This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanko View Post

I genuinely don't care about your opinion any more. Reading comprehension is clearly something you haven't been gifted with in any meaningful capacity.
    Come on buddy, is not THAT a big deal. I for one didn't know that the studio footage from Pompeii probably wouldn't be legit, so, I learnt something new today. And I've been loving this band for nearly 30 years.

Let's keep it funny, friendly, and open minded. If you want to be rude to each other keep it privately or arrange a duel, but not here. If it's all about who has the biggest c*ck, remember, mine's the biggest

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by gotta_be_crazy; 03-11-2024, 08:15 PM.
    If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Agree!

Read my first post. I was curious, did some research, posted the info, and asked about it.

Did anyone else even bother to do any research, or post real information? No. it was all "I think", "I heard" etc

Alanko pulls stuff out of his ass & argues that's more credible than Abbey Road studio logs, taken by the engineers, on the days of recording. Ludicrous.

I figured people here, of all places, would be interested & maybe grateful to get some accurate Pink Floyd myth/history ironed out

-edited to correct name
      Last edited by umma gumma; 03-11-2024, 11:37 PM.

Comment

oops, sorry got the name wrong. apologies

Comment

Originally posted by umma gumma View Post
          oops, sorry got the name wrong. apologies
          Please edit the comment or delete it, if not, I'll take it as a provocation.
          If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Agree!

Read my first post. I was curious, did some research, posted the info, and asked about it.

Did anyone else even bother to do any research, or post real information? No. it was all "I think", "I heard" etc
            And you continue to be as rude as ever.

Comment

I don't think so. I'm posting information & responding to people. Is what I'm saying inaccurate?

Comment

This thread is starting to look like a Reddit post….

Let’s spare the good ship R&D from this nonsense. Plenty of discussion and speculation to be had over these sessions without embarrassing ourselves.

I do have enough experience recording with folks to know that it’s not at all uncommon to track spontaneous ideas on the spot that may or may not be used, but doing that on tape in a proper studio in 1972 was considerably more expensive than it is on a computer now. I’m inclined to believe there was some intent to potentially use what DSOTM material we do see in the film for whatever mix/release, rather than material solely for a film that’s already been released or a throwaway doc that nobody would see for 50 years. Though the timeline is a bit fuzzy for me, and I barely have any idea what I’m talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by gotta_be_crazy View Post

Please edit the comment or delete it, if not, I'll take it as a provocation.
                  done. no provocation intended it was an honest mistake.

Comment

I was hoping someone else had that book & we could compare notes. I can't imagine how much work went into it, it's well worth the read.

I think I'll go watch the movie

adios

Comment

Might this thread be a candidate for closing?

Comment

Like every RW post…:/

Looking forward to our RW episode…urgs.

Best Nils
                        FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                        Youtube
                        Apple Podcast
                        Amazon Music
                        Spotify
                        Deezer
                        Facebook

Comment

Ah, I like this discussion, it´s in the greyzone between passionate and offence but so what, I like greyzones.. Some good beer together afterwards and all is fine.. Anyway I always thought that the staged studiofootage was already common knowledge..

Comment

yes, I don't understand why people have issues with research, and hard facts. I was genuinely curious myself, and welcome to be proved wrong. But read through the thread & see the responses I was getting. Bizarre.

Comment

I did not know that Echoes was shot in the manner Rontoon explained. Although it is a little disappointing to hear because I love Pompeii probably more than anything else PF, I am happy to have new PF info and discourse on R&D!

Comment

yes, I don't understand why people have issues with research, and hard facts. I was genuinely curious myself, and welcome to be proved wrong. But read through the thread & see the responses I was getting. Bizarre.

a little deer lost in the mountains....

Comment

Working...
                                X