Animals 2018 Remix - 2024 Atmos Mix bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
    This smells like a cash grab. Should have been released all at the same time.
    Repeat this post with every recent release.

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla1973 View Post

Repeat this post with every recent release.
      This one breaks new ground.

Comment

I'd say I'm baffled, but PF's releases are just becoming too predictable at this point. It's the classic 2-year reissue cycle we've seen so many times before. And of course, it's just jumping on the atmos train, releasing a mix that a very small fraction of people will be able to play. At least they're including the 5.1 mix and the 1977 stereo. Hopefully the atmos mix has adequate separation for AI stem production!
        "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

The cash cow goes Moo again.
          This is actually a beautifully packaged release at a reasonable price. No one is being forced to buy it.

Comment

My phone can play Atmos audio over headphones and I do have Apple Music, so even though it isn't true surround sound I'm still interested in hearing what this will sound like. It is ludicrous that it wasn't released in the previous reissue, though.
            Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
            Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
            Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
            Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
              My phone can play Atmos audio over headphones and I do have Apple Music, so even though it isn't true surround sound I'm still interested in hearing what this will sound like. It is ludicrous that it wasn't released in the previous reissue, though.
              TDSOTM Atmos sounds over headphones differently then 2003 5.1 and 2011/2023 2.0

Animals 2018 5.1 sounds over headphones in fact the same as 2018 2.0

something tells me - Animals Atmos will sound like other 2018 versions

Comment

Emails from Pink Floyd and Nick Mason selling their merch have been arriving at the same time from Perryscope Productions, LLC.
                I wonder if selling off the license is a final cash-in before the catalog is sold off.

The licensee:
                license to Perryscope Productions, LLC.

Our mailing address is: Nylon Merchandising Ltd, Office 307A, Coppergate House, 10 Whites Row, London, E1 7NF​

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
                  Emails from Pink Floyd and Nick Mason selling their merch have been arriving at the same time from Perryscope Productions, LLC.
                  I wonder if selling off the license is a final cash-in before the catalog is sold off.

The licensee:
                  license to Perryscope Productions, LLC.

Our mailing address is: Nylon Merchandising Ltd, Office 307A, Coppergate House, 10 Whites Row, London, E1 7NF​

I've just had a look at the email promo I was sent for this release, and I noticed that strangely, the copyright at the bottom is registered to Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd. and not the normal Pink Floyd Music brand.

Is this for the design of the email, or is the remix also under the Pink Floyd (1987) banner?
                  "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

• daemonspudguy
                    daemonspudguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's the company that Roger isn't a shareholder in, isn't it? That's bizarre. I don't even know what's going on with this band anymore.
                    Last edited by daemonspudguy; 03-16-2024, 01:53 AM.

• David S CA
                    David S CA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Keen observation!

It prompted me to scrutinize the photo of the Dolby Atmos package contents on the PF store webpage: https://store.pinkfloyd.com/products...-animals-remix. The photo includes an image of the disc in the package. The disc's label states the copyright is owned by Pink Floyd Music Ltd.

Like the email you received, the webpage itself is copyright Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd. Under license to Perryscope Productions LLC.

Has anyone bought this in Canada, and if yes, can you please share from who? Amazon.ca shows it as not being released until June 28th, and if I buy it from pinkfloyd.com they want $16.50 for shipping and state delivery will be 7-21days with that rate. Also I just checked again on pinkfloyd.com and it isn't even listed for sale through the US/Canadian link atm. Very strange.

Comment

Working...
                  X