Remember That First Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember That First Time?

I was looking at old photos on one of my drives...I don't remember where I originally found it date info- Created:‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎18, ‎2016, ‏‎4:41:30 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	darksidefirsttime.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	366469

i vaguely remember the time period (lots of discoveries coming all at once, circa 1982), but i'm sure it was an XDR cassette. i still have a few tapes from those days, but i "upgraded" nearly everything to cds later that decade. probably the last tape i bought was... 'brothers in arms?'
    ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

It was in 1985 when I first listened to PF, a friend of mine gave me a selfrecorded cassette (from LP). Side A Dark Side, Side B Wish You Were Here. A whole new world was opened for me

Comment

1982... For me, it was an opening day for the rest of my life.
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

I recall having heard The Wall and most likely Dark Side of the Moon at a friends place oftern enough to decide to buy Wish You Were Here myself (I guess 1983 or so). I did not listen first in the record store, but played it ffor the very first time in my room. When the music started THAT slow, and soft, I felt quite confused ;-)
          Then a year later, I suddenly heard on the radio what I thought was a new single by Pink Floyd, but upon finishing the song, the radio dj said this was the new Roger Waters (5:01 AM) ;-)

Comment

High school. Late 70s. Probably 1977 or 1978. A school mate lending me a copy of DSOTM. Possibly cassette? I was hooked by On the run.

Comment

I already knew the Wall, first time I heard DSOTM was in 2008 when I was almost a teenager - I bought a knockoff CD abroad whilst on a family holiday and played it on my portable CD player. The disc was so scratched that only a few tracks would play - but they still blew me away!

Comment

It was in 1982 when I heard Pink Floyd for the first time, I was 10 years old. I remember as if it were today riding in the car with my parents and a friend of my father played the cassette of The Wall, it was the happiest days of our lives (the helicopter)

Comment

My friend Bill sat me between two speakers that were pointed inwards and put on On The Run - possibly off an 8 Track tape. This was probable 1977 or 1978. Everything shifted with the sound.

Comment

In the late 80s for me, but the band became more significant to me when my father bought a parabolic antenna the day they broadcasted PULSE in 1994. Receiving a signal with this type of antenna was quite a challenge, my father spent hours setting this thing ! He finally got a stable and clear video signal right at the beginning of the show. Everything was recorded on vhs, so it’s funny to watch the video signal going on and off before the start of the show.

Comment

probably 1989 when I built a speaker out of a shoebox and a cheap speaker. I connected to a walk man and listened to TDSOTM... and even though it wasn't the best audio (nor was it for several years) I realized how valuable those sounds were.

Comment

1969 in Bloomington, Minnesota, a friend took me into his older brother's room and played some of his albums, The Mothers, Steve Miller, Nazz...Pink Floyd and others. We snuck in back a few times, I did not have a stereo. DSOTM sometime around the release date WYWH a day before the Official release date I had a stereo by then.

Comment

July 1967. Top of the Pops. Wow! Start of the love affair ….

Comment

I had just gotten The Wall, for Christmas the previous year and we were off to do school shopping. I saved up enough money to get TDSOTM on cd. They always played Money and Time on our local rock station.

As soon as we got back in the car i popped it into my portable cd player and I was mesmerized! When we got home I threw it into my boombox and put my better headphones on and I just layed there for hours listening to it on repeat!

At that moment i had to collect every single recording of theirs to see what other sonic treats were out there. I would hate to think of how many prisms I carved into desks from that point on.

Comment

Mideighties; when I was a child, my parents occasionaly played TDSOTM, WYWH and Meddle. I loved one of these days then and I love it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X