No announcement yet.

Remember That First Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020: during the 2020 lockdowns, I decided to finally watch Pink Floyd -The Wall one afternoon. I fucking loved it.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

When was the movie Pink Floyd The Wall first shown on UK television? That was probably it.

Comment

That was sometime in 1980. I was 5. My future brother-in-law got the Wall LP. I was fascinated with Scarfe's drawings and the music that went with it. A few months later one of my brothers brought home a copy of Animals that one of his friends lent him. I was in for a looong ride.
        I also remember that a bit later in my pre-teen years, I went with my mother to a lunch at some family - can't remember if it was cousins or else. Anyway they had a nice LP collection and I disctinctly remember gazing at the covers and being in awe with the Pink Floyd albums.

Comment

Ummagumma! My brother was given a copy of this album to listen to by a technician at our school, ostensibly to broaden my brother's musical horizons beyond classical music.

I now own a worn LP copy of Ummagumma out of pure nostalgia.

Comment

My sister had a friend who's dad had a shiny new fancy gold turntable in 1973 and he played the 11 year-old me DSOTM. 50 years later I'm still buying copies of it. Thanks, Ed

Comment

Working...
            X