guitar solo in the end is stunning. Anyway, the chord sounds somehow familiar to me to a well-known-song but I just can't put my finger on it. But the "déjà vu syndrome" is sometimes something which comes with the Beatles it does not mean that it comes from another song, it could be catchy as it is - ex-nihilo so to speak.

The guitar solo makes me think a little bit of Frank Zappa solo on Sharleena (especially the 1984 tour) but it's a common chord progression.
                        Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 04-26-2024, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                          do you think that "Yes, I have Ghost" (I really enjoyed the Leonard Cohen's atmosphere, David's voice and her daughter's sweet vocal harmonies) will be re-recorded for this album ?
                          Yes I have Ghosts isn't a part of the album AFAIK, it's only added as a bonus.

Comment

Apparently Guy Pratt will be in the touring band, which will put Nick’s tours on hiatus.

Will he finally convince Dave to perform “The Nile Song,” as he tried in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
                              New song & video on Friday
                              well it has begun

I know you - David Gilmour

in the video version there is an overlay of the sound of the surf on the first bars

so it’s like we have two different versions of the same song (although otherwise they are no different)

for those who don't know - I'll tell you

for the previous RTL album I know at least 14 official alternative mixes of different tracks on the album

Comment

Working...
                              X