Sigma Very Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma Very Quiet

Maybe its me but it does seem Sigma has been very quiet the past few months. Same for Graf Zeppelin. Is it lawsuit related or just me ?

There has been no new content published on Giginjapan for 3 months, but I have seen other content on the internet that has been newly remastered by Graf Zeppelin, there is nothing new in PF...

Comment

Pretty sure there was a lawsuit against PF 1987 ltd back in the Summer. Someone could surely provide a link quicker than I could.
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
        Pretty sure there was a lawsuit against PF 1987 ltd back in the Summer. Someone could surely provide a link quicker than I could.
        Yes, unfortnately...

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...856-disc-japan

Comment

Originally posted by harryboy View Post
          Maybe its me but it does seem Sigma has been very quiet the past few months. Same for Graf Zeppelin. Is it lawsuit related or just me ?
          Very sad news
          I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have... very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...

Comment

Not much of a Sigma fan. From my understanding, they just put out inferior versions of releases you could find elsewhere.🤷‍♂️ To each their own, though, I'm not trying to start a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DementedAvengers View Post
              Not much of a Sigma fan. From my understanding, they just put out inferior versions of releases you could find elsewhere.🤷‍♂️ To each their own, though, I'm not trying to start a fight.
              Will never understand the love that people share for them...you could just burn your own CDs for cheaper prices.
              - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

Will never understand the love that people share for them...you could just burn your own CDs for cheaper prices.
                I would think that's what most of us do - but while I also don't exactly have loads of love for a company earning real money from these releases, it is, as far as I'm aware, perfectly legal to sell these bootlegs in Japan. Given how strictly law abiding they are in just about everything, it makes no sense that they'd suddenly rampantly break the law over something so glaringly obvious to even the casual observer.

I do remember reading the specific law/loophole that permits it, but I'll be damned if I can find anything about it online now.

Note that the legal action is coming from America - not from within Japan.

It is however perfectly possible that while they can get away with it IN Japan - the act of exporting the discs would still be 100% illegal and open them up for this legal challenge. If this is the case then it is quite frankly their own stupidity (or should that be greed?) that landed them in this mess.

Comment

"CARNEGIE HALL 1972(1CD) [Sigma 319]" was released at the beginning of last month; the Sigma label has not yet stopped releasing it.

As far as I know, it has not happened yet that the official side of Pink Floyd sent a document to a bootleg store in Japan that glimpses a complaint. Therefore, there has been no problem in Japan so far.
                  Some years ago, DGM, which manages King Crimson, sent warning documents by international mail to Japanese bootleg stores. As a result, new King Crimson bootlegs are no longer released at all.​
                  Last edited by shuffle; 03-09-2024, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X