Animals 2018 Remix - 2024 Atmos Mix bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animals 2018 Remix - 2024 Atmos Mix bluray

Clarifying the thread title since I can't edit it - I meant this is a 2024 *release* of an Atmos mix, not a mix made in 2024.. I'm can't find any official source to cite here but I've read speculation elsewhere that this Atmos mix was made in 2022 and wasn't ready in time for the previous round of releases...

EDIT 2: The Atmos mix was indeed made in 2022, as indicated on the disc itself:

Original post :

In yet another case of "why the heck did they not release this at the same time as the rest of the stuff?", they are issuing a Dolby Atmos blu ray version of the 2018 remix of Animals.
    Note that the previous blu-ray release only had a 5.1 mix.

https://shop.pinkfloyd.com/product/X...21_84308_84317

The Animals 2018 Remix – Dolby Atmos Blu-ray includes High Resolution Stereo and 5.1 Mixes alongside the 1977 Original Stereo Mix. The album artwork has been reimagined by Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell from Hipgnosis especially for this release and presented in a digipak with a 16-page booklet, a sticker and a postcard and features the historic Battersea Power Station as it looks now, complete with the 2022 light projections used for the launch of the Animals 2018 Remix, mapped and designed by Peter Curzon from StormStudios.

The Blu-ray contains the following mixes:
    DOLBY ATMOS MIX
    5.1 SURROUND MIX in 24bit/96kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA
    STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA
    1977 STEREO MIX in 24bit/192kHz UNCOMPRESSED, and dts-HD MA​
    Last edited by jmr; 03-14-2024, 12:36 PM.

Siebene auf einen Streich

Comment

The Atmos mix was apparently made in 2022, as indicated on the disc itself:

Comment

Originally posted by jmr View Post
        The album artwork has been reimagined by Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell from Hipgnosis especially for this release
        why isn't there any photoshopped glider ?

sorry

I didn’t immediately see the photoshopped pig​
        Last edited by svaerige; 03-14-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

This smells like a cash grab. Should have been released all at the same time.

Comment

it will be very interesting to listen to the in fact mono version of Pigs On The Wing Part One with 12 speakers.

Comment

Money

So they say

is the root of all evil today...

- The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

drip, drip, drip.....

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I’d love this … if I had an atmos system!

Comment

No liner notes this time?

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
                        No liner notes this time?
                        Considering the last dust up with the Animals liner notes, it's best that there isn't any just so it gets released.
                        What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                        Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
                        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post
                          This smells like a cash grab. Should have been released all at the same time.
                          ”To all those who find themselves at a violent end of monetarism.”

Comment

I was wondering...

Was there any contractual reason that forced the release of the 5.1 + stereo 2018 remix before certain date, so they could not wait for the Atmos mix to be complete?

Or was the Atmos already done at the same time with the 5.1+stereo, and something prevented it from being released back then, and had to be postponed until now?

Or was the Atmos an afterthought? A new project that was born independently?

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
                              I was wondering...

Was there any contractual reason that forced the release of the 5.1 + stereo 2018 remix before certain date, so they could not wait for the Atmos mix to be complete?

Or was the Atmos already done at the same time with the 5.1+stereo, and something prevented it from being released back then, and had to be postponed until now?

Or was the Atmos an afterthought? A new project that was born independently?
                              I'm a firm believer that the Atmos mix was already done when the original box came out, and that they choose to release it now only because the sales of the original box are going down and they want to farm money.

It's exactly what they did with everything from The Later Years box, Atom Heart Mother box, what they're doing with the 50th Dark Side box, etc...

PFM are just cash grabbing bastards at this point. A friend of mine made a joke once a while back, saying that, after Roger left, Pink Floyd became a T-shirt brand. The kind of people who just sell out and put out so much dumb stuff that nobody really wants. He was right.

Imagine if this band had a management and archivist like the Grateful Dead. We would have so much more stuff that the diehards like US actually want. Alas, that doesn't seem like it will ever happen. Ever.

i can't wait for the 2094 super ultra mega premium deluxe edition of PULSE, that is shipped to you in a block of granite via a limousine, and the video quality is now so ruined with AI that the original picture isn't even comparable. It also has a strobing LED this time to keep the future generations entertained.
                              - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• daemonspudguy
                                daemonspudguy commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Say what you will about King Crimson (and I know you have mentioned you don't tend to like their stuff) but they know how to do that kind of shit and do it well.
                            Working...
                            X